Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Graphite Dining Table and Barn Sale Preview

Sarah and I spent a few hours at the barn yesterday getting our space prepped and stocked for this weekend's barn sale.  Before I share with you the pictures of our space, I wanted to show you a dining table I painted and brought over yesterday.  I picked it up at a thrift shop for a decent price.  It was wobbly and needed some tightening, but I fell in love with the shape of its legs....


As you can see, I had my graphite chalk paint ready to attack!  I gave it two coats, lightly distressed it, and then used a satin finish polycrylic over it.  I went this route rather than wax because it is a dining table and I thought it would be more durable.  And I needed Chris' help to move it for a photo..... which didn't happen.  So here it is in the driveway before we loaded it. ;)



Disregard the mess of cords and tools in the background.  I don't know who made such a mess.  Just look at the pretty legs... ooooh.

I brought this table with me yesterday, and Sarah and I prettied up our whole space.  I thought I would share with you some preview pics for this weekend!

You've already seen this dresser....

This little green chest was once in my foyer, but was replaced by my navy drop leaf desk.... It was time to stop hoarding it just because it's so little and cute!  And Sarah painted this adorable similarly sized numbered chest.  Love it!  We had some fun setting up this area with blues and greens, using the glassware to help catch the light from the window.  I also painted a couple of chalkboard cutting boards.





Sarah bought this buffet which was a set with the table I bought, so she pained it similarly.... it's STUNNING, isn't it?  I painted the little gray table and will share that soon.  We loved how this display came together with the soft grays, moody sideboard, and gold touches in the frames.  The large gray one is a mirror that I have also been hoarding... time to let it go.  Sigh.

A closer look at the gray mirror and gold frames....

Sarah painted this adorable blue table... I am in love with its shape and details!

We stacked it on a petite coffee table on top of the black sideboard I painted.

We grouped a collection of milk glass in this area...


Here is the dining table, with a gorgeous French table Sarah painted on top, and a pair of French caned chairs.




We are all set for this weekend and are looking forward to a great sale!  Sarah and I will both be working Saturday from 10-5 and would love to see you if you are local!  The barn is open 10-5 this Friday through Sunday.  For even more pictures from the entire barn, visit the Stylish Patina Facebook page!

And now, have a happy happy Tuesday!  I am headed off to one of my least favorite activities.... a dentist appointment.  Ick.

Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays

43 comments:

Suzan Sweatman said...

Are you a MACHINE lol?
How do you manage to do so much?
It's gorgeous Cassie - like everything you do!
XOX

reFresh reStyle said...

I love it all Cassie! I wish I were your neighbor :)

Laura Janning said...

one day I am going to have to take a road trip and venture your way to see all of your amazing pieces. Good luck at the sale.

Jaime Costiglio said...

Cassie that grey table is stunning, so sleek and stately. And my favorite is the old school GREEN chalkboard, I think my next pot will be the original green color. Have fun at the dentist, I too dread those days.

Julia Konya said...

I love the grey table. You know the color is right down my alley.
You are such a busy bee.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Great stuff, Cassie and your display is perfection. Pinning this post as inspiration for my booth styling! You rock and I bet every piece sells. :)
xo Heidi

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Great stuff Cassie, in love with the gray table and that lil green dresser

Terri said...

Love the table...it turned out beautiful! Hope you have a great sale this weekend!!

The Refeathered Roost said...

Cassie,
You have so many pretty pieces. The display looks so inviting. I know I would be spending time in your area looking at everything. I think the care taken to design a booth can make or break what goes out the door with the customer. Wish I could be there...several of your things would be walking out the door with me.
melinda

The Far Fifty said...

Wish I could swing for some shopping, everything looks great!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Oh how I wish you lived closer, or I lived closer. We would have furniture parties, and decorate our homes, and drink, and it would be lovely. Sigh.

Decor & Harmony said...

The table looks great along with everything else....Rock on girl!

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing - it all looks amazing! I'm sure you will have a wildly successful sale, and I only wished I lived closer so I could do a little shopping myself!

Cathy Wall said...

You two are quite the productive girls! Love the graphite table, hope it sells quickly and that the week-end is a great success!

Denise Sabia said...

love it all! especially the graphite table. One of these days I'm gonna road trip out there to your barn sale!
denise

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, the fun I could have coming up with chairs and fabric to pair with that gorgeous table! You know that fab vignette with gold frames is going to have be moved the second your booth opens! :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the choice of dark gray for the table! And everything in your booth looks so nice together. That shot of the frames is beautiful! Hope you girls have a great weekend!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Your space looks so so great! Good luck this weekend!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I love that table! It's almost exactly like two tables that I have. I'm about to strip one and restain, but that black paint sure does look sharp. You booth looks packed full of great stuff, hope you sell it ALL!

Spittin-Toad said...

Looks great and thanks so much for showing us!! I'm pinning to my "Lovely Displays" board. :)
Denise
PS: Wish I could be there!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love the shape and finish of that table! And you guys have a great milk glass collection going!

DecorandtheDog said...

Love the graphite. Question for you wise one: Whenever I use poly, my furniture is sticky...for a long time. Like months. What am I doing wrong?

And your booth is very welcoming. I like the color combos!

Twice Nice said...

I love, love, love that table! The booth looks so wonderful. Wishing you much success with this month's sale!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Everything is gorgeous! Hope the sale is a huge success.

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

The table turned out great, and your space looks fantastic! Wishing you many sales!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

You will have so much fun! It is hard work though. At my barn sale I sold out of most of my small the first day. They love the small tables too. Your dining table looks great and the buffet is to die for! Good Luck at the sale and the dentist!!

Gail Wilson said...

ooohh la la! everything looks fabulous! good luck to you both at the sale!
do you have any furniture dollies? They are the flat ones with four wheels and a pieces of carpet on the two ends? I can move anything with two of them. Seriously consider buying some if you don't have them. In fact, I should have included them in my tool post today.
have fun!

Upscale Downhome said...

Love the legs on that table! Your booth looks beautiful. Lots of success on your barn sale!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

I can see why you fell in love with the legs on that table- gorgeous! Good luck with the sale!

Ali Richardson said...

your space looks AWESOME!! I would snatch that dining table up in a heartbeat if I lived closer! Good luck at the dentist yo. No fun!
xoxo

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

Good luck with the sale...everything is gorgeous!

Nine Red said...

I LOVE the graphite color! That's beautiful.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Awesome array of furniture! Love that teeny tiny little dresser.

Simply Salvaged Restoration said...

Wow! You've been working hard! Everything looks amazing- The furniture is beautiful and the staging is perfect! Good luck at your sale!

Allison said...

That table is really beautiful Cassie! I have a spot for that if only I lived closer! Your space looks fantastic. Lots of fun and pretty treasures.

Hetty said...

Lovely items, Cassie, the milk glass is yummy too!

Katie said...

So many cute things Cassie!! You guys will rock it! I just love that blue dresser!!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE those legs!

Beth said...

I love that table. The color and those legs are perfect!! I hope you have a fantastic sale!

Kelly said...

It's becoming increasingly clear that the reason why I can't find amazing old furniture pieces with killer lines is that you're hoarding them all.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Cassie,

I am in LOVE with that table! Is the color an Annie Sloan color? Did you wax it afterwards? It looks just like a chalkboard....but so much better. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you!
karianne

Eclectically Vintage said...

Wishing you a fabulous weekend - and sales galore!!
Kelly

Good Time Charlie said...

I am week behind on reading post! I love the table, I love the way everything looks in your space. The dresser looks so cute with the banner across it. I hope you sold it all!