Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Hallway: Baa Baa Black Sheep Wall


Happy Friday!  Before I get into my project reveal today, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom!!!!  Thank you for all you do, and for choosing to spend your birthday weekend hosting Emmy. :)  I love you!

I am so excited because I finished the patterned wall that was part of project hallway!  Yesterday I was able to reveal the chalkboard wall and front door color, and today I get to reveal this little wall!  This is where it started:



The desk, shoe basket, and mirror are there to stay.  I needed to paint the trim, paint the walls, and then decide on a pattern for it.  There were so many awesome choices I was contemplating.  Here are some of those choices....

This Otomi stencil from OMGstencil:
Wall Stencil Kids Room Mexican Otomi Pattern Wall Room Decor Made by OMG Stencils Home Improvements Color Paintings 0055

It's pretty freaking amazing, isn't it?  And the price was not bad, but it was a price.  Meaning, I had to buy it.  And I would have to sit and wait for it to come....

Another amazing option that Kelly from A Swell Place to Dwell told me about was a patterned roller such as this one from The Painted House.
No. 6 Patterned Paint Roller from The Painted House
Again, I totally loved it, but I would have had to order it and wait.

Here is my dilemma.  I am impatient and poor.  So I decided to work with what I had.  And you know what I had.... don't ask why.... farm animal stencils.  I had a cow, rooster, goat, pig, and sheep!  And one of my very favorite inspiration walls came from this one from A Beautiful Mess that I had pinned....


Horse wall made with stencils!

Isn't it just amazing????  Love it so much!  I knew I wanted white walls with a pattern, so I painted the entire hallway (aside from the chalkboard wall) in Benjamin Moore's Cloud Cover... my all time favorite white.  I used my sheep stencil and a black sharpie to create my images, carefully measuring each sheep, eyeballing and approximating as best I could with each sheep.  I wanted it to be a little quirky, so I added one black sheep facing the other way.  Ready to see it?

Jake says, "Come see my new sheep wall!  Hurry up and get in.... that sun is blinding me!"





Quirky and fun and it totally suits where we live!!  And do you see how my kids shove every pair of shoes they own in that basket, rather than having to put them away in their rooms?  They just wear Jake out, as you can see.

Anyhow, I really love my black sheep wall.... at least for now!  You know how it goes; a year from now I might be doing something totally different here!

Happy Friday!  Hope you all have an amazing weekend!  I am going to try to pick up the frames I need for the kids art wall, and maybe start to tackle the pesky doors.  Maybe.  We have company coming next weekend, so cleaning has to happen next week at some point, too.  :)

Photobucket

Sharing here:
AT THE PINTEREST CHALLENGE AT THESE BLOGS:

And here:

It's OverflowingUndertheTableandDreamingMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

68 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the quirky black sheep!

MONICA LIVAS said...

This is beautiful!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

eek love it!!

Andrea said...

Cute, cute , cute!!!!!! I love the lone black sheep!!!!!

Andrea said...

Such a fun wall. I love that you just went for and it turned out so cool. Gotta have a black sheep!

Julia Konya said...

I love your sheep wall too and also that little ceramic squirrel on a branch.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

How fun and whimsical! Totally love the one black sheep! ... Have a great weekend!

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

What a FUN idea!!! I love how it turned out!! ~Bre

Holly Browning said...

I was hoping to see your hall by the weekend. Your wall is funky and cute. You have such fun style. The chalkboard looks great too!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Love!! Of course. It looks awesome!

decorumdiyer said...

How whimsical! I love how subtle it is, but then you have a dash of humor with the one, black sheep. Great job!

Jennifer Bridgman said...

Really cute, and that one backwards black sheep totally makes the whole thing. What a cool idea!

Jenny said...

That is just the cutest and most creative thing I've seen in awhile. So stinking adorable! I'm like you - totally impatient - and I think your solution turned out even better than it would have if you waited it out and tried something different. Fab!

Angela Santaniello said...

I hear you on the impatient & poor! That describes me perfectly. You already know I LOVE this. I too, had pinned the one with the horses a while ago. I'm off to share your sheep wall on my fb page.

Have a great weekend!
Angela

Cathy Wall said...

Too darling and so you, a clever take on your inspiration wall!

The Refeathered Roost said...

I was looking through all your pictures before reading and I honestly thought you had found sheep wallpaper! Love it!

DecorandtheDog said...

I love this so much. It's the right about of quirky but still looks classy. Exactly how I'd describe you! :)

The Far Fifty said...

That's so flocking cute!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

love it! that one black sheep is so darn cute. Thanks for the shout out...I think I am going to have to break down and buy one of those rollers for myself....and practice, practice, practice!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

You are having too much dang fun. That is adorable. I love the black sheep...is it anyone I know? :)

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

You are having too much dang fun. That is adorable. I love the black sheep...is it anyone I know? :)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Quirky and fun it is!!

pam {simple details} said...

Personality, plus!!! Every room needs a bit of whimsy, what a fun conversation piece! I'm sitting here thinking of sheep jokes, but they're all really baaaad! :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

That is the cutest thing!

