Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Salvaged Door Dining Table

Happy Tuesday!  Yesterday, the sun shone all day, and it was glorious!  I worked all day and was able to finish 4 pieces of furniture which I will share with you soon.  After the kids got off the bus, my neighbor and I took them to Gambrill Park for an after school hike.  It was the perfect day for it!

Speaking of my neighbor, her daughter who is 7 now was born prematurely.  She has been in Sawyer's class the last two years and is now on his soccer team as well.  She is a healthy, thriving girl, and her parents feel very blessed and lucky to have her.  Because she was a preemie, they participate in the March of Dimes each year.  Last year, we joined them; this year the boys have to miss it because of soccer, but Emmy and I will be walking with them.  If you wish to donate to this worthy cause, you can click here to get to Emmy's fundraising page.

And again, speaking of those same neighbors.... remember the amazing door table I showed you a couple weeks ago that Travis built?


Well, I finished it up.... I cleaned up the top, but kept some of the paint on it as I liked the patina and look.  I gave it a couple coats of polycrylic to seal it in.  On the base, I painted it with Pantone's Whitecap Gray, lightly distressed it, and rubbed Minwax Golden Oak Stain over.

Sunday, Travis helped me take it over to the barn for this month's sale, so I snapped a couple quick pictures in the driveway first.  It will be all set up with dining chairs at the barn, and when that happens, I will share with you!  For now, enjoy the scenes of my driveway....







I love it!  It would make an awesome desk, dining table, even a kitchen island as long as glass was put on top to keep the surface more even.  Imagine if this was your craft desk? potting bench?  The possibilities are endless!

Happy Tuesday!  I am off for a run with friends, then to work on setting up our barn space a bit and  then I hope to enjoy the sunshine!  Have a beautiful day!

Photobucket
Sharing here:
Jennifer Rizzo

UndertheTableandDreamingMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
PhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridays

36 comments:

reFresh reStyle said...

I'm in love with this table!! Now I just need to know how to make those legs! Send me your neighbor :)
Debbie

Lorraine said...

Well I can agree it would make a great desk or work table because I have one in my studio! I did put a piece of glass over it and it's wonderful to work on because anything can be scraped off and it can't be burned! Hopefully someone will have the vision to see that! I'd suggest getting a price on glass and have that info ready when someone wonders how much it would cost....it isn't that much....could make the difference in a sale!

Julia Konya said...

Another amazing piece of furniture. Love it!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Such a unique piece - you and Travis make a great team!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

It looks great Cassie, the old door is lovely and the legs are a great idea.

Kristin Cadwallader said...

Such a great use of an old door. Looks great! xo Kristin

Carmel - Our Fifth House said...

That piece is truly amazing! It would be awesome as a kitchen island!!

Kathy (Pearls in Paradise) said...

Great piece Cassie. I love the idea of using it as a kitchen island.

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

I love it....and it is seriously huge! Those legs are gorgeous. I can totally see a nice piece of crisp glass on top of it. Glass and weathered wood....a perfect combo.

Allison@FabRehab said...

LOVE this table!! Will sell on the first day, is my prediction!

Melissa Skidmore said...

Totally unique and beautiful! I can't imagine that it will even last a day at the barn sale! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

I haven't seen anything just like this before. Really, really like!

Laura said...

It is amazing. I love everything about it!

Feral Turtle said...

OMGee This is awesome! Love every inch of it! Tell Travis he did an amazing job! Definitely pinning this one!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

That table is a treasure! The uses are endless!!!
You have more energy than the "Bunny"!

Rita said...

I love it and I saw those other couple of pieces you worked on. You are amazing!

Jesse Bodine said...

Cassie, the table turned out beautiful! I absolutely love it and am super jealous of you getting four things painted in one day. ;) You are a rock star! And being a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse, I have to say that it is an awesome thing that you are doing with your daughter! The medical world has changed in such a way that we are seeing more and more preemies being born at an earlier gestational age and encountering less obstacles and March of Dimes is a huge reason why. The smallest baby that I was at the delivery of was a 24 weeker that weighed 11.7 ounces. She is doing great and is one active girl! It is seriously amazing. Tell your daughter that I think she is fabulous for helping to raise money! ;) Jesse @ Scout & Nimble

Jesse Bodine said...

Sorry, didn't make it clear, but that little girl is now 9! ;) AMAZING.

Barbara Hiatt said...

I want this table!!! I love the idea of glass over it to keep the surface even...LOVE!

Michelle Scheibe said...

Stunning. Your powers combined do magical things!

Hetty said...

love this table a lot! Stunning work Cassie.

Jane Craske said...

Wouldn't that be the most gorgeous outside table? A big piece of glass and an equally large glass of sangria sounds perfect.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

The table rocks, Cassie! Glad you're soaking up the sunshine -- don't know how you find the energy!
xo Heidi

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Love that table! It's gorgeous!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

i wish this were my potting bench - it's all styled up in my mind...
love it.
keya

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I've said it before - you and Travis make an awesome team! That table is very cool!

Good Time Charlie said...

I have a Travis, and he is a great helper, he even painted a big ladder for me recently, but I can't let him near the power tools. You are so lucky to have your Travis, that table is delicious!!

Ali Richardson said...

Soooo cool! That chunky base is so unique and cool.
XOXO

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love the modern legs with the vintage top - very unique and stunning!

Terry Moore said...

Cooler than cool!

amber-wills said...

I just sold 3 of my salvaged doors because I didn't want to move them. We should really live closer! You could have done wonders with them!

Cher-Ann Texter said...

Very cool! I love old door projects... this one, especially!

Cher @ Designs by Studio C
http://designsbystudioc.com

Deanne Langford said...

Just gorgeous, love the legs!

MONICA LIVAS said...

FABULOUS!

Fender's Mom said...

Love it!!!

Old Red Barn said...

That's creative!

Goedele