Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crafty Christmas Features & Taking Time Off


Before I get into the features from the Crafty Christmas party, I wanted to let you all know that I am going to take the rest of the year off from blogging.  I had planned on taking the week of Christmas off, but in light of recent events, I have decided to just focus on my family and spending time with them.  (The Next POWW link party will take place on January 8).  I am sure many of you feel the same way, and understand my need.  My heart is heavy for Newtown, and I am sending all my prayers that way.  Life is short and precious.... I want to make sure I really live it, and I want to make sure my loved ones know just how much they are loved.  Thank you for understanding.

Last week I co-hosted s Crafty Christmas link party with Karah from The Space Between, Lisa from Before Meets After, and Ashley from Cherished Bliss.  Today we are all sharing some of our favorites from the party, each of us doing our own features, so be sure to visit the other girls, too, today!

With over 300 links to go through, I thought I would share my top 5 in a several categories, which makes for lots of features!  Please if you wish to pin click on the link to pin from the direct source.
.
Top 5 Wreaths

I love vintage ornament wreaths, and this beauty from Life on Mars is no exception!
Christmas Crafts

I am in LOVE with this fluffy pom pom Anthro inspired wreath from It All Started with Paint.
anthropologie-pom-pom-wreath

This wintery wreath with a pop of red from Made in a Day took my breath away!


Just Us Four shared this adorable straw wreath.  Love the addition of the little snowmen!


And Uncommon Designs shared this gorgeous snowy pinecone wreath!
Pine Cone Wreath


Top 5 Ornaments

These toadstool terrarium ornaments from At Home on the Bay are my favorite I have seen this whole season I think!

Love the idea and execution of these birdseed ornaments from Eclectically Vintage.


These recycled felt ornaments from Going a Little Coastal are so cute!
wool house ornament 3_edited-1

How awesome is this birch bark ornament from Turtles and Tails?

Birch Bark Pinecone Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog


And love this idea of a card with an ornament attached, especially when the ornament is as sweet as this bird from Creative in Chicago.


Top 5 Tree Crafts

These pine cone trees from Somewhat Quirky are aaaaamazing!

This scrap wood tree from Studio 336 is amazing!  I love everything about it....

These felt trees from Love Grows Wild are beautiful- love the colors!

These cork trees from Monsters Circus are SOOO cool!  I have never seen any like them!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These Christmas tree luminaries from The Thriftress are so cool, and would you believe they were made from a vintage pan!


Top 5 Deer Crafts

Love this take on the deer silhouette from Living Savvy.

I love deer with glitter!  How fun is this winter "bundterland" from My Third True Love?

Love this pallet art from Art is Beauty!

This retro branch buck from Made in a Day is AWESOME!

And love this awesome wall of footprint reindeer from Marisa Howard Design.

Top 5 Nature Inspired Crafts

This frosted twig bouquet from Grow Creative is beautiful!  I would love this in my home!

Turtles and Tails did it again with this amazing branch tree!

Christmas branch tree on the wall - Turtles and Tails blog


These pine cone gnomes from Love Grows Wild are the sweetest!

This cranberry and bay leaf garland from Number Fifty-three is naturally beautiful!

And love this fragrant and pretty herb wreath from Designing Domesticity.
Top 5 textiles: Pillows, Tree Skirts, Stockings, etc

Love these pretty burlap stockings from Decor and The Dog.  The touch of gold is perfect!
Decor and the Dog Holiday Mantel 3
This ruffled tree skirt from Tales of a Trophy Wife is so vibrant, fun, and ruffly!

I am in love with these stockings from The Wonders of Doing- the polar bear might be my favorite!

Adore this deer head pillow from Dear Emmeline- so classic!

And loving this stenciled runner from Pretty Handy Girl!


Top 5 Anything Else!

This gingerbread garland from Crafting in the Rain is an awesome kid craft and so cute!

I Gotta Create shared these super cool photo snow globes!

I sort of want an adult version of this reindeer hooded towel from Crazy Little Projects?  Would that be vixen instead of Rudolph?
Reindeer hooded towel tutorial and pattern
I love all of these fun garlands from Made in a Day, but especially love the snowflakes!
DIY Garlands
And lastly, I couldn't not include this cutie from The Pursuit of Happiness?
Whew.... that was a lot of features!

Again, thank you so much for understanding.  From my family to yours, we wish you a happy holiday filled with love, family, and small moments you will remember forever.  I will see you in 2013!

Photobucket

67 comments:

Lady Courtney said...

Pinned quite a few of these projects...maybe this weekend. And I totally understand your need for a break, this has been tough, and hopefully a positive from this will be for us to spend time with our family and friends and appreciate the "moments". Merry Christmas Cassie!!! Hugs!!! donna

Julia Konya said...

I'm so glad that you feel the same way as I do! I was going to take off the week during Christmas and new year as well but you might have just inspired me to take off earlier as well.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy the time with your family! See you in 2013.

Storywood Designs said...

Merry Christmas Cassie! Enjoy the time with your family and friends. We are so blessed.

Heather said...

Enjoy your break and your holiday! Some great ideas here..thank you!

The Far Fifty said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, my friend. Enjoy your holidays, see you next year xoxo!

DecorandtheDog said...

That's a whole lot of craftiness goodness. Thanks for the ol' feature.

Enjoy your time off. I'm out next week. I really haven't taken an entire week off before. It's time.

Merry Christmas!!

Terri said...

Have a great holiday season!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Cassie,

I fully understand your need to take time off and hug your children a little closer! I think I may just join suit ... and thanks so much for the feature, my friend!

:) Linda

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

Thank you so much for the feature, Cassie! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Angela

Between Blue and Yellow said...

I will miss you! But I have a feeling you won't be able to make it that long with out blogging a little something :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I feel the same way Cassie! Enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas to you!

Dana Frieling said...

Enjoy your snuggles, friend!

Mary said...

Enjoy your time with your family Cassie. I'll be taking some time off too. Thank you for featuring the Toad Stool Ornament. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas and Peace and Joy in the New Year. xo

Dear Emmeline said...

I think it's great that you are going to take some time off. That will let you focus on your kids and enjoying the holidays with them. :) thanks so much for including my pillow with all your other features. there were a ton of awesome projects this week!

Hetty said...

Happy Holidays and enjoy your time off!

Good Time Charlie said...

So proud of you for recognizing the need to have time off. Love all your picks. I am so inspired each day when I see a collection of someone's beautiful work in the blogosphere. Yes, let's all send as much love and prayers to these families in Newton. They will need all of this and more in the weeks, months and years to come. Happy Holidays my friend. I know you will cherish this time with your family and they are lucky to have you as their mom and wife.

Anne said...

Merry Christmas Cassie. Thank you for all the goodness you share with us though out the year. Your children are adorable and enjoy your time off with them. Blessings to all.
Hugs,
Anne

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Great features - love those reindeer feet - not sure we enough feet in our family for that but I wish we did ;)

Have a Merry Christmas with your beautiful family friend! See you in 2013. I don't think I'll be blogging much until then either. I really have a whole new perspective - my family means the world to me!

lily field furniture said...

Thanks for this Cassie! I too understand the need for a blogging break and just posted my last one for the year as well. Enjoy your time with your loved ones!

Cathy Wall said...

Enjoy every minute of your holidays Cassie! LOVE the sweet shot of your kiddos and the abundance of cleverness you share here every day. Looking forward to more in 2013.

Jane Craske said...

What beautiful features-I'm going to do the same next week. Just hangout with the family and be so thankful for the blessings that we have.

pam {simple details} said...

Enjoy soaking up every precious day with your sweet kiddos ~ thank you for the endless inspiration throughout 2012!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I'm having separation anxiety already! just kidding, I wish you and your family the most wonderful Christmas and hope you enjoy some time away from blogging to love all over your two beautiful munchkins and have a much deserved respite. You are such a great mom and I know those babes of yours will feel blessed when they grow up and look back on this amazing childhood you are giving them!

Ali Richardson said...

Yay!! Thanks for the bundterland feature :) I love you and your sweet kids and plan to follow your lead and cherish each day. Life is a gift and we can't let these moments pass us by.
xoxo

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

there were some seriously awesome links, weren't there! so happy to have hosted with you and am in love of the pic of your kids with the peace on earth sign ... that should end up in a frame somewhere for sure.

happy holidays to you all!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great features! so many festive ideas.
Love the picture of the kiddos.

enjoy your time off, Merry Christmas to you all!
gail

Jennifer {The Chronicles of Home} said...

Merry Christmas, Cassie! Hope you enjoy lots of happy time with your sweet kids. See you in the new year :) xoxo

homeseasonsdecor said...

Loving the fuzzy pom pom wreath. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Cassie, enjoy your time with your loved ones. I certainly don't blame you for wanting to take some time off. I'll miss you! Looking forward to doing some good in 2013!

Karin Chudy said...

thank you so much for the feature. I was doing the day of silence today and was away from the computer and just saw this.
thank you so much!
Hugs
Karin
www.artisbeauty.net

Barb Brookbank said...

Lovely projects here - I'm going to check a few out. Have a peaceful season.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

First, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, dear friend! I completely agree that my heart is just not in blogging right now after everything else.

Second, THANK YOU for featuring my wreath! That made me feel so good. You're wonderful!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

Enjoy your time away, Cassie--your priorities are exactly where they should be. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Richmond Thrifter said...

love all that crafty goodness! And I agree. Time off to show the ones you love how much you love them is such a great idea. Life is too short as we were just reminded!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

I think most of us feel the exact same way. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Thanks Cassie for featuring my pine cone trees! They are special to me so it means a lot that others like them!

