Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Mantle & A Little "Soar"


Happy Happy Wednesday!  Hope you are all having a wonderful week!  And if you're not, well the good news is it's half way over, right?  We have had a good week so far!  The kids were off from school Monday and Tuesday, and we worked on some Christmas presents.  I took a walk Monday morning, and went down a little path a friend had told me about, which led me to this....

Isn't it breathtaking?  Jake was excited about the deer we saw on our way, but I was blown away by the beauty pretty much in my own back yard.  This picture was taken with my phone, but I am planning to go back with my camera.
Yesterday, I headed to the polls to cast my vote, and then we headed to Sarah's house where the kids played and the ladies Christmas crafted.  I'll be sharing what I created with you later this week.

Last week I shared with you my dining room Thanksgiving decor.  This week I thought I would share with you my Thanksgiving mantle.  I kept it rather simple, with just a little sparkle, and just a little nature.

Aren't these branches cool?  I think they might be silver dollar plants.  I found them when I was out on a walk.  And my mercury glass owl from Ali is always floating around the house.  The little silver vase is a thrifty find, and I topped it with a mini gourd.

The other side of the mantle features two silver vintage candlesticks that were also a thrifty find and are also topped with mini gourds.  Next to them lay my sparkly sequin acorns from Andi's shop.  (By the way, if you love them they are only $6.50 a pair and she can do other colors, too!)
 Another view....

And here is a closer view of the awesome banner, also made by Andi.  She is one crafty and multi talented chick!

I sat got down low to take a pic of my new to me vintage coal bucket for you, and thought it was a cool angle, so one more....

And of course the coal bucket!  I found this Saturday when I was out thrifting with Sarah.  I love the orange color!  It's perfect for holding logs.

I also made another addition to the living room on our bookcases!  I ordered this adorable "Soar" embroidery hoop art from my sponsor, Nicole, of Home for Hire.  It floated around the house, or soared, should say, til it finally landed here.

Do you like the phone charger plugs there?  Totally didn't notice til after this was published!  ha ha!

Nicole also has some awesome Christmas themed embroidery hoop art in her shop now!  Look at these beauties...
Holiday Embroidery Hoop Art: Whimsical Christmas Trees and Stars. 6" Vintage Embroidery Hoop.
Christmas Embroidery Hoop Art: Hand-stitched "Noel" in Red. 4" Hoop.

Aren't they just the cutest?!?  Love them!

Hope you enjoy your Wednesday!  Can you believe in two weeks from tomorrow we will be stuffing our faces with turkey, and all the fixings!?  And the day after that I will be taking this mantle down, and moving on to Christmas.  I can't wait!
Photobucket

34 comments:

Jaime Costiglio said...

Cassie is simply stated and perfectly put, love the little glittered and shiny accents. Reminds me to do something for Thanksgiving asap!

Julia Konya said...

Love the sparkly sequin acorns. So cute!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Everything looks great, Cassie. I love the banner. :) Megan

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

I can't believe you found those branches! Love them! Plus, I love the candle sticks and how you used them in a nontraditional way. And that orange bucket is pretty cool! And that TV, I'm telling you, it totally blends in. ;)

Angela

Dana Frieling said...

I could spend hours at that waterfall...what a great treasure! I'm so impressed that you're knocking out Christmas gifts already. You go girl.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

The background color realy makes everything pop! I love the way you keep it simple, but pretty and interesting! Love that orange bucket!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I can't believe how soon Thanksgiving is! I feel like it's still Halloween. Love your mantle! Those acorns are adorable!

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Hey Cassie, where did you get that golden pear?

Heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

LOVE that coal bucket. The orange colour is a great pop against the gray.

And yep - silver dollars.

pam {simple details} said...

I was having the best time scrolling thru enjoying all your decor...and BAM you hit with two weeks till Thanksgiving...yikes!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love the embroidery! And your mantle looks lovely!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Time is flying. The branches you found are so cool - they look like capiz shells. It all looks perfect together!

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Oh, my goodness, that is a beautiful place. Waterfalls are one of the things I love most of all. You didn't know it was there? I am so glad you know now. If that was near my house, I would be tempted to just pitch a tent and stay right there! And your mantel is beautiful, too.

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I love how simple your mantle is and the colors are perfect. Isn't it amazing what we find in our own backyards?

Nicole {Home for Hire} said...

You are too sweet :) I love where "Soar" landed! I'm also in love with your coal bucket!!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love your mantel! The waterfall and stream is gorgeous. You'll have to share photos of this from all four seasons.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I still love the color on your brick. So pretty and your seasonal decor pops so nicely against the gray. No I can't believe in two weeks we'll be thinking about Christmas - that is crazy!! Where is the year going??

Dear Emmeline said...

so jealous of that coal bucket!! you find all the best stuff!

Rebecca, Do-Over Designs said...

Love your mantel! And really, really loving your gray fireplace. What color did you use? We've got a red brick, totally outdated looking fireplace that needs some oomph. Thanks! Love your blog!!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

so much simple goodness on that mantel :)

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I love your subtle style. It looks so festive but not overwhelming :) and that coal bucket is awesome!! I love the orange too. Happy Wednesday xo

Natosha said...

I love how simple your mantle is. I am getting ready to design and decorate our mantle, too, and also wanted to keep it more simple.

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty!!! I love alle the sparkly and rustic/classic touches. Well done friend. LOVE that new bucket and that soar hoop is beautiful!!! LOVE U!

DecorandtheDog said...

That waterfall is awesome. Your mantel is stylish. I want to learn to embroider. That is all.

Holly said...

Your mantel is beautiful...it doesn't need much. You know I love the color of it so much. The silver acorns are darling!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Cassie, I love your natural themed, Thanksgiving mantel. It all looks elegant against the pretty color that you painted the bricks.

Allison said...

You live in a beautiful area Cassie. Such a pretty photo. Your mantle looks really nice! I like those sparkly acorns. That orange bucket was a great find. Perfect for firewood and a nice Harvest color.

Kelly said...

Those branches are AWESOME. I thought they were fake at first! And I love the little embroidery hoop!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here! Crazy! Your mantle looks so great and I love that hoop art. I like the Christmas ones - cute gift idea.

Rita said...

have to say that one of my favorite things about your decor is your season changing owls. Love how they change witht he holidays and seasons!!

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

A waterfall practically in your backyard -- beautiful! Your mantle looks great.

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

That waterfall is amazing and the coal bucket is really neat--I love the color of it. It was so nice to read your encouraging words over at my blog today--thank you so much for stopping by, Cassie!

René said...

Those are darling! So happy that you found your dog and I remember seeing the waterfall on insta and loved it! Your mantel looks great - way ahead of me as always. :)

Bella said...

Lovely mantle...as always Cassie. Those acorns are so sweet and I love how you topped the candle holders with pumpkins. Always thinking outside the box girl...I love it!