Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My 12 Favorite Posts of 2012, Month by Month

I have seen everyone's amazing yearly round up, and I feel I am slightly overdue for one!  I have gone through each month of the past year and chosen my own personal favorite post from that month.  Enjoy!

January:  My craft closet, inspired by my friend Carmel.  Amazingly, it looks pretty much the same today!

February: Sharing my story of rape, and its aftermath.  Maybe not my favorite topic of discussion, but I think it connected with so many people on so many levels and is worth the mention.

March: Without a doubt, Emmy's woodland room reveal.  It has been tweaked here and there since, but this room is a favorite of mine!




April: Sawyer's Star Wars room reveal.  I love decorating kids rooms; can you tell?


May: I painted a lot of fun turquoise pieces in May, including my own dresser, but I loved this fun chair- the red chevron with turquoise paint.... love!

June: Tiffany and I ran a series on blog etiquette which we were both proud of and we thought it was helpful to readers.

July: Definitely this orange dresser... I just loved it and was really proud of its outcome.


August: My master bedroom reveal, which has gotten some new additions since such as a huge map.



September: The map wall in the playroom- I still am in love with it!  We all have fun when we have guests over looking at all the maps!  The room has made some progress since then, too!



October: The popular favorite is the map table I did which is by far my most pinned project ever, but my own favorite is the black coffee table I had no plans of keeping until I staged it for pictures.  It's still in our living room....


November: Making some more rustic changes in the dining room.... adding in the darker sideboard I kept.


December: Definitely my holiday home tour is my favorite!  I love Christmas so much, and I love all the decorations, the crafts... all of it!

There is something very satisfying in looking through these projects I have done this year.... there is definitely a sense of accomplishment!  I hope at the end of 2013, I will have some pretty pictures to share of things I have done, but mostly I hope I have lots of fond memories with my family to share!  And just because I can....


Photobucket
I am sharing this at Tatertots and Jello!

31 comments:

Julia Konya said...

Wow, love all the projects. You know I love Emmy and Sawyer's rooms. And my kids do too ;)

Heather Inspired said...

Oh you've done so much! I loved your kids rooms - beautiful! Good luck and all the best for 2013!

Feral Turtle said...

Cheers to a wonderful year ahead and a fantastic blog!

Ange said...

The kids rooms are really the best, love them! Everything was great though, really. A good mix of heart, home and hope! That's what I love about you!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

Cassie,

You are so amazing and brave and talented. I loved looking back on your year. Your courage and fantastic style is inspiring.

Angela

Eclectically Vintage said...

You go girl - love Emmy's room and that map wall and that blue dresser and ... oh, everything!
Here's to an amazing 2013!
Kelly

Bella said...

Don't know how you can choose with so many great posts. First and foremost I love the kids rooms! Your sideboard is gorgeous, I'm currently on the hunt for 1 just like it. AND all your holiday decor posts are always such fun and I love your style. Don't even get me started on your furniture pieces because I covet WAY too many. Looking forward to another year of great inspiring posts!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I'm in awe at just the sampling of things you've done this year! I had forgotten about that orange dresser and I don't know how I did! It's b-e-a-utiful! PS Emmy's hat is awesome. :)

Mary said...

I absolutely adored visiting your blog. There is so much inspiration here. Looking forward to my 2013 visits.

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh--that photo of your kiddos is just too cute. Haha. Love her hat!! I think I need one--haha..okay--actually scratch that!

But--I love so many of these posts too! That map room is by far one of faves!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Looks like an amazing year Cassie! Lots of inspiration!

Beth said...

What an amazing year! You are so talented. I can't wait to see what 2013 holds for you:)!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

What a great year!! The wolf hat is adorable! Josie has a horse hat - of course ;)

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Wow!! You really killed it this year...fabulous projects!

Ali Richardson said...

GREAT roundup friend! I love each and every one of those too! Love u!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

What a great year! You had so many incredible makeovers!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

You had a really productive year, my friend. And now I need to go back and read your Feb. post. I had no idea you had to endure such a terrible tragedy ...

Linda

Allison said...

You had a busy 2012! What a darling photo of Sawyer and Emmy. So so cute.

Kelly said...

That was an incredible year! I think Sawyer's room might be my fave. I might be checking in for inspiration when I start decorating for Weston's room... if Andy gets his way on the theme. :)

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Yay, what a fun round-up, Cassie!! Happy New Year!
xo Heidi

amber-wills said...

What a busy year! Thanks for the round up and for sharing your life! Personal posts are always difficult but it feels better to share and support each other. Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings!

Amber @ Wills Casa

Dear Emmeline said...

so many great posts Cassie! I adore your kid'd rooms and I think Emmy's room is how I found your blog! :) The orange dresser, buffet, and your room were some of my other favorites this year too!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

I love your master bedroom and that map wall. And that's too funny about you not wanting to keep the table until you were photographing it. :)

Catherine said...

What a create collection Cassie - and what a great year! I love the map wall, definitely my favourite!

Bliss said...

My favorite hands down is two smiling kids, but coming in a close second is the dining room and the sideboard.

Bliss

DecorandtheDog said...

I'm trying to pick a favorite..and I can't.

Your kids appear to be so sweet to one another. Is this the case? If so, I am amazed.

Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} said...

Aghhh- I love that map wall! I must have missed the original post. Ok, now I need to hunt down about 15 vintage maps...

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

You've done some wonderful things! I love the map wall~I don't think I'd ever get tired of looking at something like that. Very cool.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

It was a very good year at Primitive & Proper!

Tanya from Dans le Townhouse said...

WHEN do you have time to sleep??? Amazing projects, all year long.

Nancy Esmade said...

nice blog, it is well decorated..what a great blog you have..thanks a lot for sharing

basin mixer