As many of you know, we just moved into our current home in October of 2011. With that in mind, I could probably pen a novella all about my house goals! But I am going to try to keep it real. And something you should know about me if you don't already, is that my attention jumps. Oh yes, my friends, my brain works in patterns unknown to scientists. I will be thinking of one project, planning it out, maybe even in the middle of it, when BOOM, an idea hits me for a completely different project and I am off and running! That is how I came to paint the stripes in our dining room, after all. A flight of fancy hit me and I followed it! So while I am physically capable of jotting down goals, I am not always mentally capable of following through. What happens this year might be nothing on this list, though I will still accomplish a lot. You will not be disappointed. Capiche?
So here goes...
2012 will ROCK!
1. Pretty up the downstairs bath. Here is what it looks like now.
I am thinking something like this for the vanity. The walls will either be painted a warm white or a grayish aqua. The mirror will be framed out, and of course what can I say about all that wood trim? Puke.
2. Paint Emmy's room, trim, closet doors. I shared with you a glimpse of her room here and here. I also shared the wall color, but there are some other ideas I have for her room. In case you did not click back, here are the glimpses....
I will be painting the walls a soft aqua-hued blue, and here are some of the ideas I have.
Paint her closet doors, like these, but instead of a floral-print lion, using a couple woodland decals like this.
She also has a little nook in her room that I would love to give some sort of treatment like this or this
or this or this. (Sorry for the funky alignment- having some blogger issues, meaning I am probably doing something wrong!)
Her room is going to be so fun for me to put together!
3. Pretty up the Playroom/Family room in the basement. I organized it all the other day so now it looks like this... (And there is a couch/tv area not shown here).
So it's organized, yes, but it needs some fun wall art. It doesn't get any natural light, so I am going to keep it white, paint the trim, and paint the doors some fun colors.
I would love to add stick letters like these and a bigger rug and a colorful bunting. The glitch with the rug though is it has to be inexpensive and durable!
I also LOVE how fun this room is!
4. Paint Sawyer's room and trim. I had planned on doing his room first, but he has had so many disruptions and loves playing in his room that I thought it best to let him have it as is for now, and paint later! Right now, it looks like this, except it now has the same bedding on the other bed.
If I let him choose the color, his room would be as red as his rug. But that is NOT going to happen. It will be some shade of gray or blue, I am sure. I love these rooms from my pinboard of his room.
But I just don't know what I will do yet in there.... It will be one of those things where when it hits me, I will be off and running again!
5. Paint our exterior doors. Here are a couple pictures of the exterior at Christmas time.
I love the porch, love the Cape Cod Style. I don't love the brown, brown, and more brown going on. BUT we won't be repainting the entire exterior and trim until it is time to replace the roof. Because the roof is of course, a shade of brown and it's difficult to coordinate with it. I am considering a burnt orange color like the interior of our bookcases or perhaps a shade of aqua like the tables in our living room which are wedgewood gray. I would LOOOOOOVE to hear any thoughts you might have! Maybe you have another idea- PLEASE SHARE. Because I can't live with the brown, and if you have followed me for a while, you know I like front doors that pop!
6. TAKE MY TIME. So I am going to stop there.... that list is plenty long to get me started! Of course I also have dreams for our master bedroom. And I have big dreams for our kitchen (which we hope to start this Spring, depending how tax time goes!). I have many more ideas, dreams, but you know what? My family is going to be here for a long long time. That means I have nothing but time.... and I can get it all done eventually. I hope you will stick around while we make this house our home!