Saturday, February 26, 2011

You're Invited to a Local Bloggers Brunch! POWW Faves! and a Table!

I have a lot to say and rather than split it up, just read the parts you are interested in please! :)

1. LOCAL BLOGGERS BRUNCH
You are cordially invited to a local bloggers brunch to be held on
March 26th, 2011
at 11 a.m.
in Arlington, VA

Come mix, mingle, and network.  Put faces to names, and make new friends, too!
You will be asked to bring a dish or beverage to share.
Email me at cassie8978@gmail.com to RSVP and obtain the address.  Also, let me know what you would like to bring.  If too many people are bringing similar dishes, you may be assigned a different type of dish or drink.  Also email what you're wearing so we don't show up wearing the same thing. ;)  kidding!

2. POWW FAVES
Love this rehabbed combo of two pieces into one beautiful union at 4 the love of wood.  Isn't it amazing?
Forever Decorating always comes up with something unique, but this is my favorite piece by Terry to date.  I love the beauty of the wood grain on the drawers.
And you guys know I am a sucker fro a bird!  Love this armoire makeover from Sarah, aka The Thriftress.  She used a Homegoods vinyl for that lovely design!
3. A FUN TABLE MAKEOVER
One of my favorite clients who lives right here in town brought me a table to paint for her.  It is not just any table either.  Her husband built it back when they were first married, and he did a beautiful job.  It is solid, well made, and has wonderful lines.
That picture was taken just after it was sanded.  Bridget at first said she wanted a bright blue and we were going to add red or coral knobs as we were coordinating with fabric she had.  Then she emailed me and said she was thinking about the darker coral and wanted to know what my thoughts were... I said, "YES!"
I took her fabric with me to Benjamin Moore and when I got there I realized what we thought was a darker coral in her fabric was more of a cranberry red, so I went with my gut and chose another color that I thought coordinated and fit the dark coral mold.  It is called Ryan Red by Benjamin Moore, and we went with a glossy undistressed finish.  I should also mention that the table was primed first with a tinted primer which is always necessary when working with a red.  As you can see in the above pics, the table had no knobs and needed some.  I just happened to have two in my stash that I thought were perfect, so I added those and then emailed this picture to Bridget as a little teaser!
She was at work when she saw the picture and told me it brought a smile to her face.  So now are you ready to see the whole thing?  Good.


This was one very fun project to work on!!!
Sharing the table here:
SAS InteriorsJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!UndertheTableandDreamingmmm buttonThe DIY Show OffPhotobucketMakingThe Girl CreativeMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

44 comments:

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

I've been wanting to try a piece with beautiful stained drawers and a painted body. That's so gorgeous! And I love your coral table!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

The table is GORGEOUS! Great job! I wish I was in VA so I could attend the brunch. Sounds like fun!

mapleandmagnolia.com said...

That table is dreamy! I love the color and the knobs! They coordinate with the fabric beautifully! :)

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

Thanks for the feature Cassie! Have you seen this clip from the show Portlandia? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XM3vWJmpfo Put a bird on it!

Sarah

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Great fun color on the table and those knobs are perfect.

Ali Richardson said...

Oooooooooh, it's so pretty! Those knobs are so cool too. Great job!

Amy said...

Love it, as always. I love those glossy, bright colors. I can't wait for my piece :)

Allison said...

Fun color! I love it with the whimsical knob. Did you brush or spray it? The finish is beautiful. I really like this table. Her fabrics are perfect with it. Is she making pillows or curtains out of those? What a pretty room it'll be. Gret job, Cassie!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I wish I lived closer so I could come mingle :) And I love the red table you did. The dragonfly knobs add such a sweet touch of whimsy! Love it!

Sensible Redesign said...

Those knobs are perfect and the color is really inviting. Wish I was closer so I could attend the lunch, sounds like lots of fun.

tale of many cities said...

love that coral red table!!!

ChRiS said...

omg love this red table and that knob is to die for...beautiful job Cassie

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a great table in a gorgeous color! Love those happy fabrics too!

A Vintage Vine said...

Love that color! The table is really simple but the color really WOW's you....Those knobs are perfect. You know she is glad she had you do this for her!!!! Have fun at the blogger mixer, what a great idea!

