Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Gallery Wall and POWW Faves!

So Thursday I planned to hang the poster I gave Chris behind one of the couches in the living room.  Hanging there when we moved in was a builder grade mirror.  Lovely.  You can't see it in this picture, but it was over on the right wall.  This picture was taken a couple days after we moved in....

Well, if you give a pig a pancake she will probably want some syrup.  And if I hang one picture, I will probably want to create a gallery wall.  And help blend in those vents.  So up went the poster, and then I sorted through frames and photos we had on hand, mixed in with some graphic artwork, a few vintage owls, a letter "B", and we had ourselves a gallery wall in no time!  Pardon the pictures; because of the big window on the other side I had to maneuver all over to avoid a glare!






 While I was in there, I also played with the mantle.  I have put away "Christmas" decor, but left out "Winter" decor because Emmy's birthday party will be in 3 weeks and the theme is "Winter Woodland". So here is the mantle now, a mix of mercury glass, silver, and white.  And yes, I still have two gifts to give!




I just love little woodland animals.  I found that deer at Goodwill and painted him white and am pretty much in love with him.  It's the simple things, isn't it?

Ok, now on to POWW Faves!  I am going to share 10 projects with you because let me tell you- choosing my favorites from your own personal bests this year is a real challenge.  Everyone linked up amazing and unique projects.  So if yours wasn't featured- do not feel bad!  I was at a loss with how to choose.  I actually told Katie that I was going to use Sawyer's new suction dart Nerf gun to shoot at the computer screen and where it landed would be a fave!

This campaign dresser from Katie at Wildwood Creek haunts me.  I want it.  I may have to go toher home, break in, steal it, and run!  She will never know I was there, and I will just have to avoid sharing it on my blog. :)  Muah ha ha!


This Map Settee from FrouFrugal is so chic!  I feel like I would be automatically smarter just by sitting on it.  And wearing my glasses.
0317010831-1

European paint finishes always does a beautiful job with weathered pieces, as on this dresser.


This Dresser from a little bit o'Shizzle is one of several amazing makeovers... Shelly has serious talent and style!


Karin at Art is Beauty is insanely talented as well, and often does beautiful hand-painted pieces like this nightstand.


This table from Decor & The Dog still makes me weak in the knees... When I take my trip to steal Katie's dresser, my next stop will be Iowa for this table Michelle's husband made!  I'm a-comin'!
170pn

I love this table on the map chest from Vintage Shabby Chicks!


This Highboy from Ali at My Third True Love is awesome... The color and those legs!


I love the whimsy of this fun door table from Embracing Change.  I would like to embrace the table.

And finally, a new blog to me this year was Turnstyle Vogue, and I a, constantly impressed with Shari's creativity.  Love the spin she put on these tree stump tables.


And now, my friends, picking my faves was harder to do than running a marathon.  I better go carb up.

Thank you all again for your friendship, support, and camaraderie over this past year of blogging!  I am looking forward to keeping in touch with you all and making new friends in 2012!  It's going to be a great year.... I can feel it!  Happy New Year's!!!
Visit thecsiproject.com

43 comments:

Beverly Pennington said...

I love the gallery wall (especially the Love poster)...I laughed out loud at the "give a pig a pancake" and woke up a kid!

Megan said...

I love how the frames are white, the pictures really pop!! The owl is so cute and that deer, forget about it :)

Anne said...

So cute cassie. The wall looks fantastic :) happy new year!!

Jamie said...

Love it! And I hate those vents!!! I have a gallery wall in my living room that attempts to hide those ugly things. And that little deer is just the cutest :)

Kara @ June & Bear said...

love that gallery wall. that's on my to-do list this year. and i will help you steal the campaign dresser if i can have it part of the year :). great round-up.

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the gallery wall and the white and silver mantle! I was thrilled to see my campaign dresser featured! You made my day. Beautiful year end features.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Cassie, loooove your gallery wall! The grouping came out great and That photo of you pregnant is really lovely.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I'm a fan of gallery walls and you did a great job ~ very cute! And your winter mantel will made you feel all warm and cozy when it's finally snowing outside! Fabulous features! Happy New Year! Wishing you all good things in 2012!

Lisa @ Before Meets After said...

CAssie, that gallery wall is stunning! I'm sure your husband loved the posted and now that it's incorporated into the gallery wall it's even better! I feel like I have the snowball effect in my house. i do one thing and it leads to the whole room being changed! haha...my husband just shakes his head and mutters "women"!

vintageshabbychicks said...

Happy New Year Cassie!! I just love your gallery wall.. to me, you can never have enough pictures!! Thank you so much for featuring Sharons map chest...my goal when we started our blog was to be featured on Primitive and Proper...yippee:-)) Thanks again, Julie

Lesley said...

The features are lovely. I especially remember the dining table made from that door. Just awesome. Happy New Year Cassie!

DecorandtheDog said...

1. I am loving your winter look! And the gallery wall. I love your choice of photos!!

2. I'm completely honored to be in your top 10!! Honored enough that I might not be totally freaked out if you showed up in the middle of the night trying to take my table. ;)

Lisa @ Trapped In North Jersey said...

The gallery wall looks lovely; I especially like the curly love print. I have to agree with the top ten, especially that gorgeous blue campaign chest.

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Holy crap! Where do i start without writing a freaking book? Gallery wall: SHAZAM Fireplace: SHAZAM Map settee: SHAZAM Rustic table: SHAZAM {LOVE those industrial chairs...} Handpainted nightstand, door table, other nightstand, highboy, map sidetable, tree stump? SHAZAM, SHAZAM, SHAZAM.

