Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Stockings Were Hung on the Picket Signs With Care

Say what?  Picket signs???  I thought the election was over!

No no, not that kind of picket sign.  Last month I purchases a bunch of plain white old worn out pickets and I knew eventually I would make them into signs, but I was waiting for inspiration.
I had seen this awesome sign on pinterest and recently my friend Ali made her own awesome version, seen here:
I thought about putting a few posts together to make one sign, but then decided to try it on just one picket.  I used some red acrylic paint a foam brush and just free handed.....
 And then I had fun with the rest of the pickets...


I am really happy with how they came out!  I gave the blue peace one to my neighbor, and I think we need to keep one, too, but the rest will be at the barn this weekend for sale!

Now onto the stocking part of this post. As you know I have been collaborating with my neighbor on some creative projects.  I was inspired by this image from Country Living...

I love the whimsy of the wooden stockings!  I asked travis to cut some out for me, and I have painted and stained them and they are also at the barn for this weekend.

First, here are some of the painted ones.  I also have red, but I had already taken them to the barn.  I tried to paint some retro, and some vintage grain sack style to appeal to different people.

And now here arr the more rustic wood ones.  I have a couple sets like this, one set slightly darker.

Travis designed and created his own template so that he could easily cut them out with his machine!  He could even do custom order for sizes if anyone needs them!  Tomorrow he will be dropping off some more projects for me.... I can't wait!

Speaking of stockings, I spent some time Sunday with my sewing machine, a vintage grainsack, and some vintage red and white striped fabric.  Here are the results of that endeavor....


See that, I even lined them?  I don't always have the patience for sewing but I had the red and white vintage fabric and it was too perfect for stockings!  These guys are headed to the barn today as well!

Oh, and just because I inundated you with glitter yesterday, I thought, why not share more glitter love?
I had these teensy little deer I had glittered and wasn't sure what I would do with them.  Then I hit the thrift shop and found this tiny wire house ornament.  I cut a piece of Silver cardstock, hot glued it in, hot glued the teeny bottle brush tree (found at a flea market), the glittered deer and let it all dry.  Then I painted some mod podge onto the silver cardstock that was showing and used some vintage look mica glitter that I had on hand to create snow.  I also added a teeny bit to the roof of the house.  Here it is now....


For now I am keeping it.  What can I say?  I like glittery deer to be caged up.

Happy Thursday!  Now, I am off to the barn to drop off most of this stuff!
Photobucket Holiday
holiday home link parties

43 comments:

Pattie @ On Hollyhock Farm said...

Wow! You have been busy!!! They are so cool!! I have tons of pickets, gotta get going!

bec said...

pretty cute idea....lovely for christmas...bet they will be snatched up!
Bec x

Julia Konya said...

My favorite is the striped picket. What a cute idea with the stockings. Where do you find the time to do all this? Really!

Laura from Top This Top That said...

cassie- love those pickets especially grouped together with the various colors. you sure have been busy, reading this made me tired.

Andrea said...

Just how much coffee do you drink? I am so impressed with your "get er done" attitude. I love the wooden stockings, the real stockings and those adorable picket signs.

Susan said...

So cute, Cassie! Love the glittery deer.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do some of those deers with my girls. They are just too cute!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

LOVE THEM! Those are going to fly out the door!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Cute picket signs - I especially love the striped one! And those stockings are all darling! They will be a big hit at the barn!

Cathy Wall said...

Your creativity and cleverness knows no bounds Cassie! The pickets and stocking are just darling, hope they sell out!

vintageshabbychicks said...

Wow, you've been a busy little elf Cassie!! Love all the stockings you made :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You are going to have one awesome barn sale...luv those painted stockings and also the fabric ones.

Blessings,
Linda

Gwendolyn Whitfield said...

Fantasticio! I LOVE those pickets...

Bliss said...

Caaaa-ssiiieeee...... those are cuuutteee. Pinned 'em.

Bliss

Heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

So cute. These will sell so fast you won't know how to keep up. Love the wooden stockings!

pam {simple details} said...

Hope you have time to show us a sneak peek of your space with all of this amazing-ness!

Holly said...

