Friday, November 9, 2012

Preview of Next Weekend's Barn Sale and Some Exciting News!

Happy Friday!  Right now I am getting ready to entertain something like 20 women who are coming over for coffee and munchies.  I spent yesterday afternoon scrubbing floors, baking banana bread, and cutting up fruit in preparation.  Chris has to head to work early, and I will only have 30 minutes in between the kids getting on the bus and people arriving, so I wanted to get as much done yesterday as possible.  I was pooped after all that, but I plan to kick up my feet with a glass or two or five of wine tonight.

Before cleaning and baking, I took a walk with my main man Jake, and we headed to the gorgeous waterfall again.  I went early this morning which was such a nice way to start the day.  I knew it was going to be chaotically busy, but taking a walk and seeing such majesty, hearing the water actually fall, feeling the cool air, smelling the crunchy leaves.... it helped me find my balance.

After the kids headed to school, Sarah and I spent a few hours yesterday at the barn, getting all set up and ready for the upcoming sale November 16, 17, and 18.  I will be working both Friday and Saturday from 10-5, so if you are local come on by and see me!  And if you are local, you might want to come by on Friday between 10-12, when someone you MAY have heard of will be their signing books.....


That's right.... THE Miss Mustard Seed will be there signing books for you!  You can purchase your copy at the barn and then have her sign for you!   We are so excited that she has agreed to come and spend some time at our barn!  Oh, and we will even have some of her paint available for purchase as well!  It's going to be amazing!!!

Now, how about a little peek into what Sarah and I have in store for you at this month's sale?  Let the picture parade begin!
We crammed and crammed it full of goodies!



Aren't these felt pins from Shawn of Princess and The Pea fabulous?



Sarah set up this little display- isn't it adorable?






Another spool project I completed!  Spool snowmen!





This is my absolute favorite vignette!




What did I tell you?  We are filled to the brim!  I think we are just a little excited for Christmas.... Well at least I know I am!  Happy Friday!

Hope to see you next weekend at the barn!

Oh, and a quick reminder to enter my giveaway for one of those fabulous toadstools in hairclip form!


Photobucket

40 comments:

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

It looks fabulous!

Catherine said...

Have a great time Cassie - sounds like it will be fun.

Your space does look fantastic - full of great things to look at and take home ;)

Julia Konya said...

WOW that is exciting news. And everything looks so beautiful.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Everything looks fantastic, Cassie. That's so excited that Marian is going to be there. Enjoy!

Cathy Wall said...

Wish I lived closer, your booth is filled with amazingly clever and beautiful goodies. Hope the sale goes well!

Lynn Fern said...

It looks wonderful. I wished I lived close by because I'd be popping by this weekend. There are many goodies that my eyes spy that I adore.
Lynn
http://ridgeroadrebuild.blogspot.com/

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Sounds like a fun day! Wish I could be there ;-)

DecorandtheDog said...

Alright. It's official. I'm moving east.

Your shop is looking quite lovely. I want to move there too.

DecorandtheDog said...

Alright. It's official. I'm moving east.

Your shop is looking quite lovely. I want to move there too.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Your booth looks so good! Hope you have a blast with MMS.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You DID cram a lot of things in there-you always find the best stuff! Loving the fun chicken wire memo board with the pretty frame.

The Far Fifty said...

Everything looks awesome! Have so much fun!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh - I'd say this is going to be a big weekend at the Barn with all that awesomeness!!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

WHY OH WHY isn't your store in South Carolina???? It's just not fair. I'm having a serious pity party for myself.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You two have been very busy and it all looks outstanding...enjoy the show and I hope you sell out:)

Blessings,
Linda

pam {simple details} said...

Wish I were coming for coffee and munchies! :) Wishing you sales out the kazoo! (I've never said that before, but it just sounded like a LOT)!!

Heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

It looks fabulous, Cassie! Really, really like the "JOY" and "CHRISTMAS" banners with the glittered letters. You may be seeing those on my blog one day soon.

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer...I see a few things I would snatch up in a heartbeat!!

Anna See said...

Everything looks great! Have a great weekend at the barn! Just bought MMS's book and love it!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

It's like shopping-torture not to be close enough to come by and scoop up all of that goodness :/ ugh. Everything looks great!!! & I wish I was there to walk with you to that waterfall. That would be my happy (peaceful) place too :). Happy Friday. I can't wait to hear how today went xo

Ali Richardson said...

YAY!! So exciting! Sell sell sell!!! xoxoxo

Dear Emmeline said...

You guys have really been busy crafting away! The space looks great!

I hit up the new goodwill in Walkersville today with my MIL and found a few cool items I'll have to show you. My personal favorite is a wood wall hanging that has 2 half bowls attached. They are very "dough bowl" looking and I think it will look awesome on the wall to hold fruit! Not to mention all of the ladies shirts were arranged by size AND color!!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Oh Cassie, you are making me so sad that I can't be there. I'm so excited for you though. Have a great day my friend!!

Twice Nice said...

Cassie it looks AMAZING! I think the holiday sales events have to be the most fun! Have a great weekend!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

So great that Miss Mustard Seed will be there! What an awesome event!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You are going to have a great weekend - and even better with Miss Mustard Seed there! Have the best time!!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Your space looks fabulous!

Allison@FabRehab said...

Looks awesome!! I love the contrast between the lavender chair and charcoal/navyish desk! Hope you had a great time with your friends!

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

The space looks great! I so wish I lived in your area, sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend at the barn. Hope the entertaining went well!

Decora Adora said...

The space looks great!!!. Looks awesome,,,,

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That's a lot of good stuff in one little space! I love all the sweet Santa's and that gold framed chalkboard is a beauty. I know it will be a great weekend!

Good Time Charlie said...

Wow, you have an overflowing space! I hope it will be totally depleted by the end of the sale. I saw lots of things I would love to stop by and scoop up if I lived close enough.

Feels good to be catching up again. I have taken the week off, due to the unexpected loss of my friend. The service was yesterday, and today I needed to paint and do something normal. So nice to be reminded that little things in life can bring a lot of joy. Thank you for sharing. -K

17 Perth said...

Cute, cute, cute!! You guys have all kinds of great stuff! And so exciting she will be there signing books!! Have a great time!!

Bliss said...

My book would be cluttered... I'd have to add your autograph and Sarah's too.

Pinned the red dresser, I think I have the same one in green in my garage.

Bliss

Bella said...

Woah! You guys are full up with some great stuff. LOVE the XMAS spool crafts!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Cassie, it looks fantastic! I hope your weekend has gone well~I'm sure you'll be sold out. :)

All About Vignettes said...

Looking good ladies. I love the insulator picture holders. I'll see you on Friday. I'm soooo excited that Miss Mustard Seed will be there.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

The shop looks amazing!!!! And I adore, adore those thread spool snowmen ... seriously. I pinned and I will be making them this year!

Hope all is well -- and have a great time with Miss Mustard Seed.

:)

Linda

Gwen said...

Oh, I hope you had a good time and a great sale!!!

I wish I could have told you to tell Marion Shazam for me... next time, right?

We were at UVA all day for an exciting game. It was fun! We never get to do stuff like that, so we jumped at the chance!

I love your spool snowmen... :)

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

Wow Cassie your place looks amazing and I hope you have such a successful weekend. How exciting meeting Marian (although no doubt you've met her before being so close to Lucketts)
good luck for it
Fiona xx