1. Eat better. Now this resolution is overdone, but I have thought a lot about trying to eat more responsibly, along with healthier. I want to eat more natural foods because I know I will feel better and be healthier.
2. Take it slow. I tend to run full force into my projects, and I want to take time to enjoy the process and really think it all through. I plan to be in this house for a loooooong time, so I have time to work on it.
3. Give more hugs. Hugs just make people happier. There must be some study somewhere that proves this theory, but I know that hugs are part of the key to happiness.
4. Keep up with the gratitude journals I gave my family- another key to happiness.
5. Just let it go. So there is a mess in the playroom. There is a mess in Emmy's room. Let it go for today. It's OK.
6. Mail little handmade gifts to my friends for their birthdays. I love surprises in the mail, and I know my friends will, too. And I want them to know that even though we aren't always together, I am always keeping them in my heart.
7. Spread positive energy. I try really hard to do that on this blog. And I want to make sure I do that out in the world, too. Cheesy? Yes. Effective. YES!
As for blogging I don't have any goals, I am really happy with the way things have gone and I just want to maintain the friendships I have made. As for business, pretty much the same.... I do have some exciting news coming soon, but I plan to not let myself put any pressure on... myself! I also do not plan on giving up my coffee habit or anything dramatic like that. I like my coffee. Yes, there are 7 resolutions, but I am not going to pressure myself or feel badly if I failed on one or more. I am going to do my best, and that is all I can ask of myself.
And since so many people out there are choosing words to resonate with them throughout the year, my word is....
i choose to be better.
i choose to be a good wife and mom.
i choose to tread lightly.
i choose to be happy.
i choose to sing.
i choose to dance.
i choose to create.
and mostly, i choose to be me.
We all have choices. What will you choose in 2012?