I like the single slat signs. So versatile. Do you do well at the barn? I found an antique store close by where I can rent a booth but it is expensive to rent monthly. You do tons of projects - I don't anymore. Hmmm - I hate shipping or I'd go back to Etsy.

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Lovin' those signs, and the stocking are TOO cute!

Dear Emmeline said...

I seriously can not believe how many projects yo have gotten done recently (and the quantity!) they all look so cute!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow Cassie, you've really been getting your Christmas crafting on!! LOVE the pickets - that is such a fun idea!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

SO CUTE! I love those pickets with the wooden stockings. You're amazing!

Jennifer Spadaro said...

Super cute!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I LOVE all of your new goods!!! The picket signs and wooden stockings are genius and the fact that you sewed amazingly straight lines on LINED stockings - I am speechless. BUT, my favorite is that ornament you made. TOO-CUTE-FOR-WORDS!
xo

Allison said...

Now if only you could bottle some of your energy and send it my way! You are amazing with how much you get accomplished. Love all of your Christmas items! Your striped stocking are wonderful.

Jennifer {The Chronicles of Home} said...

You have been one busy lady! So much Christmasy fun!!

Twice Nice said...

You have a lot of energy Miss Cassie! Love it all! Those wood stockings are wonderful. And your tiny glitter deer has me wanting to raid the kids toys for a likely candidate or two for my own.

Alexa said...

Those are so cute and festive for the holidays!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

You are a MACHINE, Cassie! Love all your Christmas projects -- sure wish I could pop into the barn this weekend! Good luck!
xo Heidi

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Because *everyone* needs some glittery deer caged up (c; And those wooden stockings and pickets are *DARLING*! I would've never thought that wooden stockings would be my thing, but darn it if those are adorable!

Ali Richardson said...

Sooooo much awesomeness is one post, I almost can't handle it. thanks for the shout out on the sign. Love those pickets, socks, stockings, and tiny caged up deer. And you!

17 Perth said...

You made those!!!!? They are awesome!!! Seriously so cute. I'm sure your neighbor loved them!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Wow - girl! You are on a roll!

Renee said...

well, I like cage-free deer myself :-) Actually, yours are quite cute and love those signs and stockings.

Petticoat Junktion said...

Cassie, those are the cutest picket signs! I really love the North Pole sign and of course the painted stockings

Beth said...

Cassie, I LOVE the picket signs and I NEED a set of the stained stockings, so adorable!! Do you ship?:)!! Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Seriously cute!!

You know I scored 4 vintage stocking stretchers at Brimfield with plans to hang them from my Christmas mantel! Now I just have to remember where I put them!

Kelly

srpprcrftr said...

Wow you are so darned talented and do I ever wish I lived close so I could go to that barn sale. We don't have anything like that here (Grand Junction, CO area). Never in the 8 yrs. we've been here. People don't seem to like the rustic vintage stuff either, especially the distressed stuff. Total bummer for somebody that loves the stuff and loves to make it.
I used to have a couple of those antique sock stretchers like your stockings. They're great, the variety you made are awesome.
I'm gonna copy some of your stuff to make for our decorating. Wish there was some place I could sell my stuff. Good luck on your barn sale. Your so cute little wire ornament with deer and tree is adorable.

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

I love the signs! I have a ton of old pickets on my back porch right now waiting for a project. And if my neighbor hadn't hurt his back I would so be having him cut out wooden stockings for me. Love your ideas!

Angela

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh my, I love all of it! Especially those little wooden stockings. I wish I had a Travis for a neighbor! I have a Travis for a son, but I can't quite trust him with power tools just yet. Good luck this weekend. -K

Kelly said...

The wooden stockings are my favorite thing!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

You're a busy girl Cassie! Love the pickets, so darn cute!
cute glittered deer too.
hope you're having a great weekend,
gail

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh my word, these are adorable. The pickets are too fun, but I'm really smitten with the wooden stockings.

Stopping by from Hi Sugarplum

Anneke {RustiChic} said...

I am so in love with these signs! I wanted to make a big JOY one myself!!! :-) Thanks for linking your awesome projects to the Home for the Holidays Party!

~Anneke at www.thisthatandlife.com