Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thanks to Cassie!

Nope, I am not speaking about myself in the third person like Jimmy from Seinfeld ("Jimmy likes Elaine").  I am sending out a huge heartfelt thank you to Cassie of Hi Sugarplum! for a $50 Target giftcard I received just for being a follower! Not only is she beautifully named and beautiful might I add, but she is talented, clever, and creative.  So you see, we have more than just a name in common. ;)  In all seriousness, just look at what this gal is capable of dreaming up and designing!
after 1
14
100_0613
Is her home amazing, or what?!?!
Anyhow, Emmy and I took a trip to Target today while Sawyer was at school, and here is what was purchased using the gift card!  I bought a cute plaid shirt (had to get something fun for me!), Mrs. Meyers laundry detergent which is the only thing we use, little nesty looking pumpkins on sale for $1.25 each, and the best find, a gray and white printed shower curtain that I am going to use to recover the chairs seen in the picture!  The curtain was $25, and will be enough for the two cushions I think.
 A closeup of the fabric- do you love it? I do!
 A closeup of the shirt...
 And I am so sorry.... no great place to take a picture, but this is what the shirt looks like on me.
So thank you so much, Cassie!  I had so much fun shopping at Target, and hope to get my chairs recovered soon!  I was waiting to find the right fabric, and now I have it!

8 comments:

gail myrepurposedlife.net said...

cool beans! You got a lot of stuff for $50.00! Love the fabric of the shower curtain!

gail

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

You did your $50 proud!!! And pretty genius to buy a shower curtain for fabric! Can't wait to see your finished chairs...and thanks so much for the kind words and shout-out!!!

Cassies Rule. :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love the shirt. I love long shirts and jeans, and you look fabulous in yours with the tights. Great fabric in the shower curtain, it will look fabulous on the chairs. You did good. Congratulations on the win. Hugs, Marty

Kelly at I Dream of Decor said...

love the shirt and the shower curtain! and you just gave me a great idea to look at shower curtains for fabric to recover my new craigslist dining chairs! Thanks:)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Ha! I loved that episode.
That's great fabric! My eye was immediately drawn to it before I read.

Jessica said...

so fun! i love the fabric and actually bought the matching hand towels for our bathroom a few weeks ago :o) can't wait to see the chairs!!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Looks like you found some great treasures! I love curtain and it will look great to recover the cushions on the white chair (if it is in fact staying white). And good for you for buying something for yourself...sometimes a new shirt is all it takes for a little pick-me-up! It looks super cute on, too!

Cathy @ The Far Fifty said...

Love me a plaid shirt! Looks cute!