Tuesday, November 27, 2012

POWW 116: A Furniture Link Party

Happy POWW! You guys have had such incredible links lately that I get even more excited about this party and look so forward to visiting all the links!

This week I have a little table for you.  I was on my way to soccer practice with Sawyer one night when I spied this little table on the side of the road out for trash pickup!  I turned the car around, hopped out, and grabbed it!  Sure, the veneer was all peeling off the top, but it had great details and was not trash worthy!  Here it is after scraped all the veneer off the top.
 The finish on the rest of the table was rather worn, so I didn't bother sanding it at all to prepare.
I recently ordered a couple colors of Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint from Vintage Shabby Chicks, and they were so nice to include a sample of French Enamel because I wanted to try it!  I mixed it up and gave this little table two coats.  And can I tell you, I love this color!  It's such a fabulous just right shade of blue- vibrant but not too bright.  I sanded it lightly to distress, and the paint chipped off perfectly.  I then gave it a clear wax to finish it.... Here is the end result!  No bad for a roadside find!





Love that naturally worn look!

Alright, your turn to share your latest and greatest furniture makeovers!

Please make sure you follow the rules!
RULES:
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower or subscriber to party here.
4. No etsy shops or the like!
5. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
6. Leave others some comment love!

Photobucket

28 comments:

Jo Coastal Home Love said...

Hi Cassie, I love this little side table... I pick up one very similar recently... awaiting some love in my garage ;) Thanks for hosting, Jo x

Storywood Designs said...

Cute! I love a demilune table and the milk paint is the perfect finish for yours. Thanks for hosting!

Terri said...

Adorable little table...how come I never see anything cute like this on the curb? Love the "chippy" blue!

Just noticed I posted the wrong link for this week's submission...oooops!

Mary said...

That is a really beautiful color, Cassie. Nice save ... definitely not a trash worthy piece.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Another great save! Those little tables are so versatile and this one is sweet!

bec said...

it seems these little tables are coming out of the woodwork lately...hehe...my mum just threw me one she didn't want anymore. sweet!
Bec x

suzyq said...

Gorgeous job Cassie - and I love the color too!
Thanks so much for hosting another great party - have yourself a wonderful week
Hugs,
Suzan

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Pretty! Those trash pieces are simply the best.

Sarah @ Imperfect Patina said...

I love the color on that table! I will have to order some of that and give it a try! Thanks for hosting! Sarah

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

So pretty! The wood coming through almost looks gold!

Gretchen said...

Just found your blog and subscribed. Very cute table! Thanks for hosting :)

pam {simple details} said...

I'm surprised they don't just put a sign with your name on their 'trash!' It makes me want to paint something blue!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I can't believe someone would throw out a piece like that! I think a lot of people don't know what to do with a piece that has seen better days and I adore that you breathe new life back into forgotten furniture and save them from landfills!! You are my hero!!

Dana Frieling said...

Okay, tell the truth...do you know all the surrounding neighborhoods' trash days and do you intentionally drive around looking for treasures?! ha! Seriously, how does furniture just fall in your lap? So fun!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

We have matching tables now! This one looks so much like my bedside table!

Good Time Charlie said...

Free again???? I am trying to not let trash envy take over me. It looks amazing. I am loving that really rustic, chippy look. It really looks genuinely old, not like someone distressed it to make it look old. Great work and thanks for the fun party. -K

Dear Emmeline said...

i have some french enamel to use! this makes me want to get it out and get painting!

Kammy's Korner said...

gorgeous little table with the PERFECT blue!! :)

vintageshabbychicks said...

Awesome table makeover Cass...glad you liked the MMS French Enamel...so pretty:)

Allison said...

Great color and beautiful job Cassie! You find such interesting pieces. Miss Mustard Seed is going to be out my way in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to her book signing.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Pretty. I almost never see "good" stuff on the curb. I always see old tv's or barka loungers - lol!! You are the best trash-to-treasurer there is xo

Petticoat Junktion said...

Great job on the table Cassie. Don't you just love those roadside finds! I've used the French Enamel and it is an awesome color. The Vintage Shabby Chicks are just up the road from me and are the sweetest gals. Have a great week

Ali Richardson said...

Awesome!! and definitely not trash worthy. Great save!

The Bold Abode said...

What a stinkin' beautiful roadside find! It's so pretty I want to put some earrings on it and take it out to dinner!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a gorgeous blue table--wow! And a roadside find as well--I am jealous :) Thank you for hosting the party, and I wish you a fantastic week!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

What a pretty color! I love the way you distressed it.

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

I love that blue! Really pretty shade. Thanks for hosting, I linked up the living room post....hope that's ok since it includes the Beast ;) Delete it if it's not ok!
Have a great Wednesday!

citygirlarts.com said...

I love this. You find the best trash and do fantastic things with it. Thanks for having the link-up. I managed to finally figure out how to connect. You are my first link party! I hope you like my little table.