Monday, January 21, 2013

I Work With Some of the Nicest People ( And some dollhouse updates)

Happy Inaugural Monday!!! This past weekend was the Stylish Patina barn sale that Sarah and I participate in with our vintage business, Persephone.  We are very blessed to have a fabulous team of creative and talented vendors. (Check out who's there in my sidebar!)  Sarah and I both worked Saturday and it was ridiculously busy, in a very good way!  We left that evening with a sparse looking space, so I popped in Sunday morning to fill it with the boxwood sideboard.  Well, I took it out of my car and carried it to my space and then promptly hauled it back out to a customer's car.  I never even got to set it up, but hey, I am not complaining!  I just didn't expect January to be so busy, so it was a pleasant surprise.  Anyhow, Saturday, Sarah and I were lucky enough to work with Terri and Traer.  Terri is not a vendor there, but is a huge help in running the business.  She is a joy to work with, keeps everything organized, and is so sweet and warm!  She had seen Emmy's dollhouse and brought in some adorable wooden adirondack chairs for Emmy to have!  Aren't they just adorable?

Traer has a blog called Traerloves, where she showcases her projects and her own home.  She is amazingly talented and creative, and has a huge heart for such a tiny body!  Here she is- isn't she cute?
Traer Beaudette

Apparently, people like to shower me with gifts... Ok, maybe not the case, but Traer brought in this adorable little craft set for me because she knew I would love it.

Let's see.... glitter, check; deer, check; toadstools, check!  Yes indeed, I love it!!!  I can't wait to put it to  good use!

And just so you can see some of Traer's own handiwork, check out this chair.... STUNNING!  It sold this weekend and I am not surprised!



And finally, of course, I got to work with my own partner in crime, Sarah!  Sarah and I are just 10 days away from our one year anniversary as business partners!  We are so excited and have enjoyed our journey so far and are looking forward to where it may lead us.  But I have to say, I discovered just a couple weeks ago that Sarah has been hiding something from me.  I've known her for a couple years now, and just when you think you know someone..... ya know?  We went to the thrift shop and there it was that I discovered.... that Sarah has beautiful naturally curly hair (and we are talking like the pretty big waves kind)!!!  And she has been hiding it!  What?!?!?!  Traer took this picture of us, and I really love it!  It was at the end of a busy work day, so pardon my weary expression, but look at Sarah's gorgeous hair!  I am glad that secret is now out in the open and we can move forward in our business ventures with full disclosure. :)  And in this picture I am wearing a new favorite WARM cozy sweater. It was a gift from Chris for Christmas, and is from Anthropologie.  I think it can look a little Mr. Rogers-ish, but I think that's also why I love it- warm and cozy and doesn't it make you want to be my neighbor?



























So I showed you Emmy's sweet new adirondack chairs, but she also received some more adorable furnishings for her birthday....
My parents gave her this cute wooden bathroom set, and we also added some lace curtains we had on hand from the old fragile dollhouse.
 And do you notice the rug?  I saw a fabulous idea at Life as a Thrifter, where Holly used granny squares as rugs.  When I saw that I recalled some adorable pieces that my Great Aunt Dot made.  They were intended to be dish cloths, but I always thought they were too pretty for wiping dishes, and never used them.  She passed away a couple years ago, but not before she got to meet Emmy and Sawyer.  I am sad that they only got to meet once.... She was an important lady in my life, and a model of strength and generosity.  I am happy that Emmy gets to have this little part of her in the dollhouse.  Her little dish cloths make perfect area rugs!
 My parents also gave Emmy this cute little wooden living room set, mixed in the the tables I painted for her and some baskets I found at Goodwill.  I also found the little mirrors at Hobby Lobby and painted those.



My sister in law supplied Emmy with this adorable wooden kitchen set- the cabinets, microwave, refrigerator and stove, etc.... It even has a little trash can!  We set up the table and chairs I painted in the center and looks like Dad is having some cookies and milk!  Sawyer gave Emmy the doll family and the small kitchen accessories.

I pulled the cuckoo clock out of my old dollhouse stash and we put that on the wall, too.
 And of course outside on the "porch" the adirondack chairs sit, alongside the doghouse and dog.  My parents also gave Emmy a little pet set complete with a dog, cat, and bunny.

And here is one happy girl in one too small nightgown playing with her dollhouse!

Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!  We have no school today through Wednesday... with playdates scheduled each day!  So we have a busy and fun filled week ahead!
Photobucket

33 comments:

Julia Konya said...

I love the cute adirondack chairs.
Boo, my kids have school today because of Sandy :(
I wish I would have a great barn sale around here where I could sell. You are lucky.
I'll go and check out your friend's blog now.

Renee said...

I want to play with that doll house!!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Busy is good! Congrats to your success. As for that dollhouse, LOVE IT! I would have loved one just like it as a little girl.

Jennifer {The Chronicles of Home} said...

