Monday, February 21, 2011

Somebody's Got a Case of the Mondays... and a GORGEOUS MASTER BEDROOM!

It's Monday.  It's cloudy.  Sawyer was up all night with a cough.  We had plans to play with friends and then I was going to take the kids to see Gnomeo & Juliet since there is no school, but my husband Chris still had to work.  With Sawyer's cough, I decided it was best to just stay home since my girlfriend has a baby, and I also didn't want to drive everyone nuts at the movie theater with a constantly coughing child.  So Sawyer, Emmy, and I spent the morning in Sawyers room, where they drew pictures for Gramma and made her some puppets, too.  After all, it's her birthday tomorrow, and what woman doesn't want puppets for her birthday?  And thank you so much for all your kind thoughts and prayers.  My mom (aka Gramma) got a migraine in the middle of the night Saturday which pretty much confirmed the doctor's thoughts.  She is headed for a check up today, but we're pretty sure the whole episode was migraine related.

So pretty non-exciting morning here, but I have some beautiful pictures to share with you that a reader, Jen, shared.  She blogs at Little Miss Penny Wenny and needs your votes to win a contest from Ivory Homes. All you have to do is CLICK HERE and like Ivory homes on facebook, and then like Jen's entry, which is number 5 in the "Ivory loves your style" album. Easy as that.  Jen completed her bedroom transformation in just 5 days and did so mcuh work herself- adding molding, painting furniture, upholstering a chair, and SO MUCH MORE!  She is going to be up against interior designers in this contest, but her hope is to show that you don't have to be an interior designer, nor do you have to have a large budget.  Her bedroom was completed for a total cost of.... wait for it.... wait for it.....$539!!!  yes, you read right- that is not a typo.  Juist in case you don't believe me I will spell it out.  FIVE HUNDRED and THIRTY-NINE DOLLARS.  Amazing.  Just see for yourself... How bout some eye candy?

I am drooling over those nightstands!!!


Pretty amazing, right?  If you agree, please go vote for Jen!  I am in no way being compensated for this post, but when I saw Jen's pictures I had to not only vote for her, but share with you and hope you will go do the same!  Thanks for sharing Jen.... awesome work, and I wish you the best of luck!!!

13 comments:

Rene said...

I'm glad it is nothing more than migraines, even though they can be miserable. That is one gorgeous bedroom! Enjoy your day Cassie.

-Rene

Allison said...

Migraines are nasty but I'm so glad it isn't anything else. Sorry your mom has to go through this. Those night stands are stunning! What a beautiful and tranquil bedroom Jen has created. I hope Sawyer feels better!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Pray your mom can get some relief from the migraines. They are awful!
I always love to see how people can create such gorgeous spaces on a dime. This is one beautiful bedroom! Love the night stands!!!
Hope Sawyer feels better soon, too! :) ~M

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Voted.........nice bedroom!
Love the color!

Sending your Mom a hug!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! This is one Paris chic boudoir!

Take care,
Lisa

Ali Richardson said...

WOW! That's GORGEOUS!

Renee @ where the grass is greener said...

Glad your mom is better. I hate migraines, but I'm glad it wasn't serious. Had fun at W & D the other night and my friend, Jen wants to come back.

Jen said...

Cassie,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this feature! Wow, I feel so flattered by this and by all of the kind comments! I love that blog land is helping people to realize that you don't have to be rich to have a rich home.

Thank you!!!

Charlotte said...

Wonderful bedroom...will vote for Jen......this is my first time on your blog and I really like it...good job....didn't know about your Mom but sure hope she will be OK....

EFT Therapy said...

That room looks gorgeous! Love that lamps too!

Anxiety Cause said...

What a very airy and good looking bedroom!

Amy said...

just voted, looks amazing! I want to try the shadow boxes in my room, now!

Margaret said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

I just updated my bedroom this weekend by making a headboard that cost me only $10! Gotta love using what you have and some elbow grease. If anyone's interested, I have the tutorial up on my site:

www.sugarandspackle.com

Margaret