Meg said...

What a fun red! I love the bright, cheery color. It reminds me of cherry popsicles for some reason. I WISH I lived in VA so I could go to a bloggy brunch! What a fun idea! Did you come up with it??

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

OMG what a fantastic makeover!! Love that red and those are the coolest knobs! And I would love to see your stash someday ;-)

judi said...

you have the greatest stash of hardware girl! that one looks anthropologie-ish. beautiful...would love to see it in her room with the coordinating fabric (hint hint).
judi

Chrissie said...

Great picks! I love that red table and the knobs are too cute!

Mel said...

Great bones to work with. What a great colour and the knobs are so sweet. Every time I think, oh this is my favourite, you come up with another amazing make over.

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Great features! I'll have to go take a peek.

The coral table is a show stopper for sure, and I love love love the hardware. Lucky client! I'd love to see it in her home.

Enjoy your Sunday! xx

Megan said...

I love those pulls. they are too cute!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

stephaniegiese said...

oh drat! I would totally come, but we are going to Disney World that weekend. Have a great time!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

First of all I wish I could afford a plane ticket to come Virginia for that brunch! :(

Second, I am in LOVE with that table. The bright color is the best. I love that you step out of the box and are risky with your color choices. Those knobs are to die for! And lastly, your client has great taste in fabric!

Take care,
Lisa

Pam said...

Gorgeous color. Great choice. The knobs are adorable.

Melissa at HOUSEography said...

Looking forward to brunch! Should be so much fun! Love that color - adorable!

Deanna said...

Beautiful color and love the drawer knobs! Its great working with colors they can bring so much to a space!

Stacy of KSW said...

Love it!! Any chance you happen to know what fabrics she is working with? They look beautiful and I'm on the hunt for something fun for my kitchen

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

What a fun color, and the knobs are so cute!

Holly said...

Darn I want to come mingle! Oh well. Instead I will drool over this fabulous table. That color is great and oh my those knobs are awesome!

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Very pretty!

Kristi said...

LOVE that table (the red one). Those knobs are awesome too! Ya know, I've had a few custom orders lately that needed red paint and you aren't kidding! Why does it take so many coats??? I guess I need to invest in some tintable primer because painting so many coats is for the birds.

Carli said...

This is beautiful!!!!! I love the color, it's so bright and fresh looking!

Danielle.freshquince said...

Really looking forward to the blogger brunch! Also the furniture makeovers were lovely, especially the coral console with Anthropologie knobs...perfection!

Cathy @ The Far Fifty said...

Boo, I wish I could attend the brunch, that would be so much fun!
Great colour choice on the table, it's such a fun piece!

Sunny said...

I love your craft! Your pieces are so pretty!

Becolorful said...

love this orange piece. I do a lot of work with painted furniture and my readers seem to like those types of posts. I would be flattered if you would share this on my Motivated Monday feature at BeColorful.
Pam

http://becolorful.typepad.com

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I wish so much I could join in the brunch fun!

I love your Fave picks. The knobs on the red table are adorable. I love the green in it against the red.

abeachcottage said...

Love the color of the table and the knobs are really nice. You did a great job!

knack said...

I so want to come up for the bloggers lunch....hmmmmm....I will have to think on that one:)

Love the red piece.....and those knobs are a favorite of mine too!

xo

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I'm in love with the coral color!!! SOO SOOO Pretty!!! The knobs are really cool too, such a fabulous transformation!
No Fair, I want to come to the brunch :(
XOX
Kristin

Jasmine said...

LOVE that coral color! Those knobs are crazy cute! :)
Brunch sounds fun (and I'm available yay!) but what to bring?! I'll email you.

~Jazz

Green Door Girl said...

I love the coral color - gorgeous and I also love the knobs she selected - gorgeous! :) Thanks for linking to Saturday Spotlight!

Jennifer said...

Such a pretty color-- I die for coral, it's one of my all time favorites! The knobs are so cool. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-favorite-things.html

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

I LOVE this! Its FAB!!! Come on 'ova and share this at my Linky Par-Tay!

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara