Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lollie Gags

As some of you might know, we have an elf on the shelf, and his name is Lollie.
Lollygag, as defined by the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, means "fool around; dawdle".  So now you see that my title is a play on that word, because our Lollie sure fools around and dawdles!  Today I thought it would be fun to see all the places our lovable Lollie has turned up this Christmas season.  These are in no particular order, and all have been shared on instagram.  I try to document it there every night.  Although one night Lollie drank too much wine, and passed out in the same spot.

Getting in some carols....


He made his own sleigh out of Chris' shoe and some reindeer and jute.

Reading L. Frank Baum's "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus".

Fishing in the kitchen.  He caught my favorite kind of fish- Swedish!

Trying on Emmy' hair clip and checking himself in her mirror....


Taking a ride in the vintage fire truck planter...

Sleeping in Sawyer's spare bed.

Writing a get well card for Emmy when she was sick....

Kissing the angel on our dining room tree!

Giddyup, reindeer on the mantle!

Hanging out on our living room gallery wall....

Helping himself to the chocolate chips...

Now, this was supposed to be a couples skate with Santa, but some of my facebook friends have even dirtier minds than me!

Swinging on the birdcage...

Hanging out in the entry mirror with a message: You better not pout!

And last night he got into the craft supplies to play dress up...


I saw this on pinterest and had to try it... he made his own snow globe.

I have been having a blast with this!  Lollie gets the thumbs up from me!


And don't forget today to hop over to The Space Between and learn how to make this awesome beachy Christmas tree decoration!


I am off to help out in Emmy's class room for the morning.  Have a fabulous day!
Photobucket

38 comments:

Laura from Top This Top That said...

Lollie sure is having lots of fun in your house this year! I just love the kissing angel pic! Have a great day

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

really cute Cassie. i bet your kids love it.

Mel said...

That Lolly sure is a lot of fun!

My kids are totally not interested in our elf, so I took him to work and "us adults" are having a blast with him!

Megan said...

hahahahahha 'drank too much wine and passed out in the same spot' hahahhaa. My Elf is totally on that lush train!

Renee said...

Not sure if my kids are too old, but I have to get one of these elves for myself! I loved seeing these pics! And, you look adorable in that last picture, btw.

Julia Konya said...

Too funny! We never had an elf in Germany growing up and I still don't have one. I think my kids would love it.

They just asked their friend at the bus stop the other morning if their elf ever sat on the toilet tank and watched them ... in the morning. LOL! Where do they come up with this stuff ;)

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

My favorite is kissing the angel! Still LOVING your bangs!

Cathy Wall said...

You have the most clever fun with Lollie, I'll bet your kids are loving this!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I bet your kids are just loving that little rascal Lollie!

pam {simple details} said...

Makes me wonder who is having the most fun with Lollie! :)

DecorandtheDog said...

You are so creative. I have been enjoying your Lollie instagrams.

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Kissing the angel on the tree is my favorite, but all of these are just so fun and HILARIOUS!!! I bet your kiddos are having a great time with this!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Looks like you are having more fun with that thing than your kids! Great ideas, I'm sure they loved it.

17 Perth said...

These are awesome!! Cannot wait to do stuff like this. Haha. My favorite is the shoe sled. :)
And girl you are rocking those bangs! They look great!

amber wallace said...

You have great ones!! My fave is the shoe santa sled! Great mama :)

Kelly said...

The shoe sled made me laugh! Such a great idea. I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to understand the whole elf thing. I contemplated getting one this year, but at 16 months I think she'd be more interested in chewing it than seeing where it is every morning. Hopefully next year.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I love the Rudolph outfit! You are too creative!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

wow, i feel like i need an elf just to move around, would that be weird? i love in the shoe being pulled by the reindeer!

and thanks for the shout out!!

The Far Fifty said...

The pipe cleaner antlers and red nose is my favorite. Wait, no, your bangs are favorite!

Dana Frieling said...

Your elf is far more creative than ours. Maybe they need to have a little chat!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your elf is way more amusing than ours, who forgets to come out and play each night!! Super cute picture of you, you're rocking the bangs, girl!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

These are hilarious! My fave is Lollie in the shoe/sleigh. I love seeing these on Pinterest and from Facebook friends...I think the parents have more fun with it than the kids! Sadly, our little elf stayed in the closet this year, and the kids haven't even noticed. :(

Good Time Charlie said...

This is so cute. Chauncey would have loved this ;)

Elle Noel said...

The Elf in the running shoe was by far my faborite! How creative! Hope you're having a great day lady!

www.ellenoel.com

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

The Elf is so much fun...What a great idea someone had!!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

lollygag is one of my favorite words! I so wish elf on the shelf had been around when jamie was small. I know I would have had a lot of fun with it. LOVE all your pics Cassie. Lollie is quite mischievous!
gail

Eclectically Vintage said...

I think I spotted Lollie at 3am in my house the other night -- embracing Hot Tamale!

I think Lollie needs a curfew -he's such a bad influence!
Kelly

Kara @ June & Bear said...

i totally dropped the ball on the elf this year. looks like lollie is having a ton of fun.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I love your Lollie creativity :) so fun! (and I LOVE your bangs - LOVE! So pretty :) )

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Lollie needs to come play at our house... You look like a freakin' model in those bangs, yo.

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

This is all I could think of when I read the title:'"Lollie gags on What?

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

Those are awesome :D Our elf, Mr. Jangles, is boooring. Every year I think I'm going to be creative and it doesn't happen. practically each night I find myself shooting up out of bed and frantically running down stairs to move him because I forgot about it again.

Allison said...

How fun! You are so clever Cassie. I bet the kids are having a ball each day. The sled is genius.

Andrea said...

That Lollie sure gets around. So fun and still really digging your bangs!

Ali Richardson said...

Go Lollie Go! Love that silly elf :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Lollie's so much fun!

D said...

These are so cute, love it. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Marina PĂ©rez said...

I love your blog, how can I became follower? please

Marina