SmithShack71 said...

Yep, the black sheep is cool. There's something to said for being impatient and poor. It works!
Love Jake. Sweet.

-Angie

Dear Emmeline said...

the wall definitely suits your space. turned out so cute!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Sweet Jake. Life is tough :) LOVE the wall and I think the black sheep makes it (just like in life. lol) SOO good! Pinning!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

ooh, I love it! Your quirky little black sheep is the perfect touch! I love that you used what you had and it turned out so beautifully and with such personality. And using marker- genius!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

oh man, i LOVE this. Now my wheels are spinning... how can i incorporate a "sheep wall?" i might just have to shamelessly copy this!
keya

Ange said...

Love the sheep wall, how cute is the black sheep going the wrong way? The entryway look awesome, way to get your mojo on! ;)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. This is adorable! And yet sophisticated at the same time. And dare I say a more manageable project than stenciling??? Must add this project to my list!

Gretchen said...

I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed about how much I'm gushing over your hallway....but, seriously, how fun are those sheep?! LOVE!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Again, this wall is so much fun! The perfect amount of quirk and whimsy for your entry. We need a good side by side B&A, what a difference!

Twice Nice said...

Love your flock of wooly friends! It's so fun Cassie!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

LOVE-LOVE IT!
Every room needs a "little" whimsy and this is PERFECT!
The black sheep made it an A++++ in my book.
I have pinned your Pins!

Dana Frieling said...

Love, love, love it!

Renee said...

Adorable!! Love the black sheep.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Are you KIDDING ME??? I LOVE this, Cassie... it it totally you. :-D
xo Heidi

Good Time Charlie said...

This is the cutest entry I have ever seen. The cutest!!!! I love that you only painted one sheep black. My favorite type of decor is whimsical. Since I can't taken too many things too serious, my house reflects this. I LOVE it!

Joann Borden said...

This is just so STINKING CUTE! Love the black sheep and The Far Fifty's response. Such clever clever people!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

It's my favorite. Seriously.
xo

Ali Richardson said...

awesome sauce and a half! love love love it :) and you :)

Miss Charming said...

Cute idea, Cassie! The stencil looks great on your entry wall. (And of course, the black sheep makes it!)

17 Perth said...

Holy cow! I don't know what I love more---Jake or that wall!! That is freaking awesome--quirky and perfect in all its goodness. Hmmmmm...I am looking around my house! Hahaha. I so want to do this!! LOVE IT.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

I saw that wall over at BM and thought it was so cute! Love yours as well. Your home is really starting to become your own. I love watching the progress!

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

Adorable! Love the whimsical touch of the wall -- and the lone black sheep facing the other direction is inspired!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Love the wee sheep and totally get the shoe pile by the door...what is it? (I'm guilty too...I think most are mine!)

Lets just build a house! said...

i never thought sheep could be so chic :)

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

Killer! I totally thought that was high end wallpaper. You're so smart!

Allison said...

This is the most fun entry wall I have seen! I love it Cassie! The one black sheep is perfect. Fabulous job! Jake is pretty cute, too.

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Absolutely adore your sheep wall!!! Take care, Caroline

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

So unique and way more affordable (always great if we change our minds.) Love that you added the fun black sheep.

Mariel said...

Very cute! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

Kelly said...

I love this so much it makes me angry. What can I write on my walls? I need to do this!

Catherine said...

If you had just said to me hey Catherine I'm painting sheep on my wall I would have laughed and thought you were crazy. But it is fantastic! LOVE it :)

Denise Sabia said...

omg, another genius project by cassie! I see many knocks offs in your future! this is awesome!!!

Denise Sabia said...

and what I mean by knocks off's, is knocks off's of your work, not you knocking off others work.

Little Green Table said...

Cassie,
I don't often comment - too busy working full time (plus) and making over furniture part time! But I wanted to tell you I love everything you do, you have the best ideas, and I LOVE LOVE the sheep. How freakin cute!!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Cassie!!! I love this. Too cute! Easy with a punch. Very creative!

Vel Criste said...

super cute and quirky! love it!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

So cool, Cassie!

James Curtis said...

Wow, Never again to count sheep at night with these gorgeous sheep and horse wall of yours! Ideal also for bathrooms with step in tub

Shannon said...

I seriously LOVE this! L-O-V-E LOVE!!! :) The little black sheep facing the opposite direction was the perfect touch! Great job! :)

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this?! I love how quirky it is and I want to steal your mirror. Don't worry, I won't! Maybe... ;)

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I love this! That is the most amazing wall ever! Too cute!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Now I want a black sheep wall - this is fabulous!!!! And with a Sharpie!
Kelly

Laura Lynn said...

This is one of the coolest things I've seen lately. I loved the wall at A Beautiful Mess and wanted to do something similar as well. Yours is awesome! Makes me want to get working!

Michelle Smith said...

It was such a great opportunity to visit this site,you can gain new interesting topics.I want to stick on this one so that I can update more details about this one.
Wallpapers