Saturday, April 21, 2012

POWW Faves & New Bedding

Woo Hoo!  The weekend is here!  This weekend is going to be one of those that goes by fast because we are so darn busy.  And come Sunday night, I will want to crash in my bed, complete with my new bedding!  Ok, so some of you may remember we bought new bedding when we moved in.  I had a gift card at the time and we bought the parachute duvet cover in white from West Elm.  I still love it, but with Spring weather here, it has been HOT.  We needed something that would carry us through Spring and Summer.
West Elm had sent me $25 design dollars I had to use by April 15.  I sent Chris with the card since he was going to be near a store.  I told him just to get us some pretty bowls.  Well then that day they emailed me a 15% off my purchase, including sale prices, because they wanted me back so badly.  And every time they come back to me I just can't say no.  So of course I emailed Chris and told him not to use the dollars, and immediately got online to choose something.  I decided on the Hand Blocked Mosaic Quilt which was a more dramatic choice for me.  I tend to go for plain bedding.  I liked the inky blue and thought it would work well with my gold leafed nightstands.  Anyhow, it arrived this past week and I put it on the bed and loved it.  But I was afraid Chris would hate it!  So I didn't tell him it arrived and just waited for him to see it.  And when he got home from work and went upstairs to give Sawyer his shower, he saw it.  He came downstairs and specifically told me "I really love that new bedspread.  I really love it".  I had to ask him if he was messing with me, but he wasn't.  So win-win.  We both love it!  Want to see it in action?  I want to find some throw pillows, and the room is not done at all... but at least I have a good jumping point now.  And whatever I do will still go with my plain white duvet when we put that back on in the Fall! The room still has yet to be painted, there will be a headboard soon, and the curtains and hardware will change... so don't judge.


So now just imagine the rest of the room is a little more complete... It's fun though, huh?  Perfect for summer!

Onto the POWW Faves.... Um, hello, people.  Stop blowing my socks off.  Because I am running out of socks.

Lately, I have been craving pink in my life.  And this table from Bird and Branch Redesign made me crave it even more.  Who would have thought pink on this table?  Jessamie, that's who.

Bella from We Heart DIY and I are on the same page with greens and aquas!  Just check out this table she painted to add some fun color.
SIde Table After

I am sensing a trend here this week.  I am all about color.  Color is fun!  And if you disagree, then let this little orange desk from La La Land sway you.  Not to mention that everything around it OOZES style.

I pinned these awesome beds just last week and then Julie from Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss shared them here, so of course I had to fave them!  How awesome are they?  You don't need to answer that.  Because I think we all know just  how awesome.

I love the glamorous and sophisticated style of this table from Pam at Simple Details.  It is Draper-esque, isn't it?

And finally, how sweet is this little desk from Deb at Twice Nice?  I am a fan.

Happy weekend, y'all!  Wishing you the happiest!

32 comments:

Bella said...

Early bird catches the POWW Faves! Cassie GREAT quilt, love the mosaic pattern!

And holy moley thanks for featuring my little table! And as usual your picks are awesome. That orange desk is fab-u-lous!

Megan said...

The blue looks fantastic with the nightstands!! Love it, great choice!

The Far Fifty said...

lol @ "Are you messing with me?" I wouldn't know how to respond to that either! ha

Renee said...

Looks awesome!

Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder said...

I'm a big fan of your new bedding too. Does West Elm ever do anything wrong?! Not in my book.

Andrea said...

I LOVE your new quilt! It looks super comfy and the colors are amazing. I could use a little pink in my life too. Great projects this week.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the new quilt! The color is really pretty and a fun change from the white. I have a white duvet just like that one too and I'm in need of something new. Maybe I should check out West Elm!
Oh and those striped beds are soooo cute!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the quilt, and it looks great with your nightstands!

Katie said...

Your bedding looks awesome with the gold nightstands! I can see why Chris would like it! Love these features - I love all the bright colors!!

Allison said...

I love your new quilt! Fun change for spring and summer. Great features and wonderful to see all of the color! I wonder if I could convince my husband that we need a pink coffee table! I love that pink table! Great shade of pink. Happy Saturday, Cassie!

Ange said...

The quilt looks fab-U-LOUS! (imagine me saying that in a singing voice.) Anyways, love the features this week too....classic and colorful, my favorite! Have a great weekend!

Twice Nice said...

Thank you for the feature Cassie!! I love the new quilt, and you know what goes so nicely with that blue...coral ;-)! I'm still in awe of those gold leafed nightstands by the way.

Ali Richardson said...

I always love your faves, but I especially love them this week! You already know I love the new bedding! Yay for new stuff!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your quilt is very pretty! I need something lighter now that summer is approaching. We have layers under and over our duvet!! I'll have to check out West Elm!

Happy Weekend, Cassie!

XO,
Jane

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love your bedding - gotta love a great discount too! I'm in search of something new myself - why are master bedrooms always the most neglected?

Color - what a joy! Makes life so much more fun - love the striped bed and the orange roll top desk.
Kelly

Meg and Mum's said...

I love the quilt! Summer or winter! :)

The Bold Abode said...

Bring on the Drama! I love that quilt...especially with your Gold Nightstands!!!

And the colorful picks this week? So HOT!!! LOVE THEM...but you know I'm nuts about that bright green pop from Bella... AWESOME!!!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I love that bedspread! It's finally gotten hot here too, so much so that in the middle of the night my husband got up and threw the duvet off and told me we needed to bring back the quilt!

I just painted a few nightstands (we are doing some room switching as our son grows out of his crib) so hopefully I'll be able to wash this paint off my feet now that it's sandal season:)

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love the new bedding! And navy and gold is a great coor combination! Glad Chris gave it a thumbs up too! Great features, as always!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Ohhh that navy and gold combo is gorgeous! Love the new quilt Cassie, I need some fun colorful pillows for our bed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Rachael said...

LOve, love, love the bedding!

17 Perth said...

I love the new bedding---love west elm! And---I love that orange desk!

Sarah @Savvy Young Something said...

Yay! Congrats to Sarah at La La Land for the feature! If you didn't know already, she's the creative sister in law of Jody McKitrick, who did Miss Mustard Seed's beautiful photos, and Autumn Clayton, who has a really cute shop in Arlington! Check them out @ http://www.jodymphotography.com/ and http://www.covetarlington.com/

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

Great bedding==I would be right there with you getting some new stuff, but the kittens would destroy it, so I'm waiting. And I'm all about the limes and aquas!

Heather said...

Love the new quilt, Cassie. Isn't it nice to get new bedding? Afterall, we live with it for so many years when we do buy a new one, that it's extra special.

Kara @ June & Bear said...

love your ink blue quilt. what is it about having new bedding that is so much fun? love the features too--so much lovely color inspiration. i need to find a place for some kelly green in my house.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Great choice for your new bedding, Cassie. You can't go wrong with navy and white. Perfect summery color combo.

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I love the new bedding and once you go back to the white duvet the new quilt will look great folded on the end of the bed.

Michelle @ Ten June said...

I've been coveting that cobalt quilt for awhile! Fabulous buy. Don't you just hate when retail stores MAKE you buy their stuff at cheap prices? I mean, geez. ; )

PS. Mailman brought me a little something something on Saturday.... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Thank you thank you thank you, Cass!

Maury Kilgo said...

LOVE the new bedding! I go safe for bedding too but this makes me wish I had a fun print.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

You and I are bedding-a-holics!!! : I love your new quilt! (and I have the parachute duvet too as one of swap-ins! ;) ) xoxoxox

Jessamie Vincent said...

THANKS SO MUCH for featuring my pink table!!! Glad you loved it like I do. And the quilt is great! We have one similar from Anthro and love it!