Sunday, January 22, 2012

Emmy's Winter Woodland Party

As you all know, my baby girl turned 5 this past week, and yesterday was the party, which we had spent all week preparing for.  I already showed you a peek at the cupcakes, and some of the activities and decor, but I wanted to share with you the entire set up, as well as some actual mayhem party shots!  Before the guests arrived I snapped pics of the party decor and food...

The chalkboard was decorated for the event.
 Even the weather provided us the perfect scenery out the window!

The dining table was first set with all of the feathers, glue, and crayons necessary to decorate the owl masks.



The cupcakes were placed on their stand, and were ready to be devoured!

The sideboard was set with snacky foods fitting the theme.

Peanuts served as "squirrel food" and pretzel sticks became "twigs".  And side note- the snowflake place card holders were purchased on super clearance at Michael's after Christmas.
 Pirates Booty became "snowballs" and I used whole wheat tortillas along with my woodland creature cookie cutters (owl, bear, moose, hedgehog, rabbit, and squirrel) to make baked "critter chips".  The chips went with this healthy cookie dough dip from Chocolate Covered Katie.

 Veggies and dip served as "Reindeer food".
 I set up all the dishes and plastic ware, with a metal galvanized bucket of bottled water on our small server.


When all the guests had arrived, they hay had a blast decorating their owl masks!
 The first two pictures are my two favorite owls (Emmy and Sawyer in case you weren't sure...)








How cute are all those owlets???

After the masks the kids played in the playroom and then we played "Pin the Tail on the Deer", but I am sorry to say I don't have any pictures of the game happening, but you can see the original here.

Then of course, the kids were ready for CUPCAKES!!!!


After cupcakes were done, we cleared the table, and Emmy opened her presents.  I always love this part, because all the kids get so excited to "help" and to give their gifts- I just think it's sweet.


As the kids left they got their "snow covered branches" and clay owl or penguin charm favors I shared earlier, but here are the pics again in case you missed it.



We had so much fun planning and putting together this party!  And we had so much fun with all of our friends that came out to see us and spend some time with us.  Now I can relax until August when it's Sawyer's turn again.... he's already decided on "rock star" theme.  Looking forward to planning that one!

Sharing here:
The DIY Show OffLink PartyPhotobucket504 MainThe Shabby NestVisit thecsiproject.com

48 comments:

freckled laundry said...

Cuteness! Love the masks & the cupcakes (and your little server with the splashy knobs). Happy belated Birthday, Emmy!

Amanda said...

Looks as though all your hard work paid off! Everything looks wonderful.

Jamie said...

perfect party!!!! they all did such a great job with their masks :)

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

Olivia and I had a fun time at the party! You know how much Olivia loves playing with Emmy by all the screaming when it was time to leave.

Megan said...

The party turned out so awesome!! I love all the pic of the owlets! I love how the food was woodland themed, so cute. You have boundless energy to already be thinking of the next party :)

Lesley said...

Your daughter is such a "mini me" lol Looks like the kids had fun! Thanks for sharing.:)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

What a unique and fun birthday. Everything you do is soooo you. I love your personality.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

The fun and excitement of the party jumped right off the screen amd made me smile! And I love that it snowed for an extra wintery touch! Awesome!

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Everything is so cute Cassie! Emmy looks so happy and all the guest do too. Great party!

gail said...

how fun! Love all those owl masks!
great choice on the food, staying with the theme!!!
great job mom!
gail

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I love the the way you put all the food together, the tortillas cut out in the animal shapes was so smart and cute! Looks like a great time was had! I better get planning, we will have a six year old in March.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Love it all! The owl mask craft is a great idea. And how adorable are the charms??!! Great job, Cassie! Looks like there are some happy little kids in those shots. :)

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is an adorable party! I love the food, especially the cupcakes.

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

You are such a fun, creative mom! Those cupcakes are just about the cutest thing ever. I wish I was 5 again. Happy Birthday to Emmy!

Shari

Kara @ June & Bear said...

great job cassie. such a cute theme and it all goes so well together. i was looking at that cookie dough dip recipe the other day. was it as good as it looks?

Kelly said...

I love every detail! What a beautiful party.

