Friday, December 7, 2012

Move over Deer, Owl, Fox, and Hedgie....

We are going to veer off from all the Holiday themed posts for the day (just a little).  You all know I love woodland creatures, right?  Emmy's room definitely shows it, but I have a deep love for deer, owls, foxes, squirrels.... anything cute and cuddly that lives in the forest.  I have noticed that skunks haven't been "all the rage" as all the others have been.  A few weeks ago,  picked up the CUTEST vintage wooden pin that is an adorable little skunk.  I made it into a magnet and had to keep it.  I don't have a picture handy as it is 10 pm Thursday when I just decided to write this post.  I was going to leave you high and dry, but I think it's time we brink on the skunk!

I checked out etsy for some adorable handmade and vintage skunkage.

From Allenbrite Studio
Skunk Christmas Stocking in Red by Allenbrite Studio


From SquaresvilleUSA
HoLiDAY SaLE nos Vintage Skunk Christmas Card Novelty

From Oola Designs
Skunk Kitchen Towel -Green

From Savage Seeds
Eco Friendly Woodland Personalized Forest Critter with Initial Heart- Fox- Raccoon- Bear- Rabbit- Fawn- Wolf- Skunk-Owl- Squirrel

From Made With Love By Hannah
winter woods skirt - charcoal gray - bare trees hand screen printed velveteen with skunk brooch

From Kayla Skogh
Halloween Skunk Superhero: Fine Art Print
So what do you think?  Are you with me?  How can you say no to that sweet little face above?

Well, I am off to the barn!  And then after that off to family fun night at the neighbor's for a white elephant gift exchange.  I made mustache mugs and got my recipient a Dunkin Donuts gift card to go with it.  Of course, I happened to have a vintage white elephant, so my lucky recipient will be a proud owner of said white elephant as well.  He he.
Have a great day!

Photobucket

21 comments:

The Far Fifty said...

Alright, I dig it! You're bringing Skunky back!

Julia Konya said...

I'm so with you on that!
I love the forrest creatures too. Skunks are so adorable and actually the smell doesn't bother me that much! This is always a big discussion for me and my husband. I had never smelled a skunk, since we don't have them in Germany. Love those little guys!
My favorites are the felt pillows!

Megan said...

Those are soooo cute!!!!! I want that little stocking!

Dana Frieling said...

I can jump on board with the skunk thing! Your gift sounds like one that wouldn't actually be too bad to walk away with. I ALWAYS get the worst gift there ;)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Those skunks are way cuter than the ones that sometimes visit my neighborhood!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You convinced me with that cute green pom-pom towel! Just look, don't smell though, right? :)

DecorandtheDog said...

I was wondering what the next "it" animal would be. Trendsetter. You are like the next Pantone. Everyone will be looking for you for 2014's animal prediction.

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Those are all adorable. I had a friend who had pet skunks, they were descented, and were so sweet and adorable! They used a litter box, like a cat, and would stamp their little feet to demand attention, lol.

pam {simple details} said...

The green towel with pom-poms has me thinking skunks are pretty cute! Have fun!

Anne said...

Okay I am with you! So cute!
xx
Anne

Jane Craske said...

I'm there with you as long as the skunk isn't in my backyard like last night C:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

And who doesn't love Pepe' Le Pew? I love those stuffed woodland animals!

caviardreamsblog said...

So cute.

jackie jade said...

aww the little skunks are so cute!!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Never thought I'd say these words, but... that's a cute skunk!

Allison said...

I will now think of skunks in a whole new light! That is a fun towel with the pom pom trim. Enjoy your weekend Cassie!

Kelly said...

I think you could single-handedly make skunks the next big thing. Do it!

homeseasonsdecor said...

Cute holiday skunk!

Savage Seeds said...

Many Thanks for featuring my Skunk & Forest Critters! :)

Ali Richardson said...

Cute skunkies!! The "flower" the skunk ornie from bambi that I made sold today :) Love u friend! Happy barning :)

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I plum forgot to comment on this one.....doh! I am totally on board with the skunk :) SO cute (although smelly and actually kinda mean ;) ). You know that I share your love for woodland creatures, and the skunk can definitely join the woodsy party :) xo