Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Tour Part 1

Since I was away for a few days, I haven't been working on any projects. I thought I would embrass myself by showing you a tour of my home.... where it was shortly after we moved in all the way up to where it is now. And of course there are some things that I would love ideas on!
I am going to start downstairs... We have a split foyer, so when you get to the bottom of the stairs, you have 3 choices... go straight through a door that is my workspace, go right into the family room, or left into the playroom.
Here is a glimpse at what the playroom looked like 3 years ago.




Of course you have seen it as of late as I featured its redo a couple months ago, but here are a couple of pictures to refresh your memory. I am happy with this room as is, but am about to make some new curtains (Stay tuned for that!).


Moving on to the family room, here is a shot of what it looked like... (the other half of the room was pretty much empty space!)

And here it is now....




Here is the view from the couch- the cabinets came from an old kitchen, or so I was told. And the awesome photos came from my brother.



Coming next, we'll head upstairs! I am cringing at the thought of what I am about to show you....

11 comments:

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

I LOVE those cabinets on either side of the tv.
cute flip flops and feet!
where you watching scoundrels? ;)
can't wait to see more.
gail

Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Me too. Those cabinets are so cute!

P.S. Love the playroom.

Jeralee said...

What a great idea of reusing kitchen cabinets in that manner.

Playroom is cute. I would have loved to have something like that as a child. Hours of fun I am sure!

I like the nice work space you have created.

Christa @ Modern Vintage Interiors said...

I've read all three parts backwards, and really enjoyed seeing your lovely home. You've done so many wonderful things to it; great work!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I so love your house Cassie. It's cozy, welcoming and stylish all in one. The way you've created that TV area is awesome and how cool are your brothers photos.
I was so dreading having to show everyone the current state of my bedroom though I hope the after will redeem me! Your home is just gorgeous as is.
Kris
xx

Orange it Lovely said...

wow. Simply wow.Amazing afters!
Love it all!!
~tana

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I love the white frames you have hanging above the couch. And the kids artwork on the other wall adds so much nice color! What a comfy family room to hang out in! And that playroom is every child's (and parents) dream!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Your home is warm and cozy, a perfect family home. It suits you and you know that is a compliment as you are a sweetheart. I love the cabinets on either side of the TV, but have you thought of switching them? Seems like the knobs should be in the middle, towards the TV, as if the cabinets are framing the TV ... just a thought.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your home is very warm and inviting. A well lived in home (I mean that in a nice way)! Love the cabinets on each side of the TV. They look great. Your children's playroom is awesome! What fun for them. I like the way you put those white frames on the wall above the couch. You have a lovely home! Thanks for sharing it with us. Love & blessings from NC!

Design Apprentice said...

I love your home! You truly turned a house into a home. I can't begin to describe how much I would LOVE to have your family room. I can't wait to see more.

Thank you for your sweet sweet comments. It's so nice to have blogging friends who are willing to throw themselves out there and relate with you.

Kacey said...

Beautiful! Love those cabinets on either side of the TV. And the playroom is so fun!