Saturday, March 26, 2011

Local Bloggers Brunch, and POWW faves

I was so grateful when i woke this morning feeling a lot better than I did yesterday.  Last night I made myself Disney princess chicken noodle soup, and a glass of wine for dinner.  I will have to remember that trick for next time!  I left my house at 9 am, en route to Arlington, VA, and planned to get there at 10 am to help Melissa of Houseography with set up.  But oops, I didn't think about two things.... the cherry blossom festival starting today, and the national marathon happening today.  It took me about 45 minutes just to get through DC, and I arrived only 15 minutes before the brunch started!  Live and learn- next time, check DC events calendar, and take the beltway around the city!  Melissa had most things already set up.  She had all the glasses already tagged for everyone...


I brough t mini cupcakes... less guilt when they are bite sized!



And Melissa and I coordinated to give favors to everyone.  I painted mustache mugs, and she added biscotti as well as an organized list of all who attended.  I painted different styles of mustaches, so they weren't the same.  I call the curly ones Maurice, the furry ones, gus, and the groomed but not overly so the Tom (affter Selleck of course!).

It was so wonderful to connect with so many local bloggers, and put faces to names!  Here is a group shot so you can see who was there (and this was taken after Danielle of Fresh Quince had already left to spend some time with family that was visiting this weekend).
Back Row, standing: Katelyn, Kyra, Shannon, Kathy, Angie, Andi, and Felicity
Front Row: me, my pal from grade school and now fellow blogger, Amy, seated right behind Amy is Renee, Laurie, and Melissa.

We had sooo much fun; time flew as we chatted over coffee, quiche, salad, mimosas!  And of course, Melissa gave us a tour of her beautiful and newly renovated home!  I only have a few photos to share, but you can catch her entire home tour on Young House Love. Yes, you read that right!!! Her home was recently crashed by the adorable John and Sherry (plus Clara!).  The entire place has a very warm glow and vibe.  Here are the few pictures I have to share...
the lovely guest room

We all oohed and ahed over this amazing workshop!

Her gorgeous bedroom!

I love that this lamp still has its HomeGoods tag on, just in case it doesn't make the final cut.

A cozy nook of her son's room

Her daughter's room.  By the way, her adorable daughter asked me shortly after I had arrived if I had noticed the new chairs and stools.  She is 4, and totally charming and clearly knows design is important!

I love this black and white bathroom!
Like I said, I didn't take too many pictures, but you need to see her gorgeous kitchen and new table and chairs... It is all beautiful and so well put together.  Melissa, thank you so much for opening your home to all of us!

If you missed the brunch, but are local, we do plan on trying to get together a couple more times a year.  We all had so much fun, that it is definitely in the works!

Now onto this week's POWW faves!
If you saw this bench by Lenore of Lather Creations then you had to know it would be a favorite. Is that owl not the cutest?

And I am so in love with this piece that Lauren from Inspire Me scored for free! She gave it an amazing makeover that you have to check out!

And this little piece from These Creative Notions is so fresh and funky, and I love the colors!  This piece could make me smile every day with that happy pop of yellow on the inside!
IMG_4855

Alright folks, enjoy your Saturday evenings!  My husband will be watching basketball, the kids have just gone to bed, so I think I may watch a movie tonight.  And tomorrow I will be back with the much anticipated tour of Bridget's home!  I can't wait to share it with you all.

26 comments:

Jeannine said...

Love the blue buffet. Free? Really! Great color too. Thanks for sharing the lovely rooms in Melissa's home.

Ali Richardson said...

Looks like you gals had a blast! Hope you saved a cupcake for me ;)
I am seriously lovin' those mustache mugs! So fun!
xo

Chrissie said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time! Love those picks!

A Vintage Vine said...

Looks fun! Your new haircut is still looking fab....Gurly Pooh! I am really impressed with those mugs!

Katelyn said...

Thanks again for hosting! I didn't even notice that all the moustaches were different. I think mine is a tom sellack. haha.

the pictures came out great. it's amazing how much better people look when you use a nice camera and not a five year old point-and-shoot. and by people, I mean me.

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

I had so much fun! Those mimosas could get me in trouble...so good :-) Can't wait until the next one-brunch not mimosa :-D

hypheninteriors said...

So cool that you guys all got together. Cute cupcakes! Yum.

Serendipity Chic Design said...

I am soooo jealous! All of you obviously had a blast...I only know of like two bloggers here in CT. Thanks for sharing the photos.....

take care,
Lisa

Rustic and White said...

I am fairly new to blogging and didn't realize that people even wanted to get together. It sounds like you all had a hoot! Hope your quiet Saturday with a movie was good for you.
Carrie

Allison said...

What a fun day! Great photo of all of you and Cassie, I love your hair. Tres chic! Darling cupcakes. I adore Michelle's bathroom! I've always liked those black and white tile. She's done a really cute cute job with keeping all black and white in there. Have a relaxing evening.

Our Little Beehive said...

Thanks for hosting! I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
xo

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Looks like you girls had a blast! How cute are those mustache cups?!! So nice that you can take time out to meet with fellow bloggers. Melissa's home is ooohhh and aaaaahhh worthy! Love her bedroom! Your hair is darling, Cassie! Just love it!
Great features to look over! I promise, I'm going to paint something soon, haha :)
Enjoy your night! Hugs!!!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time at the brunch. I wish I lived closer! And it was so sweet of you guys to make little "party" favors. I love the mustache cups!

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm going to go see if you linked specificially to that house tour. I'd love to see more!

Rene said...

What fun! I'm glad you are feeling better and maybe I need to remember the soup trick as well. You added so many cute little details to your gathering. Loved those mugs & cupcakes. Cassie, your hair is adorable.

modern jane said...

Looks like you had such a great time! Her home is beautiful!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

What a neat group of women! Cassie, you are so pretty!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Would it be weird if I photoshopped my face onto that group shot???

:)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Looks like you girls had a wonderful time!

Melissa at HOUSEography said...

Thanks Cassie. It was soooo much fun! Thanks for organizing us so well and your mugs are a big hit in my house. How did I end up with all of the extras?!

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I love her house, and OMG I need that owl bench

Laurie said...

I had such a great time- but I have to say that picture of me in the workshop- I look a bit preggo- really my tummy is mot that pouchy

Thanks for putting this together!

Jenni said...

Looks like you gals had so much fun. Makes me wish I lived near by.
Thanks for highlighting my table. I gasped when I was scrolling through your post and it popped up. So honored!

Jasmine said...

Looks like you ladies had a blast! Sorry I missed it... (maybe I shoulda waited one more week to quit blogging?!) LOL

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

Thank you so much for pulling this together. It was so nice to meet everyone - I had such a good time! And thank you so much for the awesome flower pot - it is front and center on our kitchen island until the weather warms up. Love it! Hope to meet up again sometime!

Lauren said...

Thanks SO Much Cassie :) Love your blog and the POW parties, so much great stuff linked up! - Lauren