Tuesday, December 11, 2012

POWW 118: A Furniture Link Party

Happy POWW!!!  I am soooo excited about my little project today.  A couple weeks ago when I did the party features, I shared two awesome Christmas chairs.

This one from Lake Girl Paints...

And this one from A Vintage Fairy....

These amazing chairs had me hungering for my very own Christmas chair.  I found this chair on freecycle, that needed some love....

I gave it the love it needed and here is what I came up with....


It's my Swedish inspired red Christmas chair!  For all of the details on how I repaired and painted the chair with one of my all time favorite reds (You will want to read about it- no priming and only 3 coats of red, that's pretty good!), head on over to The DIY Club.  All the details about the repairs, paint, distressing, and finish are over there.

And I am so excited because I am KEEPING this one!!  It will give us extra holiday seating it adds a little festive cheer to the corner of our living room.

Before you link up your furniture project, remember to head over Before Meets After for a Christmas Craft today as part of "A Crafty Christmas"!   And remember to share your own crafty Christmas projects at our link party.  Here is a little peek at Lisa's project...



And now your turn to share your FURNITURE PROJECTS.  Please remember the rules...

RULES:
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower or subscriber to party here.
4. No etsy shops or the like!
5. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
6. Leave others some comment love!
Photobucket

25 comments:

Julia Konya said...

I love all the Christmas chairs!

Deb Hrabik said...

Your chair is perfect in that corner. Such a sweet setting. Love the red against all of the white.
Thanks!
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Jenny said...

I love your sweet chair! So festive and fun. I have a similar chair that I might have to give a facelift! Love it!

Ashleigh More said...

What a lovely colour. I love red!! Thanks for your comment on my Christmas garlands xox

Sarah @ Imperfect Patina said...

I love your red chair! Simple and festive!! Thanks for hosting!

michele said...

i love this chair and would love to create something similar for our home!

michele

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Love that little red chair, great pic of it :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet chair in a great shade of red! It looks perfect in your home, glad it's a keeper!

Dana Frieling said...

Love the whimsy of your Christmas chair, Cassie. It's sure to be a spot for Santa to sit a spell and take in your winter wonderland!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

What a cute idea!! I love giving every inch of the house a touch of Christmas decorations :)

Lisa said...

The red against the white is stunning! Love the chair!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Darling little chair!

Blessings,
Linda

Donna Heber said...

Your red chair is perfect for Christmas!

Ali Richardson said...

LOVE that sweet Sweish chair :) Love you too!!!!!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

I adore this chair, Cassie!! So sweet and festive!
xo Heidi

Allison said...

I love your little red chair. I think every house needs a red chair at Christmas. That is a perfect spot you have it. Looks so pretty.

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

It appears all that mucking around yesterday was totally worth it, I love furniture redo's :) Thanks for the party!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

What a cute Christmas chair! That does look like the perfect shade of red.

Julie Boarder said...

Love your chair, not over the top, but very festive.

I'm linking a stool my 12 year old made and finished, not the most structurly sound, but it sure does look cute (oh, I might be biased!) Thanks so much for hosting.

Karen Albert said...

Cassie I adore your red chair and then the first with Santa is wonderful as well! How fun!

2012 Artists Series,
xoxo
Karena

Jessica White said...

I love this idea! I would have never thought to dress up my chairs in this way for a holiday.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my wreath!
Jessica @ A Humble Creation

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

What a cute chair now! Great project and I live that Santa chair too :)

Lina

Courtney said...

Beautiful chair Cassie!! just love it :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

The red chair is great! Love the color, love the words.

Crys Green said...

Your Swedish-inspired chair came out SO darling!!