Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Guest: Kelly from View Along the Way

Happy Friday!  Hope you all are ready for a wonderful weekend!  Emmy is headed to Gramma's tomorrow to see a ballet of Sleeping Beauty.  Chris is away golfing with his brother for the weekend, so I have a date with my favorite boy, Sawyer.  We are going to head to his soccer game, have some lunch, and we are going to have a glorious afternoon together.  We plan to play Star Wars Trouble, take Jake for a long walk, and then snuggle on the couch for a movie night.  Sunday morning he and I are going to try out another church where some of his schoolmates worship, so we are looking forward to that!  I am super excited for some one on one time with my little man.

Also, you can find me today over at Tiffany's awesome blog, Living Savvy, sharing how I made Emmy's room so easy for  her to clean up.  It seriously takes her less than 5 minute.  Come and see why!

Anyhow, another thing I am super excited for.... today's guest!  Kelly from View Along the Way is creative, talented, and has a fabulous sense of humor!  I love reading her blog for inspiration such as creating your own built ins...

ideas on how I can save money while still shopping....
and of course, her humor...
I promise you will love her.  And you will love the little picture of me she put together.... I told Chris I was going to frame it for him as a constant reminder of my awesomeness (as if he needed it, geesh!) ;)
Enjoy!



You guys, I am SO excited to be here at Primitive and Proper today! Cassie is one of my bloggy heroines, because I'm pretty sure she's superhuman. Don't you agree? She's like a nonstop gorgeous-project-creating machine.



This is an actual photograph.

I like to collect furniture to redo and allow it to accumulate in my garage. That's my style.

But every now and then my husband Andy and I actually finish something. We chronicle our starts and stops on my blog View Along the Way.


And sometimes we manage to redo whole rooms, which is really the goal but doesn't happen as often as
we'd like
it would if Cassie lived here. This is what our powder room looked like when we bought our crusty ol' foreclosure a few years back:




And we STILL bought the place!


We found an actual used hairpiece in that broken vanity, courtesy of the previous owners. And how bout the grodiness all over that floor? Yum.

But no prob! We just gutted it.

Took out the popcorn ceilings (here and in the whole house - here's how to do that).

Added hardwood floors throughout the whole downstairs.

Painted stripes on the walls.

Found this amaaaaazing vanity for SUCH a great deal.

And called it a
day

month
year.



Currently I'm about one hundred months pregnant, so right now we're quickly churning out a nursery, in addition to a hundred other little projects I can't wait to show you!

I hope you'll stop by and say hi! You can follow me via RSS or email here, or via Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks SO much for having me, Cassie! Now, back to saving the world for you!

23 comments:

fiona anderson said...

What a gorgeous makeover. I love that vanity unit, it's just so unique !

Pudel-design said...

Hello Cassie, you are the winner of my giveaway!!!
The three little chicks and the pillow are yours!
Please let me know to which adress I had to ship your price;)

Lydiapudel@gmx.de

http://pudel-design.blogspot.de/2012/03/and-winner-is.html

Lovely greetings...

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

I love Kelly's Blog! That bathroom is stunning!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

First, a-hem...I see you won ANOTHER giveaway :D haha! congrats!! Second, love that picture of you. You should totally make it your profile pic! And lastly, LOVE the bathroom makeover and I will definitely be going over to stalk Kelly lol...she's got my kind of humor and her style is awesome!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

You two are quite the team!! Anybody that tackles popcorn ceilings is officially my hero! Love the bathroom makeover - that mirrored vanity rocks!
Happy weekend, ladies!
xo Heidi

Kara @ June & Bear said...

i'm glad someone else works slowly like me. off to check her out!

A place 2 call home said...

Wow looks gorgeous! And the Cassie cartoon was adorable too!

Bliss said...

If Kelly can make me thin like your super hero picture she doesn't even need to put the cape on me.

~Bliss~

Kathy@ Pearls in Paradise said...

Gorgeous! Love everything, but especially that vanity!

Kelly said...

Thanks for letting me crash your blog today, Cassie! :)

The Bold Abode said...

Totally Gorgeous! Makes me want to get the bathroom done!

LOVE Super Cassie...

Fox Hollow Cottage said...

That is one awesome-glam bathroom. Love the sparkle and shine!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Kelly blog is great and she always has some amazing tips to share! I love the vanity that she found.

Cre8ive Motives said...

What a beautiful bathroom. Kelly's blog is fantastic!

Ali Richardson said...

WOW - Awesome transformation. That vanity is swoon worthy! LOVE that super her o pic of you. Oh how true :)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Kelly, you crack me up :)
That said, how have I not seen this bathroom redo before now? It is incredible and the vanity is SO COOL!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh what a great bathroom! That vanity really is amazing! ... And yup, Cassie really does have super powers! ... Have fun with your handsome guy Cassie!

Karena said...

Cassie thank so much for featuring Kelly. Wow what a makeover on the bath. The vanity is stunning!

Please come visit to enter my amazing Cross Bottle Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Lisa Scibilia said...

Kelly & Andy are doing such an amazing and inspiring job with their house. That built in is so gorgeous and professional-looking, I just love it and want one badly! And the bathroom came out great! Can't wait to see their newest project - their baby girl!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

hahaha I love Kelly and her blog and that SuperCassie photo. :)

Lauren -aCommonersCastle said...

The vanity is incredible! I am drooling here! I have been dreaming of a mirrored nightstand for quite a while, and I might need to dream even bigger now! The room looks gorgeous!

DecorandtheDog said...

I'm so behind on blogging. I am glad I did not miss this post!!

I love your superhero picture. I knew your secret would come out sooner or later!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Amazing bathroom transformation. The vanity is gorgeous. I would love to remove some of my popcorn. I will pop over there and see if Kelly has any tips!