Friday, February 15, 2013

Insta-Friday!

Happy Friday!  Hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's Day!  I gave Chris a jar filled with at-home dates for him to redeem.... I call it the "poor wife's gift".  He gave me a plane ticket to anywhere I want to go by myself!  So I am in the process of nailing down dates, but am excited to head out to California to visit Ali and Lisa, and my brother and his awesome girlfriend!  I went a year and a half ago and had a blast and am looking forward to a repeat! :)  Maybe we will even get in some more karaoke...

I am totally un-motivated at the moment, so even though I actually have a stash of projects I could share with you the thought of writing about them is giving me the hives.  I also have a hallway to paint next week, and am dreading it!  Oh Motivation, where may ye be?  Come back to me.

In the meantime, I thought I would share some fun little snippets from the past couple weeks from instagram, just because.  If you follow me on instagram (cassie8978) then you have already seen these. And if you don't, well why not?  Don't you like me?  Do I annoy you?  Does this Instagram make me look fat?

Chris' jar-o-dates:

A milk glass vase that went to the barn though I am secretly hoping doesn't sell because I love its unique shape so much:

Found some awesome vintage horse paintings.... trying to decide if they will both be part of the master bedroom mini gallery wall or not (And this wall is evolving people, it's not done!):

Pucker up, butter cup!  Jake and I saw this cow on our walk yesterday:

A project peek:

I have been playing with my hair more... the French braid version:

The corn braid version(The corn braid is woven underneath instead of on top so the braid sits on top):

Playing with my water color pencils for the first time in maybe 8 years:

My best friend in Louisiana sent us a King Cake for Mardi Gras.  Sawyer found the baby:

Target, taunting me with this $9 clearance bath mat/rug which I did not buy because I am strong.  Take that, Target!

This girl sleeps in the best positions and lucky for you I like to take pictures of it:

She also struts her stuff.  Here she is modeling her acro costume for me:

Found this bar cart the other day at a thrift shop.  I won't even tell you what I paid for it because you will want to jump through the computer and b---h slap me.


The end.  Have a fabulous weekend!  And remember, if you are local head on over to the barn sale this weekend for some amazing stuff! :)  Sarah and I hope  to see you Saturday when we work!
Photobucket

28 comments:

SmithShack71 said...

Following you on instagram now!
I'm there @smithshack71
Have a great weekend!

-Angie

Julia Konya said...

I want a ticket to anywhere too :( How awesome is that?
Love the bar cart. H
Have a great barn sale this weekend!!!

Cathy Wall said...

Oh I can so relate to the lack of motivation some days as well as the case of the hives that you described when talking about writing a blog post! You make me giggle Cassie. BTW great to see your nook featured the other day on Brooklyn Limestone!

Feral Turtle said...

I think it happens to a lot of people after Christmas. The winter blahs lol. Love all your awesome pics!

Ange said...

Happy Valentines Day to you! What a great gift from Chris and I think your gift is just as wonderful, it's the love behind the gift, right? :) How did I not see the great horse pics? You know I love horsey pics,if you decide to sell them, let me know. Have a great weekend and maybe your mojo will find you, I need to paint the last of the oak trim in the house this weekend and I'm feeling the same way!

Dana Frieling said...

Chris knocked it out of the park. What a great gift! Sending you motivating thoughts...you can do it, you can do it!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love that cow pic and your gallery wall is lookin good sister!

Angela Santaniello said...

So many great pictures! Love the cart and the horse pictures/gallery wall. I hear you on the motivation. I really need to get something finished here. Love your hair braided. I totally don't think I could manage that on my own. Watercolor pencils are so fun to use, my youngest chooses them frequently at art class. And, your kids are super cute. There is so much personality that comes through in their pictures you share. :) Have a great weekend!
Angela

Between Blue and Yellow said...

That drawing looks just like the bath mat!

Jennifer Bridgman said...

A plane ticket anywhere? By yourself?? Can you give Chris my number so we can become friends? :) The pic of Emmy made me laugh, exactly like my 4 yr old sleeps! She has those same elephant jammies too :)

pam {simple details} said...

Love your jar of dates, but Chris wins!! That bar cart, you're keeping it, right? Insta Friday, I like it - not much writing either! :)

Upscale Downhome said...

Amazing bar cart...love the old brass...perfection!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Kudos to Chris on the plane ticket! I'm intentionally avoiding Instagram. I seriouly can not add another thing to my life - ha! Have a great weekend! My curtain making marathon with Megan continues.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love that cow shot! I will go follow you in IG. I am ahadley63.

And was it really 1 1/2 years ago? I remember that trip"

Rita said...

This is one of my all time favorite posts from you. I guess I'm a stalker that way haha!

Anna See said...

loved this fun hodge podge! that bar cart is awesome! still kicking myself for passing up its twin at my thrift shop 5 years ago. aaargh! hope the barn sale is wonderful!

Good Time Charlie said...

Love random posts like this. My motivation went down a black hole that I think is secretly connected to the washing machine. It also swallows socks. Yes, I WANT that bar cart!

Ali Richardson said...

I love all of your instagrams :) Oh - and I am so in love with your hubby for buying you a plane ticket to Cali. Like, I now have inappropriate feelings for him. lol. totally kidding. Emmy is looking so tall and lean in that pic. Sniff sniff. Babies growin' up! Love u!!!

Gail Wilson said...

fun pics cassie--you know I love seeing pics of the kiddos... but that cow was a pleasant surprise!

wow! a plane ticket! you lucky girl. how fun!
gail

Vintage Prairie Style said...

love all the pics cassie. i have to laugh about the motivation issue - i'm struggling over here too. i seriously need to finish painting baseboards. i just can't seem to will myself to do it! if you find some motivation will you please send a little my way.
keya

Renee said...

Such a fun post!! I got a similar present for Christmas. Headed out to Colorado to ski next month with my former college roommate...can't wait!

Allison said...

Such a sweet gift Chris gave you! That cow is adorable! What a wonderful up close and personal photo you took. You should frame that one. I am in love with your fox watercolor. You are a woman of many talents.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I don't have an instagram account (seems you need a smart phone for one of those and I, sadly, have a very dumb phone). So I enjoyed all the pics!

And what a great present you received! You've got a keeper!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friend!

:) Linda

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Such fun! So glad to read your first few paragraphs and know you ARE human...I honestly don't know how you crank out the stuff you do! Happy weekend to you.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Your cow pic made me laugh when I saw it on Instagram! Fun post, Cassie -- relax, your mojo will return! You're superwoman, remember?? ;-)
Hope the barn sale is a smashing success!
xo heidi

DecorandtheDog said...

I'd hide that milk glass in the back somewhere.

What a great Valentine's gift you received? I need your husband to talk to mine. Just saying.

Anne said...

Your so funny Cassie, hope you have a great sale weekend!
Anne

Catherine said...

That picture of Emme made me laugh! Emma is exactly the same - last night her head was hanging off and when I went to move her she lost it!

Have a great sale :)