And you, dear Cassie? Your the SHAZAMALAMEST. Happy New Year, friend.

Amy ~ "A Perfect Tin" said...

I love how the wall turned out! It really helps to hide the vents. Happy New Year my friend! 2012 is going to be great!!!!

René said...

Great gallery wall! The pregnancy image is so sweet!

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

Cassie,

Really like the picture gallery. I am thinking of doing something similar in my hallway.

Also, thank you so much for visiting our blog and leaving an encouraging comment. It was much appreciated especially since we are such new bloggers. Btw, we are following your blog now. So nice to meet new people with similar interests.

Sincerely,
Eldarose

gail said...

love the gallery wall! :) my fav is the pic of you pregnant! so sweet.
great mantel, it will be a sweet backdrop for emmy's bd party!
happy new year cassie and family!
gail

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Haha Cassie I laughed SO hard at if you give a pig a pancake! Oh my gosh I'm still wheezing from losing my breath. :)

European Paint Finishes said...

thanks for the feature Cassie! Very honored to be in your tops as there were so so many great pieces everyone has done throughout the year :) ♥ your pregnancy picture. so beautiful. Thinking back I wish I had done one with Ozzy :(
Happy New Year!!!

Ali Richardson said...

The gallery wall is stunning! Seriously!! I can't wait to get a closer look IN PERSON - woot! I am also thrilled to be one of your top 10 faves - WOW!!! I am in GREAT company!! Love you friend! 2012 is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

Meg and Mum's said...

Awesome features! Some of these bloggers seriously leave me gobsmacked with the amount of creativity and talent they possess. Happy New Year! x

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your gallery and room are lovely! Happy New Year!

Jacqueline said...

your gallery wall looks great! I like how it hides the vent covers.

Twice Nice said...

The gallery wall looks fabulous! Happy New Year Cassie! Deb

Anneke {RustiChic} said...

What GREAT picks!!! And I love your gallery wall...it's amazing how much it helps those vents disappear!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

See what I mean...!!? I labored over my gallery wall for days (spent a ton of time choosing pictures, laid the frames on the floor in TONS of different configurations, had my brother in law do the official hanging so I wouldn't screw it up) & you hang 1 picture & then decide to create a gallery, & it looks AMAZING! See...that is what I am always talking about!! I am in awe of you!!!!! I love that little deer (it would look great in Ollie's room, don't you think??!) & your faves are all super ridiculously awesome!!! Happy New Year, friend!!!! Xoxo

Katie said...

Your gallery wall turned out great!! It really does hide the vents well! I cannot wait to see Emmy's winter wonderland party! It's going to be so cute!! Oh - and Happy New Year!!

Allison said...

Your wall looks fabulous, Cassie! I love the poster you gave Chris and also love the one of you pregnant! It all looks so great. A fun pop of orange on your couch, too! Perfect! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year! Enjoy your evening. We will meet in person in 2012 and so looking forward to it!

Kelly said...

I love that gallery wall! It does a perfect job of hiding those vents. I think if I walked into your living room, I'd head right over there and look at your pretty things. :) Loved seeing all these amazing features too! I'd take Michelle's table in heartbeat!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Thanks so much for the support and friendship Cassie. It means a lot and I'm honored to be in your top picks. Have a wonderful new year. Talk to you in 2012!

Shari

Morgan said...

Love that round-up! And great gallery wall :).

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

Barb said...

Hi Cassie - found you via Five Days . . . 5 Ways. I have to say I love your blog - love the wall of frames - I would love to do something like that! I'm a new follower . . . :) if you could, would you follow me back? I'm trying to hit 300 followers before 2012 . . . thank you so much!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I'm a sucker for gallery walls and yours looks great. I love the little owls...so cute. I still have my silver spray painted twigs in a vase on the left side of my mantle too. Two great minds...Happy New Year!

My Beautiful World said...

Love all the photos. Sending you the Happiest New Year Wishes Ever my friend. I look forward to many more wonderful visits with you in 2012 xo
Always Wendy

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love your gallery wall! I've never been able to pull that off, so I admire yours all the more. I like your winter wonderland decor as well. :)
I've never heard the pig and pancake analogy before, either. But I'm sure going to use it! Happy New Year, Cassie!

christine, just bella said...

Your gallery wall looks awesome, such a great mix! Happy new year to you :)

Tammy @ Type A said...

what color is your fireplace? i love the way your home is coming along, can't wait to see more. have the best 2012!!

circadee.com said...

This post is jammed packed with goodies. I love your gallery wall. The white frames. The artsy family photos. Just perfect. And the featured furniture! Great selections. I need to go visit some of those blogs!

A Vintage Vine said...

Your gallery wall is wonderful, love the poster you gave Chris, great idea! The preggers picture is darling...Your roundups are wonderful, I enjoyed seeing some of them again! I agree that campaign dresser may be worth sneaking in and lifting!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Your gallery wall is perfect and I love your winter mantle, what a great theme for a party. Your gray fireplace stops me in my tracks everytime i see it, so unexpected but natural in the room at the same time. Happy 2012 Cassie.

Erin said...

Can you come to my house and help me do a gallery wall, Cassie?! Yours is beautiful! Love the frames and how the owl is perched atop one of them. :)

Jordan agf 3 shoes said...

Authentic nike air Jordan retro shoes with cheap price, 49% discounts off, 2010 new styles Jordans sneakers for sale online, Buy rare Michael Jordan shoes