Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's Under My Tree

You all know I am a huge fan of handmade gifts! Today I am over at remodelaholic sharing some of my favorite hand made gifts from the last couple years.  Hop on over to check it out!
Here is a little peek of one of my favorite items.  Last year I made candles in vintage containers like jars and china.  This year I used some fin thrifted vintage glassware....

How fun are those quatrefoil ones and and those lacy ones!!!

Head on over to Remodelaholic for the full list of easy home made gifts you can make.

While we are talking what's under the tree, I thought I would share my gift wrap this year as well as my new Christmas tree skirt!!!!  Kathleen from Between Blue and Yellow creates gorgeous furniture and also gorgeous tree skirts.  I spied them on her blog and asked if she would take an order, and she did!  So I put in my order and just love my new ruffly skirt!  It's perfect and the color works well with my rug.  I wanted to stay neutral since my Christmas tree color schemes have a tendency to change. :)

Look at those ruffles!


Last year I picked up this adorable red and white polka dot paper at Hobby Lobby after Christmas on sale.  I loved its simplicity.  I also picked up the striped sacks the same day.  Luckily it all works perfectly with my red and green tree. :)  Here is the tree to refresh your memory:
I really wanted to use baker's twine to tie up my packages and add the tags on, but I happened to be at Jo-ann's when I spied this think red, green, and white yard that had a baker's twine look to it.  It was on sale and I had a coupon, so of course I bought it!  To create the tags, I just used a circle punch and white cardstock to mimic the polka dot look.  I used little mini Christmas stamps to embellish the simple tags.  Sawyer helped me with this, so some are a little crazy.

And now I have gotten almost all my presents wrapped!  That feels good!  How bout you?  Are you done shopping?  Are you wrapped?  Are you FREAKING OUT!?!?!

Don't forget the Christmas craft link party is still going on!  And today you can hop over to Cherished Bliss to check out her Christmas craft tutorial for these cute place cards!
DIY Christmas Place Cards tutorial via Cherishedbliss.com #christmas


Photobucket

32 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That yarn is really cute. I'm done shopping I think..but I have a feeling I'll be running out for someone I missed at some point. :)

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Beautiful tree, Love the candles. I love handmade too, more than 50% of mine are handmade this year

Dana Frieling said...

Our posts go hand-in-hand this morning! And, now that I've seen your wrapping, your "not really good at wrapping" excuse doesn't hold water. ha!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

I LOVE the candles in the vintage glasses. How cool is that!

Angela

pam {simple details} said...

You've got a fun & festive polka dot party going on over there! I bought the same in b & w! :) Totally FREAKING here!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Oh yes, officially freaking out.

Love your wrapping. Adorable!

DecorandtheDog said...

Ooo, polka dots. I'm 3 presents short of done shopping. And half wrapped. That is like a record for me. *pats self on back*. I like the use of yarn on the packages. Very clever.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Love the whole tree, and the skirt and gifts look so cute together!

Jacqueline said...

I love the tree and the skirt! Ours is tacky and the dog tries grabbing the detail on it. I'm not done with shopping at all and I haven't wrapped anything! Eekk. My space and etsy are keeping me busy. Hows your space going?

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

LOve your tree, the pretty skirt and the mix of stripes and dots - so fun! I'm never really done, but I'm relaxed and enjoying it all!

Eclectically Vintage said...

I'm doing a bit of that freaking out thing! Gotta go shop now!
Kelly

The Bold Abode said...

YES I AM FREAKING OUT! Barely just started... My mom was always up until 2 am Christmas morning wrapping presents and apparently I have inherited that lovely gene!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I am the #1 handicapped crafter!!! So admire those who have the patience !

Twice Nice said...

Freaking out seems to be a constant in my life these days! It wasn't always so.....sigh.

Dear Emmeline said...

nothing is wrapped yet over here! in fact we still need to get presents for our siblings. guess i know what top priority will be this weekend!

Jane Craske said...

Love the polka dots! I'm starting to wrap tonight. I actually started last week but small one unwrapped them all (as practise).

Ali Richardson said...

Sooooo pretty!!! I just bought the black paper with white polks dots at hob lob. You know, my black and white obsession. Lol. XOXO

GirlRural.com said...

I love the wrap! We are nearly finished shopping. We have a couple little things left to get but I'm trying to stay stress free.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love that wrapping paper! I haven't wrapped anything yet and I need to find some cute paper like that to inspire me!!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Pretty!! I love how all packages are wrapped the same. So chic! And that skirt is adorable. I heart ruffles!! The candles in glasses have won my heart. I have a slight candle obsession. A slight quatrefoil obsession. & a slight obsession with that little duck glass ;) love them! You are awesome!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Cute idea for candles, how smart! I have been wanting to buy a tree skirt for years but never pull the trigger...I just wrap some fabric around it. Yours is so pretty!
Nothing wrapped so freaking out:)

Allison said...

The tree skirt is so pretty. Kathleen did a really nice job. I love ruffles and I love polka dots. Your packages look beautiful Cassie. You are super organized with Christmas! I'm getting there....

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Everything looks so great! I love your packaging!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Cassie, your red and white polka dot paper is so much fun! And how creative to find and use the yarn! I love it all!

homeseasonsdecor said...

Beautiful tree skirt! Especially love the ruffles!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

I love the tree skirt so pretty but the paper is so cool, I love post christmas sales

A Vintage Fairy said...

Thanks so much for visiting! I love your tree skirt!

SmithShack71 said...

I maybe, kinda, just a little bit hate ya right now. Just Kidding! I've just barely begun the shop and wrap biznass of Christmas.
sigh.

-Angie :)

Hilary said...

Yout comment made me as happy as a squirrel as a nut today and I just wanted to say thank you. :) Your blog is absolutely amazing. So glad I landed here. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love that skirt. I'm going to try out an old quilt. And your polka dot paper makes me smile! I went to start wrapping and couldn't find any paper, and here I thought I had bought some on clearance last year!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I love the polka dotted paper against that gorgeous ruffled skirt and yes, pretty twine which ties all the colors together.

Katie said...

I love the wrapping paper theme this year! I thought the yarn was baker's twine! Coming up with a theme each year is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! :)