Thursday, December 8, 2011

Glitter, Burlap, & Glue, Oh My AND EVEN MORE handmade gifts!

Today I am over at The DIY Club sharing a few different projects!

First of all, I am sharing how I saved this guy with Gorilla Glue...

Then I am showing how I created this Christmas card display with glittered clothespins...

And finally how I created this burlap rag wreath...

I told you that once I felt that weight lifted I just all the sudden felt a surge!  I hope you go check out all the posts!  You can click on each link or the button on the sidebar to see all of my projects!

And I have some more hand made gifts to share, yet again!  I am having so much fun with this, people!   But first:

MOM, STOP READING HERE.  Thank You!
All others may proceed.

OK, now that that is out of the way....




keep scrolling...



a little more...




Ok, I think we lost her.

Yesterday I saw this awesome idea over at Miss Madison's Charmed Life.  For some reason I can't copy her photos, but it was a really neat Christmas tree made out of ornaments.  I thought, "Hey, I have some old frames!  I have some teeny vintage ornaments!  I could make that!!!!!"  So I got out the frames I had, the hot glue, some small vintage red ornaments, and some white buttons.  I got out some cork and some canvas drop cloth.

I had two frames, and I cut two pieces of cork to fit them.  I used the cork because it is thick and somewhat pliable which makes it easy to squeeze into frames.  Once of the pieces of cork i wrapped in drop cloth fabric which I glued to the cork to keep in place.

I placed each piece inside the frames I had, and glued them in place. I designed a tree on each one... on the cork one I made a tree out of the tiny red vintage glass ornaments.  I had to scrape off the red paint on the side that was being glued because I glued one down and ornament came right off with the paint and glue left behind.  On the canvas one I glued white and creamy buttons of various sized in the shape of a tree.  The red ornament tree is for my brother and his girlfriend as they like pops of red.  The all white is for my mom, as I know she loves button crafts.




These would also be great easy little gifts to do for neighbors, friends, teachers.  All you need is some glue and imagination!

And finally as if I haven't given you enough to think about or look at, a quick reminder that today is the earth tones holiday link party at Making the World Cuter.
And now I think I need a nap.

Sharing here:

UndertheTableandDreamingfreckled laundry”hbcbutton”

16 comments:

Lisa @ Before Meets After said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything Cassie! I am going ot make the wreath for my mom. I just so happen to have all those supplies already! Thanks for sharing :)

Katie said...

Love the wreath and framed ornaments!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

That wreath is so pretty! It seems easy enough that maybe even I could make one ;) Love those framed trees too - so simple and cute!

Amy of The Salvage Collection said...

love the buttons! my mom has a jar of antique buttons from her grandmother...perhaps a christmas tree made out of sewn buttons???

gotta get to work!

Red Gate Farm said...

OK... I just added a couple of more projects to my "to do" list :)

~Chris

driftwoodesign said...

Love that Distressed frame with the button tree. Do I dare add it to my list? Well I will at least save it to the idea files for sure.
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

c.w.frosting said...

I love the button tree Cassie! And the ornament one... will pin for next year =)

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Ali Richardson said...

AWESOMENESS!!!!!! YOu have been busy my friend! I'll head over to DIY club later this afternoon :)
xo

Renee from Where the Grass is Greener said...

Great idea! I have the frames and the buttons and the burlap...now all I need is the time!

Kate said...

Awesome projects! You've been busy! I really like that wreath and the framed ornaments are really cute.

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Do you ever sleep?


Great projects~

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

LOVE everything!!!!!!!! I am going to make a frame like that....for sure! And I need a rag wreath!! I just love you and your style!!!! A LOT!

Megan said...

Man, I thought you were kidding about making one :) I LOVE yours, now I want to go buy some bells and do another one! The rag wreath is darling!

Prior said...

great stuff, Cassie, love the little trees in frames.'LEzlee

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!

Design_Fluff said...

This is sweet:) I saw this on Centsational Girl's linky party. Had to come over and comment:)