Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Wine & Design, and Some Surprises

This month's wine & design was painted glass or ceramics.  I totally biffed and forgot to take any pictures.... argh!  You will just have too ooh and aah aw the lovely projects you can imagine!  I did one teensy project on the theme, but I had to work on decorations for Emmy's party, so I didn't do much glass painting.  Instead, I worked on a gummy heart wreath that I am using for the party, and keeping up to transition into Valentine's day.  It was so easy, too!  All I did was buy a white foam wreath form, and used my hot glue gun to adhere red sugary gummy hearts from the dollar store.  I followed a pattern, with each row of hearts going in the opposite direction, and then I added a hot pink tulle bow that I created using the pom-pom method.  If you don't know this method, you simply cut one small piece and set aside.  Then you wrap as any times as you want around your hand- the more you wrap, the fuller your bow.  Once I wrapped enough, I took my smaller piece and looped it through, and tied a knot.  Then I used scissors to cut all of the loops I had formed, and then just kind of played and floofed it a little until I was satisfied.  Then I hot glued that to the wreath, hung it up, and called it a day!  Here is my wreath, ready to greet party-comers tomorrrow!

 Pardon the little hot glue string that I didn't notice til after I had the pictures downloaded!
And now for some thank yous and sharing surprises!  Yesterday, I received a package in the mail from my friend Brenda at The Paper Rose.  Brenda and I both participated in a supply swap last year and were paired up and have been friends since!  She sent me the the nicest package, wrapped beautifully in a cigar box!  And it came with the sweetest note...



As you can see, she is very talented!  She made the rings and notebook she sent me!  And she also gave me an adorable Vera Bradley photo wallet, cute message clips, and a lovely vintage Valentine's hanky.  Thank you sooo much, Brenda!  I love everything, and am just so happy that we met!  Kiss that grandbaby for me!

Renee from Where the Grass is Greener came over last night for Wine & Design, and brought a lovely wrapped surprise for Emmy for her birthday!  Emmy loves polka dots, so we very excited when she opened this adorable letter block!
Thanks, Renee!  Emmy loves her letter "E"!  And in case you love it, too, Renee sells tons of adorable handmade cutenss in her etsy shop!
Ok, I am offically out for the weekend!  We have a party to go to later today- my girlfriend is having a "Winter One-derland" for her daughter's first birthday- how cute is that??  And then tomorrow is Emmy's big party!  Happy Weekend!
PhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Visit thecsiproject.comPhotobucketAll Thingz RelatedMake it Yours @ My Backyard EdenShow and Tell Green

13 comments:

Paddywack Designs said...

The wreath is fantastic! What a generous package too. Brenda is right your blog is inspiring.

I'm the girl from Jackson, Mi... just wondering if your nephew has gotten here yet. (:

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

I love the wreath! I've been making all kinds of candy wreaths but haven't tried that one yet!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

what?! no pictures! how could you! Very sweet package from Brenda!
Love your wreath, the E is adorable, and gail wishes emmy a very happy birthday!

Renee @ where the grass is greener said...

Your wreath turned out so well! I knew it would. I hope Emmy has a fun and "sweet" birthday party.

Ali Richardson said...

Happy B-day party little Emmy! LOVE the wreath, looks yummy!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Oh how sweet is everything. Your package, your wreath, the one year old birthday theme. You might get a cavity with all that sweetness at once.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This wreath is awesome. Really it is so cute.You are really talented!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Your wreath is adorable! I have a horrible sweet tooth so you probably wouldn't want me at your front door :)

Such fun gifts! So nice to have blogging friends!

I hope you have a great weekend and a much Happy Birthday to Emmy!

Take care, friend!
~Michelle :)

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

What a sweet package you received! And it's nice that she put so much thought into it.

Have fun at the birthday party tomorrow! Can't wait to read all about it :)

Holly said...

Happy weekend! This wine and design sounds intriguing. Very cute wreath what a lovely way to greet the guests!

Enjoy the parties!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Cassie - I love this - simply fabulous. It looks amazing hanging on your door. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase; I greatly appreciate it. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I'll be featuring this today. ~ Stephanie Lynn

Candace@craftysisters-nc said...

Very fun wreath, I love the gummy hearts. Great job!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

What a fun weekend! How neat to get those surprises in the mail. I'll be doing that wreath with my girls, it's the perfect Valentines craft.