Jacqueline said...

What creativity! Love the winter wonderland themed party...those snacks look great also!

Ali Richardson said...

AWESOME!!!!! Looks like the party was a hit! Emmy looks so cute and I absolutely love all the awesome food & decor. GREAT job mama! Those are some lucky kids you have :) xoxoxo

Beth Dunn said...

Love the masks. Happy birthday to your daughter
xoxo
SC

Katie said...

So cute Cassie! I would have loved that party when I was little (heck, I'd love it now)! I love all the food and decor!

Allison said...

What a great party! Your details are so fun! Such a cute theme and snow for Emmy's special day to top it off! Wonderful photos, Cassie.

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Cassie, this is so wonderful. Just call you super mom!

Rita said...

Cassie this is ALL so precious!! Great party planning!!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

You are the hostess with the mostess! I love the creative food and the cupcakes are darling! I bet the bday girl loved it all! I pinned a cute tree bookshelf that reminded me of Emmy's room. Maybe you could get your crafty neighbor to make it for you? :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Omg, how adorable! You did such a great job. What a great mom you are :)

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

So cute! I bet she loved it!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

So cute! I bet she loved it!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh, that is just too cute! What a great theme and party activity. It will be a memorable birthday for sure :)

Twice Nice said...

In your next business life have you thought about "party planner"?!
Absolutely darling with every detail. I especially love that it was hand crafted and not straight from the store. I need to channel you for my youngests next birthday!
Deb

pam {simple details} said...

Aww, I miss those little birthday parties! 13 year old boys don't go for cute themes..it would be sooooo stupid! :) The bear cupcakes are adorable!

17 Perth said...

Oh yay!! They look like they had such a good time. :) The masks are adorable!

The Kramer Angle said...

I love the look on Emmy's face, sitting there, with her little hands crossed! She looks so dang happy!

I'm glad it went well!

Ange said...

Way to throw a party girl! Love all the details, the cupcakes are super adorable, the masks are just plain cool and even the snacks with great names, I love it and obviously the kids did as well. :)

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

Aw...so adorable! You did such a great job with everything...love all the woodland snacks! Happy Birthday to Emmy, she's lucky to have an awesome mommy like you!!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Happy bday to Emmy! The party looked great...I'm impressed with the healthy eats, too!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That looks like it was such a fun party! You did good! :)

Patti said...

what a sweet party = but what really caught my eye is your wall treatment - the grey stripes are gorgeous!

simplyvonne said...

aw happy 5th birthday baby girl! love the mask coloring idea!!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

This is seriously one of the cutest ideas I've seen for a birthday party! Love the snow outside too- so perfect! Looks like it was a success - good job momma!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

That party looks like it was SO much fun!!! :) I love the theme, and you executed it perfectly. XO

Andrea said...

That looks like the sweetest party ever! The food is so clever and cute. I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time. Great job Cassie!

Lisa Scibilia said...

Cassie, that is the cutest birthday party theme EVER!! I love it! Awesome job - so creative!!

Ruby Jean said...

I am SURPRISED you didn't have any Real Critters show up with all that YUMMY Critter food going on there...Those Critter Chips are Adorable.. ( Did you bake them in the oven..??) Oh I was hoping to see pictures of Pin the Tail on the Deer... That looked like it was going to be LOTS of Fun!! :) LOVELY LOVELY Party!!! thanks for stopping in and linking up with me at
http://shoprubyjean.com/2012/01/sew-crafty-tuesday-7-and-winner/

Kahli said...

Happy Birthday Emmy! She looks like she had a great birthday party!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

The food looks scrumptious and the party probably was a ton of fun for all!

Vicky said...

I have a winter baby and it's so hard for me to come up with ideas. Love this party idea. I have pinned this. I am a new follower visiting from ABC and 123 Learning. Vicky from Mess For Less

Renee @ Rustic Crafts said...

What a great party theme. I love all of the rustic touches. You should definitely share this at my Shabby Shares Saturday link party over at Rustic Crafts - http://rustic-crafts.com

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

How cute! Love the owl mask idea. My Chloe turns 5 in September and I'm getting some really good ideas from blogland. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse