Happy POWW! As most of you know, Emmy's room has been pretty much done for a couple months now. However, I had been looking for a vintage bookcase and it had to fit certain size specs and I wanted something with vintage appeal. Finally, last week, I stumbled upon the perfect piece with a $5 price tag.
It was pretty dirty so after cleaning off the ick, and sanding it lightly, I mixed up some DIY chalk paint with Sherwin Williams Watery (which I had left from my first ombre dresser), plaster of paris, and warm water. I chose this color because when I asked Emmy what color she wanted, she replied "Aqua! Aqua! Aqua!" Yes, there is no doubt that she belongs to me. :) I gave it two coats of the paint, and then distressed it lightly by hand. I waxed it and buffed it and here it is...
And here it is in her room! Not staged beautifully, but she has lots of books.
And the funny thing is I was so excited about it and emailed it to my friend, Ali, who told me it was the exact same one that her Hayden had in her room! And it is- exactly! Here is Hayden's...
Anyhow, let's see what you've got! PLEASE REMEMBER THIS PARTY IS FURNITURE ONLY!! I hate deleting crafts, so don't make me do it.
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower to party here.
4. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
5. Leave others some comment love!