The dollhouse is just too adorable. The new furniture is so cute, and that cuckoo clock is the sweetest touch. So glad the sale this weekend was a great success! Hope you have a good start to the week :)

Allison@FabRehab said...

Yay for a successful sale!! The dollhouse pics remind me of my youth! So fun!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos said...

Congrats on a successful sale and having a fun partner to work with!

My father built a dollhouse for my sister and I when we were little. Best present ever! It's in my basement, waiting for me to do some repairs to it. Not sure my boys will be into it, but perhaps a granddaughter will appreciate it someday :)

Love the adirondack chairs!

Feral Turtle said...

Congratulations on a successful sale! Glad everything went so well, and that you have an amazing partner to work with! That dollhouse is to die for. How nice that family and friends could help furnish it! Have a great week! Cheers.

decorumdiyer said...

All of the homemade and heartfelt touches to the dollhouse make me swoon. What a wonderful assemblance of layered heirlooms and treasures. This is sure to be a dollhouse to bring joy to many generations.

Lisa Mahan said...

The dollhouse is adorable and I love how you decorated it!

amber-wills said...

That cuckoo clock is the cutest thing ever! You're really making me want to start on one for Ramona.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How awesome that the Barn has been such a blessing to you - not only a place to sell your wares but also to meet new and like-minded people. So cool!
And Emmy's dollhouse is more fabulously furnished than any home I know!! Lucky girl!

Andrea said...

You do work with some amazing people! Love Sarah's hair. I can't believe she was hiding that. The dollhouse is so adorable. So cool that your were able to add something of your grandmother's.

Holly Browning said...

I bet you can't get Emmy to do anything else except play with that doll house. Adirondack chairs!? Quaint!

Ali Richardson said...

LOVE that pic of you and Sarah :) Seriously friend, the cooooolest dollhouse ever! XOXO

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Who knew there was so many awesome pieces out there for a doll house. I am very envious of your daughter. If I ever make it for a visit you'll find me on the floor playing with Emmy and the dolls:)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Emmy is one happy and lucky girl! The doll house and all it's furnishings are precious....and meaningful!
Your Sale sounds like it was more than a Winner! Congratulations!

17 Perth said...

Fun!! Enjoy your week!! A few days off--no doubt they are loving that! I love the additions to her little dollhouse. Those adirondack chairs are ridiculously cute! It is awesome that yall are that busy!! Not surprised that sideboard didn't last long. And yes, would love to be your neighbor. HA.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So glad you girls have such a great weekend! And Emmy's house is getting so cute and cozy!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Yes, I want to be your neighbor! :) Happy almost one year anniversary with Sarah, and I remember having a nightgown I would not let my mother get rid of until it just wouldn't pull over my head. LOL

Kelly said...

The cuckoo clock is my favorite! That is one stylin' dollhouse.

Catherine said...

I love hearing about your business - I'm glad it's going so well. And that your pieces sell like hot cakes! Though I'm not surprised!

Dear Emmeline said...

Absolutely love that craft set from Traer. Any clue where she picked it up? I'm in need of some mushrooms for a terrarium!

Dear Emmeline said...

p.s. glad you had a great sale. Too bad I wasn't on top of my game and had nothing there for this sale!

DecorandtheDog said...

Way to rock the Mr. Roger's sweater! It looks beyond warm and I am beyond cold right now.

I am loving Emmy's doll house. It's perfect!!

And I'm glad to hear the shop is doing so well. Keep it rolling!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

I'm sorry Cassie - I'll never keep secrets from you again! :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That rug is the cutest. I'm so in love with that little house.

Bliss said...

I don't wanna grow up. I'm gonna take a cross country trip, stop at your house and Holly's and play doll house.

Bliss

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, that dollhouse and the decor brings back memories of my Barbies ~ the hours I spent decorating their house and dressing them!

Congrats to you and partner in crime!

Allison said...

Wish I was teeny tiny...I want to move right in that dollhouse! It is so adorable. So is Emmy! Great photo of you and Sarah. Yes, she does have pretty hair and Chris did a nice job picking out that sweater for you. It looks cozy and comfy.

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Yes - I do want to be your neighbor! ;) That doll house is just too darn cute! The new "rugs" are priceless - and so special too!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Okay, first of all, I'm so not surprised that people are buying your beautiful furniture recreations even before you can get them out of the parking lot! Second, love the sweater and I would love to be your neighbor. Third, I'm loving the doll house! I always wished I had one of my own ...

:) Linda

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Emmy's dollhouse stuff is incredibly cute --everything in there looks PERFECT!!!
(and I love you in that sweater and I DO want to be your neighbor :) xo & Chris gets you stuff at Anthro!? So awesome!)

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Ah, jealous -- I was hoping for a snow day. :)
Knew that boxwood piece wouldn't last!! And how cute is Emmy's doll house? Like a mini HGTV Dream Home. :)
xo Heidi