Sunday, February 5, 2012

Opening Day Recap, Paying it Forward, and February's Before

First of all, let me just say, yes, I am cramming a lot of info into one post.

It is Saturday evening as I write this post, and I am exhausted- about to snuggle in with the family and watch Rio and try to stay awake.  Sarah and I had a fabulous opening day and are so far enjoying being a part of the wonderful Wild Rose team that has welcomed us with open arms.  Lynette is the sweetest shop owner and I am thoroughly going to enjoy working with her.
I also want to extend a thank you to the people who made an effort to come out and visit us today.... our friends Leslee, Debbie, & Michelle, Brooke, Sharon and her fabulous daughter, Megan, Rebecca, Shannon, and Gail.  We truly appreciate your friendship and support!
Thank you also to my brother, Dana, and his awesome girlfriend, Viri for having flowers delivered to me at the shop.  That was the sweetest surprise!
And of course, you need to see photos...
Here is a picture of Sarah and me (nabbed from Sharon's blog!).


 I already shared photos of our space the other day, but here are some other shots from around the shop...








The ladies in the shop all work together so well to create a beautiful, cohesive, and fun shopping space!  Thanks guys, for allowing Sarah and I to be a part of it!

Secondly, I wanted to share a new fun project that Jaime from That's My Letter and I are starting up.  Jaime e-mailed me last week and wanted to send something she made to Emmy. A fellow craft vendor had given Jaime some fun fabric and she thought Emmy would love it, and she wanted to pay the favor forward be making something for Emmy with the fabric.  Want to see?  She made me her this adorable toadstool change purse!  Isn't it the cutest? (Sorry for the dark picture- when I came home this afternoon it was snowing and was very dark!)

Anyhow, when Jaime asked me if she could send something to Emmy in this pay it forward manor, I asked her what she thought about starting a "pay it forward" chain.  So I will be creating something for a fellow blogger and sending it along... I need to decide what and to who, but then that blogger in turn will pay it forward to another and so on... just a big chain of happiness!  I hope if you get tagged you will continue the chain!

And FINALLY, the last part of this long post....
Lisa is again hosting her monthly before and after link party.  I went for my morning walk yesterday and the whole time I contemplated what would be my February project, because I have a billion to choose from!  I really want to work on our guest bath, especially after adding the new silver leafed MirrorMate frame. (Speaking of which today is your LAST CHANCE to enter the giveaway!)  So I have decided that my project will be painting the vanity!

Wish me luck!  After all, this month we only have 29 days!  And it's already the 5th!  YIKES.

Shine Your Light

43 comments:

Anne @ Hello Newman's said...

yay for a great first day!!

Renee said...

Congrats on opening day! As you can tell, I was still sick...didn't even make it to my son's hockey game. Did want to come, but didn't want to spread any germs. Feeling a little better this morning, though. Your shop looks awesome (as expected)!

Allison@FabRehab said...

I just returned from Florida and this is the first blog I've checked (of course!) for over a week and look at all of this good news!
1. You are beautiful!
2. The space is beautiful and looks so fun!
3. Love the pay it forward idea!
4. I've been considering painting my vanity too!

Thanks for the inspiration lady!

Beverly Pennington said...

Love the space and all of the things! In fact, how much are those pennants - I have been looking for older ones for a window treatment ;) Hope you stay warm and cozy today. BTW, that toadstool purse is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

The shop looks wonderful - congrats on a great first day! And the pay it forward idea is fabulous.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hey lovely girl,

Well, look at you!! This is the first photo when I've been able to have a proper nose at your pretty face!! You're gorgeous!!

Well done on your opening day!! IT all looks brilliant - I just wish I lived close so I could have come and supported you.

Sarahx

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

It's always such fun to see you in person! Megan and I were determined to make it to your opening. We're so happy for you! ... Love the pay it forward idea! ... Your vanity will take on a whole new look once you get your paintbrush on it. Can't wait to see the transformation!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sounds like your first day went well and how sweet to receive the flowers:)
The pay it forward idea sounds really cool.

Blessings,
Linda

Rebecca said...

It was great meeting you and Sarah. Your space is wonderful and I'm sure you all will have continued success there. All the years I've lived in this area, I've never made it out there, who knew it was such a FAB place?? Now that I do, I'm afraid...

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Wish I could have been there :( So glad it went well and like I already told you, you guys look so pretty!! That toadstool fabric is adorable and I love the pay it forward idea!!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I am really happy for you. Looks like a great place. I would have come to visit for sure if I didn't live so very far away. I have been thinking of you as I am painting David's furniture. I have 7 maybe 8 pieces to paint. I have done 3 and a half!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

So happy you had a great first day! Hope you get to rest and bask today ;-)

Lisa @ Before Meets After said...

