Tuesday, November 6, 2012

POWW 113: A Furniture Link Party

Happy POWW!  Do you know what I did last week?  I painted two tables that I completely forgot to photograph!  And I already brought them to the barn... OOPS!  I will have to snap some pictures next time I am there.  Well, guess I won't be sharing those pieces today....

Instead I will share with you a cute little buffet I bought when I went yard saling with my friend Rebecca a few weeks ago.

 It was a cute little piece in decent shape aside from some veneer chips.  I wanted to try out a new color of Cece Caldwell's on it that I had just gotten from my favorite Cece dealers, Alaska Tundra gree, a very pretty cool sort of wintergreen color.  With this paint, there is no sanding or priming involved, so I got right to work.  I removed the hardware and the painted, knowing I wanted to preserve the original ribbon shaped pull.  I gave this piece two coats of paint, distressed with a wet rag, and then waxed it with clear wax.  Once that was done I highlighted some of the details with gilding wax in king gold, just to give it a little something special.  I just love this gilding wax!  It's the perfect touch of glam!
Here is the buffet after it's makeover.  I love how the gold catches the light!



This was a fairly simple, sweet little piece.  Now it's your turn to share your latest and greatest furniture projects!

Please remember the rules!

RULES:
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower or subscriber to party here.
4. No etsy shops or the like!
5. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
6. Leave others some comment love!



Photobucket

32 comments:

CraftyCanadian said...

Love your little buffet. Colour is great

Storywood Designs said...

What a pretty little piece. I especially love the gold details and the pull!

suzyq said...

That is the cutest buffet Cassie - and the color is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for hosting - have a wonderful week
Hugs,
Suzan

Jennifer Spadaro said...

Cute color!

Terri said...

Wow, amazing to piece...and to find it at a garage sale, SCORE! Love the color you chose.

I have yet to try the Cece Caldwell paints, will have to see if I happen to have a local stockist!

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

ooo! Gilding wax! I am going to have to try it. Is it a hardware store thing or a craft store thing?

Betsy Speert said...

Oooops!!!!
I linked up the same post as I did last week. Sorry.....

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Love your table, Cassie. The color is great.

Decora Adora said...

Ohhhhh i love your little buffett . Yo estoy pensando hacer lo mismo con una en mi casa. Your blogs is my inpiration
Saludos

pam {simple details} said...

Those gold highlights are the perfect detail - it gives the classic a a little pizazz!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

wow - that color mixed with gold looks so pretty!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Nothing to link up today, but had to stop by and see what you worked your magic on...

I am in love with the color you created. So soothing.

Gwen said...

Dang. That's cute.

Is it me or is your navigation floating to the left?

Sarah @ Imperfect Patina said...

I love the green and the gold together!! Thanks for hosting!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Pretty! That gold detailing is amazing. I love it :) good choice!

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty as usual :)
XOXO

Allison said...

Fun piece! Love the touch of gold.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh pretty! Love the touch of gold!

vintageshabbychicks said...

Hi Cassie...you did an amazing job with the Alaskan Tundra Green...love the gold gilding accents! Beautiful little buffet:)

Rita said...

Love your waterfall table collections and this color looks great on it!

Rita said...

I just entered two but can't remember or find if I already submitted my gray dresser. If I did please delete me! thanks! :)

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Love the buffet makeover, especially the gold gild!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Your soft green and gold buffet is so pretty. Those are the colors I've been using in my bedroom as I transform some old furniture pieces to work better with our vibrant wallpaper! This is very inspirational, especially to see how you've distressed and aged it so nicely. Well done! Thank you for hosting the party today, Cassie.

Bella said...

Gorgeous color! That truly is a sweet little buffet, I can't imagine it lasting too long at your barn sale

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

That is so sweet, you did a wonderful job with it, as always. I really love that color, and the green is the perfect finishing touch.

Katie said...

I love the gold accents Cassie! Such a sweet little buffet! Thanks for hosting!!

Courtney said...

Your on a gold roll at the moment and I'm loving it!!

Vicky said...

So lovely , i love your little buffett.....as your blog!! I'm your new follower :)
xx Vicky

Retro Restyling said...

Wow, what a cute little buffet! Thanks for hosting, I posted up my autumn colored buffet!

Rebecca said...

I love that color! It turned out great!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

Wow Cassie you have done a beautiful job on this one. just gorgeous.

Julie Boarder said...

Love this! The colour is perfect and gold is the trend in Paris this year for metal I just heard today (wish I was there to see for myself :-)