First of all, I just want to thank you for all your nice comments and emails after yesterday's post. I truly appreciate your friendship and support, and I am so happy that it truly reached through to some of you. Thank you and thank you and thank you.
Last week I picked up this guy at the Salvation Army.
He (yes, it is a he) needed some love as you can see. He had a broken leg (which I repaired before taking this picture) and those horrible handles needed to be removed, and holes filled. It was a shame that I had to fill holes, because I would have liked to have kept the wood grain showing. Anyhow, once all the repairs were made, I sanded the entire piece, and sanded off the old paint. I didn't have quite the color I wanted on hand so I mixed up a few colors and created a peacock blue. I painted the entire piece, distressed it lightly, waxed it, added sparkly new knobs, and voila!