Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gifts for the Guys

If your husband is like mine, then he is not easy to shop or make gifts for.  I already showed you the painted coasters I made for him.  Then I saw a wonderful etsy t-shirt shop on my friend Rene's blog which led me to order this for him....
Trust Me I'm a Jedi Star Wars Mens Grey Tshirt Small Medium Large XL 2XL

I know he will use the coasters, and I know he will wear that shirt.  Beyond that, and some small stocking stuffers, I have been stumped.  I don't like wasting money on things I know he won't really use because it seems pointless.  But you know what he likes to drink?  Beer.   And I have seen this idea floating around blogland for reindeer root beer.  I just changed it to reindeer beer.  I didn't follow any directions or anything.... It was super easy.

I just bought a six pack of a beer brand he likes in a seasonal flavor.  (And I like this beer too because I save the pretty caps for projects.)  Then I used gold glittery pipe cleaners (glitter is a must at the holidays!) and wrapped around and twisted in the back so I had two ends sticking up.  I cut another pipe cleaner into 4 pieces and used two pieces on each set of antlers, just twisting them on.  Then I hot glued googly eyes and pom pom noses.  Where I come from, there is only one Rudolph, so there is only one red-nosed reindeer in my pack, and the others have glittery brownish noses, so they still look pretty and magical. :) And now they sit under the tree, waiting for Christmas.  And this is a gift I know Chris will enjoy for at least two evenings. :)


25 comments:

Renee from Where the Grass is Greener said...

Okay, that beer idea is a classic! I must steal it. Thanks so much...and I thought I was finished shopping...

René said...

Ha! Love the beer idea! Pinning this so I don't forget!

Lindsay said...

Hahaha I love this! The shirt and reindeer beer are hilarious.

Megan said...

My husband is so hard to buy for plus his bday is like 3 days after christmas, ugh! I love this idea, who wouldn't want CUTE beer??

Kara @ June & Bear said...

Not only would we have so much fun hanging out, our husbands would too. I hate shopping for mine. He loves to read and loves gadgets but I would never dare pick out one of those things for him. I found a Star Wars shirt and light saber chopsticks for him and I'm taking a chance with a watch. Reindeer beer is now being added.

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

I am so gonna have to do that! I love your gifts! I'm poppin' over to check out that T-shirt as we are all Star Wars nerds...

Rasonda Lynn said...

HA!!! Your husband and mine would be great friends! I just bought him a t-shirt from Target that said the same thing... wish I would have made mine :( And my hubby loooves some Fat Tire beer. Have a Merry Christmas, I am sure her will love everything!!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

If your husband ever carries sheets of plywood, get him some Gorilla Grippers. I just bought two for my husband. You can carry a sheet (or two) with one hand! He actually found it for me and said "I want this"....you can't beat that!

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Perfect present! Thanks for the idea. This is great for a few of the guys in my life and much appreciated I'm sure.

Katie said...

Haha! That is hilarious! For the past few years beer has been a go to for our male relatives! I always look like a lush driving around with multiple cases of beer! Very cute!

Just this... Alice said...

I saw your mad lib song sung by Gwen on The Bold Abode and it was hilarious. Great job. Now I must check out your reindeer root beer as the photo has me intrigued.

DecorandtheDog said...

Too funny! I made Nate buy Snow Day at Thanksgiving because I liked the name and the bottle. It was DISGUSTING but then again, I don't like beer. :P

Kate said...

lol, those bottles are too cute!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Cassie that is SUCH a great idea! I have three brothers and we don't normally give each other gifts but this is so cute I think I might have to do it for each of them! So amusing for Christmas day. Thanks for sharing!

A Vintage Vine said...

DARLING! My 15 yr old loves rt beer and this is a perfect idea for him!! FYI, that shirt is wonderful, you know I have JEDI fans here, I wonder if I can get a discount on a bulk order!! HAHA! Great ideas, Cassie your posts always make me smile!

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

ROFL! Love those ideas! My husband is SO hard to buy for!! I may have to try that beer idea...even though he makes his own, I may just have to go get some store bought for him!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Very cute!! I might have to borrow this idea...guys are so hard to buy for!

Sherry said...

Great Ideas!!! I have the beer one pinned already! That Jedi shirt is classic. Thanks!

OKIFOLKI said...

Oooh your beers look brilliant! Great job! And I LOVE the t-shirt. :)

I agree - most men are much more difficult to find presents for than women. Why is that??

Laurie LW said...

Genius- sounds like your husband and mine are in the same vein. I shopped at Think Geek for my hubby, but I may be stealing the beer idea for Santa.

I picked up a Han Solo frozen in Carbonite chocolate bar. Have you been to Think Geek before? I even picked up some cat nip bubbles for the kitties

Amy of The Salvage Collection said...

so cute!!

...can't wait to see what you do with the bottle caps!!

Allison said...

This is so clever and fun, Cassie! Your hubby will love this gift!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Who knew that beer could be so cute!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

The beer bottles look perfect - another great idea! Have to take a look at that etsy shop and tshirt. Thank you!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

So stinking cute - you have to snap a photo of him drinking them, googly eyes and all!!! (although, I'm sure the pipe cleaners will have to come off when he drinks them, but the eyes and nose definitely should stay on!!)