Monday, April 22, 2013

Paris Gray Trumeau Style Mirror

Happy Monday!  What a crazy busy weekend!!!  I worked Friday at the barn sale and came home in time to get the kids off the bus.  Emmy had a friend over to play, and I invited the mom over to share some wine and chat while it stormed outside.  It was really nice- our girls have played together several times, but it was my first time to really get to hang out with the mom.  We had easy conversation and good wine!
Saturday I also worked at the barn sale, which was busy.  As soon as I got home in the evening, I freshened up and headed out with Chris and another couple for date night!  (Meanwhile, the kids were having a blast at my parents' house.).  We started with a glass of wine at The Tasting Room, and finished with more wine, dinner, good conversation and laughs at my favorite place... The Wine Kitchen.  It was so nice to get out and just be adults for a night!
Sunday, I started out with my morning walk with friends, followed by social events- a ladies brunch at a friends' house, followed by a showing of "Annie" with my neighbor and her daughter and Emmy in their movie theater room.  They had never seen the movie, so Emmy and I were excited to share it with them.  Needless to say, they loved it!!!
It was a very full, but happy weekend!  Today, I have nothing planned other than an early morning gym date.  And the thought of nothing else I need to do.... DREAMY.

Anyhow, I painted this mirror last weekend, but I didn't have room for it at this barn sale, so it will be there next month.  I had purchased it for a song at the flea market.  It's gorgeous details were hidden by the drab wood finish.


I gave it a simple makeover, but love how it turned out.  I simple gave it a couple coats of Paris Gray chalk paint, lightly distressed it, and finally waxed it with clear wax.  Here is the new and improved mirror.


I love those pretty details!  You just don't see that much anymore these days.
Well, I am off to the gym and then to do a whole lot of nothin'.  Have a wonderful Monday!

Photobucket

32 comments:

Julia Konya said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend with lots of good wine.
Love details and color of the mirror. Have fun doing nothing today :)

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

What a great weekend! The mirror is gorgeous -- bet she sells quickly!
Enjoy your day "off", though knowing you, you'll be on the go all day long... ;-)
xo Heidi

Dee said...

Paris Grey, one of my favorites! That will sell for sure. Beautiful job Cassie, Dee from My Painted Stuff.

Jenny said...

Beautiful! We had a crazy-busy weekend here (and the hubby was out of town) so I'm looking forward to having some down time today too!

Jaime Costiglio said...

Cassie another beauty, the grey really makes the carvings come to life. Hope the barn sale was a success and enjoy your 'day off'.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love how a fresh coat of paint just gives new life to furniture. That soft grey is perfect for the mirror!
Lucky you that you had some adult time…..you deserve it!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Hope the barn sale was a success. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. The mirror looks great in its new color.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

That color is great, it also makes me think of the movie Elf. The Northpole...anywho! So glad you got out for adult time. I need to pencil that in soon!! xo Kristin

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Wow- rest up today...gorgeous mirror! Take care, Caroline

Cathy Wall said...

My head spins with your week-end Cassie!!! Sounds like another winner. SPeaking of which the mirror is certainly one, Just love it!!! You have the transformative touch...

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Sounds like a fun wine filled weekend! And that mirror is very sophisticated!

Dear Emmeline said...

hopefully a busy weekend at the barn meant lots of sales for you all! paris gray is one of my faves too. it's a perfect neutral!

The Bold Abode said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me!I can't even have a glass of wine right now...ugh! The sugar is to much for my stupid system and I am missing it,baby.

Glad you were busy at the barn sale! I love that mirror. It's fantastic.

Twice Nice said...

What a fun filled weekend! Love the mirror, and I don't think I've ever seen details as lovely as that.

Ange said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend. I love the paris gray and you're right, the details look so much better now that you can see them! Great find!

pam {simple details} said...

That style mirror is always a favorite, your redo looks like an original french version! Off for a run... :)

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

How pretty is that! The new finish really does bring out all the lovely details. I'd love it if you would share this at "What We Accomplished Wednesday," at Green Willow Pond. It goes live on Tuesday nights at about 6 PM EST. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Your weekend sounded perfect!
And the mirror....that's absolutely gorgeous!!

Melissa Skidmore said...

Sounds like you were hopping this weekend! That is how I live my life! The mirror looks beautiful! Sometimes the simple transformations are the best! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Rita said...

well I hope you have a wonderful day doing nothing (love those)!!! And I like that you have two make overs in those before and after photos. You can see the chest peeking through the mirror :)

Ashley C. said...

LOVE that mirror! Wish I lived closer so that I could snag it from your sale. :)

Ali Richardson said...

So fresh and pretty. Nicely done. I hope you had a nice relaxing day today :) Love u!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That is a dream day -you deserve it. Enjoy!

Dana Frieling said...

Well...??? How was the barn sale? Did you move lots of inventory? Hope so!

Mary said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend. Sounds like everyone had fun. The mirror looks great! Love the details.

Allison said...

Sounds like another very fun and busy weekend you had! The mirror is pretty. The detail really pops in the Paris Gray. Love that dresser next to the mirror. Hope it was a good Monday for you Cassie!

Carmel - Our Fifth House said...

Oh my gosh Josie LOVES Annie! Sounds like a fun weekend and I love that mirror in that color. The details really do stand out so much better now.

reFresh reStyle said...

so pretty! love it. i think i'd look better in a mirror this pretty ;)
Debbie

Taylor @ DearOlympia.com said...

Beautiful! I love how the grey really brings out the detailing.

Patti@OldThingsNew said...

Oh how I love that mirror! You've done an amazing job on her. Blessings, Patti

Good Time Charlie said...

You lucky girl! You not only had a really wonderful date night, but you scored another gorgeous mirror! It's a twofr! I have never come across a mirror with that much gorgeous detail. So lovely in the grey too.

cindy the cottage chick said...

I never see these around my parts....maybe I need to look harder! Sup-ah beautiful, and perfect in the grey.