So glad it went well! I wish I lived closer so I could come and see it! I love the pay it forward idea. Sounds fun :)

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the great first day! What a beautiful shop!

17 Perth said...

Congratulations on the opening day! I am so glad it went so well--I hope you get some rest today. :)

Sabrina said...

There are so many beautiful pieces in the shop!
Best luck on your bathroom! I bet it will look awesome when you are finished!

Lesley said...

Congrats on the opening. The pay it forward idea is an awesome one.

The vanity....what are your plans? White or a color??

DecorandtheDog said...

You've got a lot of awesome going on in your life right now! Hope you got to sleep in today! ;)

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Congrats on the opening! You two look so happy. The space looks amazing and I'm so excited for you two. It will be a great opportunity. Love the fabric and the idea of paying it forward. Such a sweet gesture. Hope you got some rest today.

Jaime said...

Thanks Cassie for the mention, seems folks like the paying it forward idea! (Bet they hope they're next, no pressure of course.) Glad you and Emmy enjoyed the little package and congrats on the space, this will be your new baby. Enjoy the day.

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Boy, do you bottle and sell your energy? Congrats!!

The Bold Abode said...

I am SO glad you had a good day! We haven't had ANY snow this year...sniff, sniff...

I think your Pay it Forward idea is just fabulouso! Oh the pressure of whom to pick... I may just have to start my own chain! We'll be payin' it forward all ovah da place!

Katie said...

Congrats on a great opening day! Love the whole store! And I love Emmy's toadstool pouch! So precious! Lastly, 24 days? You got that! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kahli said...

Everything in the store is great, especially that gray vanity!! I love it all. And that vanity in the bathroom, I could definitely envision in a cobalt color. That's my color of the month apparently lol. Can't wait to see it.

Twice Nice said...

I'm so happy you had a great 1st day! That whole store looks fabulous. Love your "pay it forward" idea...that's very cool. Can't wait to see what you do with your vanity. I have a bunch of oak ones I dream of repainting someday...

Kacey said...

Yay for a wonderful first day! So glad it went well. It looks like so much fun!

Lisa Scibilia said...

So excited for you on Opening Day!! How exciting Cassie! The space looks great and I SO wish I could hop in the car and come out to visit! (Maybe someday!)
I love your pay-it-forward idea - now THAT is a good idea for a chain.
AND.....thank you for bringing a project to Before & After! I know your vanity will be amazing when you're done with it!

michelle said...

Congrats on the first day! I bet you were exhausted. The store looks so pretty. The pay it forward is very cool and I hope you find a project to work on, which I now you will. :)
xoxox

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Congratulations! You don't look a bit tired...just happy!
Lorraine

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

hi Cassie - great news about your booth going well. it looks amazing. you have been busy. love the pay it forward idea. and can't wait to see your bathroom makeover! all the best
Fiona

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Congrats on a great opening day. You have a lot going on. Everything looks fab.

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty pretty ladies :)
I loooove the pay it forward idea and that little puch is super adorable :)
Can't wait to see the vanity (in person), you better get to work!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

so glad you had a great first day! and i love the pay it forward idea. jaime did good.

Allison said...

Beautiful photo of both of you beautiful gals! Glad it was a fun first day. The shop looks great and filled with so many treasures. Love the pay it forward idea! I hope you were able to get a little R &R today!

gail said...

so happy for you Cassie! Everything looks sooo pretty!
good luck on the bathroom vanity... it's going to look fabulous, I know!
gail

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your opening day! You were a busy girl this weekend. I love the idea of a pay it forward chain and I can't wait to see your vanity painted! Have a great week!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Congrats on your opening day! What a fun shop! This pay it forward idea is so fun. Can't wait to see how you transform this vanity!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Yay! I am so glad to hear that you had a happy opening :) I wish could have been there!!

Meegan said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting time!
I found you via Sharon-and I am glad I did!!
Make it a great day!
Meegan
http://whatmeeganmkaes.blogspot.com

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

really glad you had a great opening day! that shop is just so cute with all the vendors' booths...what a great place to sell and work!

René said...

This is like a dream come true! I am so happy for you on your new beginning Cassie. Congratulations & best of luck!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I'm glad you had a great first day! It looks like a wonderful store.
I love the pay it forward idea, too.

Amy of The Salvage Collection said...

beyond exciting! isn't it crazy the way things work out sometimes???

love the "pay it forward" plan! can't wait to see who you tag!