And now let's talk about the rest of the deck.... I don't have any true before shots because it was just so embarrassingly bad I never took any! The below image is the closest thing I have to what the deck looked like. Gross. At least the frog ball looks happy.
Sunday, I used my orbital sander to lightly sand areas. I also spray primed some areas on the deck and railings that I couldn't get all the green off of with an exterior spray primer.
I waited a couple hours and then started staining the deck with Sherwin Williams Deckscapes stain in Flagstone, a nice dar gray color. I gave it one coat Sunday, and one coat Monday.
Tuesday, I started painting all the kajillion spindly railings and the railings on the landing with an exterior flat white paint, also by Sherwin Williams.
Wednesday I finished painting all those kajillions of railings.
And Wedenesday night, I was able to put it all together and it now looks like a lovely outdoor entertaining area. The deck is HUGE so it would even be great for a dance party. Woot Woot. So if it doesn't help sell the house, then I will be throwing a big dance party, and you are all invited.
Alright, check it out now!
|the landing area just off the sunporch|
|view of the deck from the landing|
|kids seating area with updated benches|
|Adult seating area with a bucket of chalk, because when I throw a dance party, you just might need sidewalk chalk.|
|other side of the deck|