Sunday, January 23, 2011

Emmy's Candy Shoppe Party

My baby turned 4 and we celebrated today with lots of friends at our "Sweets 4 the Sweet: Emmy's Candy Shoppe" party.  I own't bore you with too many details, but wanted you to see how we decorated, and how we partied! :) Here are some pictures I took before guests arrived

Decorations upon entering our front door.... all courtesy of Target after Christmas clearance.

Emmy's shop set up and ready for customers- buckets and bins and jars of candy galore!



I like to do our parties early in the day and serve brunchy breads, finger sandwiches, coffees, and we also had fruit salad (gotta have something healthy, too1)

Cupcakes: vanilla with pink frosting, and chocolate with orange frosting.  Some featured m&m's, some had jelly beans, and some had spice drops (which my son confused for his guummy vitamins and yelled out, "Oh Emmy!  I am going to have  one that has vitamins on it!"


And then the party people arrived, and a good time was had by all!
They decorated bags and then shopped and filled them with candy.

It was chaotic fun!

Emmy and her buddy Addy found a corner to sit and inhale their sugar.

Getting ready for cupcake time!

Lighting the candles.


Opening presents....

And thanking friends with big hugs!

Emmy's friends were just as excited as she was.
And  now my big girl is 4!
Thanks to my dad for taking pictures during the party since I was a little too busy.   And thanks to all of those who emailed me or commented to wish Emmy a happy birthday!
The Girl Creativemmm button504 MainPhotobucket http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/Texas MonkeyMakingIts So Very Cheri Visit thecsiproject.com

32 comments:

Katie said...

That's my kind of party!! What a cute idea! I loved all your furniture too (yes, I was peeking)! Happy 4th to Miss Emmy!

Shaunna said...

Absolutely adorable...I have a special place in my heart for a candy shoppe party. ;-) shaunna (oh, and I will email u about 3 closeup shots of yours...thanks for offering!)

The Frosted Gardner said...

She is one cute girl and that was one amazing party! WOW! All that candy for all of those girls. Everything looked beautiful. An unforgettable 4th birthday!

Courtana said...

Oh, it puts my upcoming party decorations to shame! Absolutely adorable and your daughter is too lovely!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

That's It!! I am moving to Maryland so I can come to these really fun parties you have....Wine and design on Friday nights and candy galore on Sunday...I can't believe what I am missing out on!

LOVE the large candy you have hanging on the banister...They are huge! Are those from Target too?

Looks like you had a blast!

Take care,
Lisa

Jennifer said...

ahhh-mazing! Those cupcakes are so cute and fun! and all your little accents rock! Must've been good times, obviously. sugar highs for everyone!!!

xoxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

ps: the shnozberries taste like shnozberries! (haha! the paper candy dots always take me back to willy wonka!)

-Kasey said...

How fun and totally adorable! :)

Chandra Chinnis said...

Cute idea and I know the parent's will thak you for their sugar rush kids LOL.

Tammy said...

happy birthday Emmy! great party. love the candy shop idea. Lauren has informed me that this year will be a Scooby Doo Princess party. yep that should be easy to pull off! lol

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What a perfect party for a 4 year old girl! The decorations are adorable!

My kids were so ripped off.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a cute theme for Emmy's party! Looks like everyone had a great time, especially the birthday girl. She is totally adorable! Happy Birthday, Emmy! Great job, Cassie!

Orange it Lovely said...

oh I love it. we did a candyland theme for my daughter when she turned 10. one of the best parties I threw to date, and you gave me even more ideas! lol
tana

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

awww, looks like emmy (and everyone else) had such a great time!
I love how you decorated everything. The cupcakes look scrumptious!
yay for being 4!
gail
ps she's a cutie! and sawyer is quite handsome too!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

You really know how to throw a party! Cute candy station! Emmy looks like she had a ball! What a cutie!

Oh, and red is your color, Cassie :)

Thanks for sharing the party with us!
~xo

michelle said...

So adorable and good enough to eat! :) I am so glad that she had a wonderful birthday and I love brunchy-foods too!! :)

Simply Domestic said...

Looks like a wonderful party! Great idea to have the party early. Love the bread and muffins idea. :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

What a cutie she is. You did a great job decorating. I hope you guys have all come down from your sugar hight by now ;)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

I loved seeing the birthday photos. What fun and special day. They grow up so fast huh?

Ali Richardson said...

Everything looked SUPER adorable! Great job :)

Shannon @ Hase Haus said...

Cassie...this party could have been featured in a magazine. How creative!!! Oh my goodness...I just can't get over it!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! I love the Candy Shoppe theme...and it looks like the kids did, too :)

Crystal @ New Creation said...

I love this idea!! I will keep it in mind for a future birthday although my one year old has a long way to go before she can inhale a pixie stix... :D

Jenn ~ Flea With Me said...

sniffle.. they grow up too fast - I miss those birthdays!!

knack said...

oh my word! everything looks amazing! I know she had a wonderful party...her little face tells it all! You are such an awesome mom!

xo

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

So stinkin' cute! I want a candy shoppe party :-) Looks like it was a great party!!

Allison said...

What a delightful party! So fun and whimiscal! Emmy is adorable and it looks like she had the time of her life at her party. A big Happy Birthday to her from me! Your Dad took wonderful photos.

Michelle @ Ten June said...

adorable party! looks like they had a lot of fun :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Adorable! I love the big candy decorations. SO fun! Looks like Emmy enjoyed herself too.

Wendy said...

That turned out adorable! And what a great idea to get the Christmas ornaments from Target!

Jasmine said...

Great Party! Ya gotta love girls and their candy themed parties. ;)(My daughter wants one for her Sweet 16 - I better start saving now...)

Happy Belated Birthday to miss Emmy!

~Jazz

Modern Frills said...

LOVED your party ... so much fun!!!

Carrie said...

Great and unique party theme!