Happy Monday!!! I am so excited that today is Monday the 25th. This date has been on my calendar for over a month..... I am meeting up with one of my favorite bloggers, Julia from Cuckoo 4 Design for some thrifting adventures and lunch! I am so excited to meet Julia in person! She has great style and seems like my kind of girl. :)
Today I want to share with you a subtle dresser makeover, but before I do I have a couple fun photos to share with you from this weekend....
Sawyer had a basketball game this weekend, and my parents came to watch. My dad has been teaching Sawyer how to use his camera and let him take some pictures of his teammates...
I also worked on some projects last Friday including some frames that are ready for the next barn sale, and this piece which is almost ready. Here's a little peek.
When I saw my parents they brought me this fox pillow that was a Christmas present from my brother and his fiancee (I love saying that!). They know me so well, don't they? It looks PERFECT with my other pillows! If you are interested in ordering your own or seeing what else this fun shop has to offer, check out Robin and Mould on Etsy. By the way, the other side says "F is for Fox". So cute!
And as I mentioned, Project Hallway plans included a gallery wall of the kids art. I headed to Ikea yesterday to gather my frames and got busy as soon as I got home. I was slightly excited about it! I'm hoping to get some better pictures for you soon, but for now, here is it in our hallway!
Anyhow, that was fun with random photos.... now on to our post!
A few weeks ago I picked up this dresser from a friend of mine.
It really was in great shape, and the finish was nice, but it was just too "golden oak" for me and needed an update. I planned on painting the body with French Linen chalk paint and keeping the drawers as they were. I applied a coat of the paint and was devastated that after a day I could just scratch it right off. I decided to give it a sanding and just paint it all over. But first to remove the paint I decided a wet rag would be easier removal than scraping. I set out to work and ended up loving the look that was achieving. So I still sanded it lightly, and then mixed French linen paint and water and brushed on and wiped off to give the dresser an overall rustic wash. Finally I finished it with a clear wax.
I don't think these photos show it off to well, so I grabbed a picture of it staged in the barn as I think it makes it look better.
I really love how a simple change took it from a little outdated to updated with a rustic look. And I love how sometimes, things just work out by accident!
And now off to meet Julia- YAY!