Tuesday, December 4, 2012

POWW 117

Happy POWW!  Today is the day of the week we all get together and share our newest furniture makeovers.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for me!

Before we get to that, I have a couple of things to share.  First of all, as you can see from the button in my sidebar, I am a finalist in the Philadelphia Home Show next designer contest!  I entered sort of on a whim, and am glad I did!  The other finalists are the amazing Dana of Circa Dee, and Michael of Inspired by Charm, who I don't know yet, but follow on Pinterest along with 3 million other people. ;)  He has fabulous taste in pins, I do know that!

Secondly. recently I was interviewed by the lovely Jenai of Mymove.com and she shared a beautifully written article about my home and Holiday entertaining and decor.  Thank you so much for the beautiful article!  Click here to read the article.

And now to the party....
I have a simple little table to share with you today.   I bought this coffee table for $10 at a yard sale early in the fall...

I loved its shape and the cross bar on the bottom.  I tried to keep the leather top at first, but it just was not in great shape, so I decided to paint over it.  I sanded the piece lightly and gave it three coats of General Finishes milk paint in linen.  I lightly distressed the edges to make the details show up more.  And finally, I gave it a coat of clear wax for protection.   Here it is now!




I love this little coffee table!  It has such a versatile shape and finish and could work well in so many spaces!  I could not fit this piece into our barn space for our sale this coming weekend, so it will be available in January, most likely! :)

Now it's your turn to share your latest!

RULES, please.

RULES:
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower or subscriber to party here.
4. No etsy shops or the like!
5. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
6. Leave others some comment love!



Photobucket

24 comments:

Julia Konya said...

Congrats on being a finalist! How awesome! Love the table too!

Terri said...

Wow, a finalist, how exciting for you!!

Love this little table...I have seen leather top tables a lot but never even thought of painting over the top! Kudos to you!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Congratulations, Cassie. :) Your table looks great. Megan

Cathy Wall said...

Congrats Cassie, you deserve every accolade! LOVE the table, pop a stamp on that bad boy and send him my way would you?!

circadee.com said...

Cassie - how exciting that we're both finalists! Wouldn't it be fun if we could team up?

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

Congrats, Cassie! I'm so happy for you!

Dana Frieling said...

Yay! Much deserved recognition going on in your world. So excited for you, Cassie. Hope you win!

Mary said...

Congratulations on being a finalist Cassie! That is so exciting!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That's huge mamma, so happy for you!!! :)

Jenny said...

I love your table! I have one that looks very much like it that I've had *forever*, trying to figure out what to do with it. Love how yours came together!!

Bliss said...

I believe.

Bliss

Good Time Charlie said...

Wow! So exciting to be a finalist in such a fun contest! Congrats! I love, love, love that table, the casters put it over the top. Good luck, but I don't think you need it! -K

Ali Richardson said...

PRETTY! I love those little casters :) XOXO

Jennifer {The Chronicles of Home} said...

Love those little wheels! And, Cassie, the Philadelphia Home Show?! That's huge!! Congrats!

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Cassie,
The coffee table turned out fabulous. I didn't know you can paint over leather? At least I've never tried. Congrats on everything! Enjoyed your feature on mymove.com. Lovely Christmas decorations.
Cheers,
Loi

Catherine said...

Hi Cassie - I love that table it looks beautiful!

I've accidentally linked a project that isn't furniture, and for the life of me I can't see how to delete it! So if you can delete it from your end, go ahead! Sorry - got carried away!

Allison said...

I'm so excited and happy for you Cassie! Great news on being a finalist! That is big news! The coffee table looks pretty in the new coat of paint. Lovely job...as always!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That coffee table is a classic - so pretty! And congrats on your exciting news!

Julie Chen said...

I love your coffee table transformation Cassie! So pretty. Thanks for hosting. x julie

Sayuri said...

Congratulations on being a finalist!
Your table is pretty too!

This is my first time here to link up,looks like a great party!!
I'm your newest follower:)

Hugs,
Sayuri@ vintage breeze

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Sweet little table, Cass! I didn't know you could paint over leather!! How did you seal the top? Or did you?
Finally a piece to link up!
xo Heidi

Courtney said...

Congrats Cassie on becoming a finalist!! thats awesome...and so well deserved :)
Beautiful table update too!

Courtney said...

PS good luck picking your fave's this week...think you've got your work cut out for you;-0

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

So here's a ridiculous fact about me... when I was little, I was SO jealous of other little girls with bangs. I really wanted them but I thought they were something you were born with like blonde or brunette, curly or straight. I thought they just stopped growing at that length. No I was not in special education.