Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weighing in.... The Frosted Gardner

A couple weeks ago I shared with you all my garage sale loot, and shared this picture which showed a scale I picked up for a dollar.

My pal Melanie commented that she would love to have it, so I offered to send it to her for what I paid ($1) plus shipping. It was send out last week, and landed safely at the home of The Frosted Gardner and looks fabulous in her home.
Melanie and her husband, Mike, share with me a passion for repurposing, repainting, and just generally sprucing up vintage pieces and giving them new life. Just check out some of their fantastic projects!




Melanie, thanks so much for your kinds words about me yesterday, and enjoy your new scale! I have met so many wonderful people in this amazing blogosphere- I value all of you! As a matter of fact, I am just shy of 500 followers, and once that number is reached, there will be a little giiveaway happening in these parts of the woods. I haven't decided what I will be giving away... any thoughts on what you'd like? I can't ship furniture at a decent price, but let me know if there is something you'd like to see as a freebie!

10 comments:

kelley blake said...

How sweet are you?! And Melanie's blog is fantastic! I actually received a scale that was my great grandparents :) You can check it out here:

http://theeclecticowl.blogspot.com/2010/08/little-something-special.html

The Frosted Gardner said...

Oh my goodness! Wow. Thank you so much for all of YOUR kind words. We feel very honored to be featured on such a talented blog. You are great Cassie. We appreciate your friendship and hope we can continue to inspire each other!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Lovely pieces! That was very sweet of you!

XO
Lenore

Emily said...

what a cute scale! your friend has done some amazing redo's as well. cute knobs would be a great giveaway I think :)

Lisa's Creative Home said...

So sweet of you to sell her that scale. I have a similar one in my kitchen and love it! Love the furniture!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

yay! everything looks great! (as always!) You challenge me to think about my pieces. I've got one waiting for a new outfit, and I still can't decide what to do with it!
gail
ps got your check yesterday, thanks!

Restyled Vintage said...

I am already a follower of Frosted Gardner and I agree, they are super talented...and they pump through their projects at an amazing rate just like you do Cassie :)

xx Karen

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

What a sweetie you are. I must admit I woulda found it hard to part with those scales. Will have to head on over and check out Melanie's blog now.
Kris
xxx

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

What a kind thing to do! I'm sure your friends are very happy. They have made over some great pieces.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you like my idea for a giveaway and thanks for stopping by my blog! I would also love to hear more about your painting techniques for all these amazing furniture redos you show us. Congrats on all the google followers!!