Jacqueline said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and holiday break with your loved ones. I feel the same way about needing a break.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a gorgeous photo of Emmy and Sawyer! Sending you the very best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a year filled with blessings and sweet surprises! ... Now off to visit some of those awesome features!

{Hi Sugarplum!} said...

wow, so many great projects from such talented people! totally understand your need, I'll be doing much of the same. merry christmas, friend!

The Bold Abode said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful break. I'm taking some time off, too. Probably not even going to blog about it. I just need some time with my family. it's been a wonderful year getting to know you and I can't believe how much life has changed. here's to an even better 2013!

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.

May the rain fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

I hear you...I'm taking a wee bit of time off too...like a month or so! Enjoy your family and the holidays, for that is what life is really all about. Love the photo of your kids! Some really nice crafty features here!!

Allison said...

Good for you Cassie. You deserve the break and most importantly to spend time with your loved ones. Family is so precious and each day is such a gift. You are an amazing mom to your kids. Have a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to seeing you back on your blog in 2013!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Wow...I'm so bummed that I missed your party. Your picks are fantastic! I've been so busy with work, a wedding and family that I have not been able to keep up with everybody over the last few weeks.

I am heartbroken as well. It is all I can think about and no matter what has been going on in our house, it has been the subject on the forefront with lots of questions, opinions and tears. I cannot fathom...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Cassie. Thanks for being such a wonderful bloggy friend. We will talk to you next year!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Good for you Cassie. It's the right time and it sends a good message. Family is all that matters. Have a great holiday my friend!!

monsterscircus said...

Hi Cassie. I do understand you, such a terrible action, and we pray for the families who have lost. Our friends and family are the greatest gift and all that really matters. Best wishes for you and your family and enjoy the break and the holidday! looking forward to see you netx year! And thank you so much for featuring my cork trees, you're such a darling and I'm really glad to follow your wonderful world.

René said...

First of all, your kiddos are the cutest! I never get tired of seeing their pretty blues eyes! Secondly, I am happy for you for taking time off and am considering doing the same thing. And by the way, what a round-up! I've never seen so many great crafts in one spot -ever!

Mrs. K said...

coming over to say thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I hope you stand a while and looked around! I've decided to do the same on your blog!

kate

www.kateandkuby.blogspot.com

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

All amazing projects!

Enjoy your time off with your adorable family Cassie!

Renee said...

Merry Christmas Cassie! I, too, plan on taking time off (just one more post after I get my tree decorated). My oldest comes home from college late tonight! So excited!!

Kelly said...

Loooove the pinecone trees! Hope you have a restful, joyful time away!

Anneke {RustiChic} said...

I think many people are really feeling the need to focus on family...especially with kiddos home from school. Have a great break and thank you for all you do!

~Anneke at This, That and Life

Courtney said...

Heavy hearts here in Australia too, and lots of prayers being sent to your country xx.
Enjoy your break Cassie...you totally deserve it and look forward to seeing what you get up to in 2013!! thanks for all the tips and invaluable advice during the year and featuring a few of my furniture pieces!! Hopefully I can come up with some more feature worthy things next year ;-) xx Courts

The Creativity Exchange said...

So many beautiful features! Wow! I am loving all of the fun trees and wreaths! I will have to bookmark these ideas for next year. Have a Merry Christmas Cassie and I hope your blogging break is relaxing.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Thank you so much for visiting me Cassie! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year! Angie xo

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

I LOVE that pom pom wreath and the turtle tails birch ornament!!!!!!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I am always amazed at the creativity out there . Thank you for sharing some gorgeous, special creations. Have a great holiday, Cassie!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful summary of all the great holiday decorations! These are great. Have a wonderful holiday with your family.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Katie said...

Love the pics of Emmy and Sawyer! So precious! I hope you enjoy your time off Cassie! Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Cassie. Enjoy your time away. See you in 2013!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Enjoy your time off with your sweet family! I can't wait to see all your projects in 2013! Love all the features! It was an amazing party!

blessings,
karianne

Susan Erb said...

I completely support your time off- honestly, this may sound odd, but I wish my favorite bloggers would blog...less! Once a week would be great, IMO. Those of us who follow several blogs (thirty-five and counting here) don't know how you guys do it! I am single-handedly starting a movement for once a week postings and more time IRL. Anyone with me?

Sue

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Dear Cassie - Thank you for all the beautiful inspirations in 2012! Though I'm fairly new to your blog, I've really enjoyed my visits. I just updated my blog list and added you to it. Wishing you and your family a wonderful and merry Christmas! And a beautiful New Year ahead!
Warmly,
Loi

DIY Show Off said...

So many fun and festive features!

Merry Christmas, Cassie! :)

Miss Charming said...

So many great projects!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Merry Christmas, Cassie!
Enjoy your time off :)

Ange said...

Wow, what some awesome features! Merry Christmas Cassie, enjoy your time off with the family! :)

Cristina Garay said...

They are all beautiful features! Enjoy your time off, Merry Christmas for you and your family!