Hello all! Welcome again to Piece of Work Wednesday, where we get together and share our latest and greatest furniture makeovers. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS PARTY IS OPEN ONLY TO FURNITURE MAKEOVERS ONLY!!!
This week I have a custom order to share with you.
china cabinet I had done last fall, so we decided to go for similar paint colors.
I sanded it all down very lightly as I was worried about the presence of lead paint as the paint was clearly very old. I reglued the trim piece at the bottom, and also used trim screws (which recess into the wood) to screw it on so it won't come off in the future. I love using trim screws for things like that because their holes can be filled and you'd never know the piece was screwed on! I had to paint over the hardware which would not come off without the screws stripping. I also had to paint over the contact paper, as it had already been painted over and wouldn't come off. All things being considered, I was very happy with how it turned out, and more importantly, Kate was thrilled! And in the end, that was what mattered most!
1. You must be a follower of this blog.
2. Make sure you post a permalink and not just a link to your main blog page.
3. Your link MUST BE A FURNITURE MAKEOVER.
4. Do not link projects that have already been linked to a previous party here. I don't care if it is an older project, but it must be new to POWW.
5. Please add my button to your post or sidebar.
6. Not required, but please be kind and go visit some of the other links.