Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wuv, Trumeau Wuv, Will Fowow You Foweva

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam… And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva… So tweasure your wuv.
Prince Humperdinck: Skip to the end.
The Impressive Clergyman: Have you the wing?


I just had to go there.  That is a passage from one of my all-time favorite movies.  Do you know it?  If you don't... Get out from under that rock and go see it now!!!



Anyhow, this post has nothing at all to do with Princess Buttercup or true love, but it does have to do with a Trumeau mirror!  This mirror was part of the furniture haul I picked up with the cargo van last week.  See it laying on its side in the left of the picture?


It was so blah in its wood finish, but had such beautiful details that a little paint a little rub n' buff would do wonders for!  I painted it with two coats of Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue, lightly distressed it, and then went over it all in a clear wax.  To finish it off and make those pretty details on the top pop, I took some rub n- buff in gold leaf o my finger and well, rubbed n' buffed!  Here is the mirror now.


It might not  have anything to do with her story, but I certainly think Princess Buttercup would approve of this mirror for her castle.  Don't you?

It will be available at the barn sale in 3 weeks!  I am busily painting away to try to get ready to fill that space!  But for now, it's the last day of Spring break for my kids.... we are headed to the gym with friends, then to another friends for afternoon play on their farm, and finally to a Tae Kwon Do class with friends so Sawyer can try it out!  Busy last day, and I have to admit though I am looking forward to more time to work, I am sad that the break is ending.  We have had lots of good times this past week!    Oh, that reminds me, yesterday we headed up to the Washington Monument in Boonsboro and took the kids on a little hike.  It was chilly, but as soon as we got moving we warmed up!  We passed several hikers on the Appalachian Trail, too.... I always want to ask them where they are going and where they started.  Anyhow, here are the kiddos at the monument...



And here is Emmy cozying up with her "boyfriend"... He's the perfect choice for her.  He's got moves like Jagger, and is as sweet as can be.  And adorable, too!

Good times, people!  Go out there and have some good times!
Photobucket
Sharing here:
The 36th AVENUE- A creative DIY blog. Sharing tons of recipes, gift ideas, crafts, home d├ęcor and home improvement easy to follow tutorials. Come visit to make the ordinary EXTRAORDINARY on a budget! www.the36thavenue Follow on Pinterest pinterest.com/...#recipes #crafts #decor Photobucket

40 comments:

Beverly Pennington said...

That is my all time favorite movie! Wuv, tru wuv! Love the mirror and next time I think you should ask where the people on the trail started ;)

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

The. Best. Movie. Ever. In the history of the world.

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Gorgeous mirror!!! Take care, Caroline

Julia Konya said...

Well, I have to get out from under my German rock and watch the movie, cause I've never seen it ;)
Love the mirror it's so pretty. The color is perfect with the gold! It would also look awesome in your house ;)
Love the photo of Emmy and her cute little boyfriend.

Kathy (Pearls in Paradise) said...

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies and that scene is so classic. I have seen the movie so many times that I have memorized a lot of it! The mirror is gorgeous and worthy of Princess Buttercup's wuvv. Love the kid pics too! xxoo

Kathy

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Pretty, pretty. I'm such a sucker for a little touch of gold!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Great movie, I quote Princess Buttercup all the time :)

Allison@FabRehab said...

I am drooling over that haul of furniture! Love the mirror...the gold leaf is perfect. And Emmy's BF...adorable!

Dana Frieling said...

It always amazes me how a little paint and a lot of elbow grease can totally transform a piece. Love the gold accent!

Kristin Cadwallader said...

One of my all-time favorites!! Love it! You are so funny! xo Kristin

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love trumeau mirrors, and yours is beautiful! It doesn't get any better than the Princess Bride. So many brilliant classic lines in that movie!

Lorraine said...

Boy THAT brings back memories! My girls used to quote that ALL the time! They thought it was hilarious!
LOVE the mirror! What a great, simple project that was! Hope you sell EVERYTHING!

Michelle Scheibe said...

You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That mirror is beautiful! You really got some good stuff! ... Kevin & I lived in Hagerstown for a few years and I taught preschool in Boonsboro. We took field trips to the Washington Monument all the time. It's a small world you know! ... And Emmy picked one cute little guy!

Melissa Skidmore said...

Love that mirror! Duck Egg might be my favorite Annie Sloan color! I am embarrassed to say that I have tried to watch The Princess Bride several times and have always fallen asleep! I will need to give it another try! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

My daughters would love you right now. Eryn insists that will be read at her wedding one day. The mirror is beautiful.

Upscale Downhome said...

One of my most favorite movies so thanks for the smile. Mirror=amazing

Twice Nice said...

One of my all time favorite movies and an all time favorite scene!
The mirror is so pretty now! That was one wonderful furniture haul!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

A classic! I love a good movie quote :)

Vintage Prairie Style said...

love the movie and the mirror!
keya

pam {simple details} said...

I know I live under a rock when it comes to movies, if my life depended on it I couldn't stay awake! Gorgeous mirror!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

We were just talking about that movie and quoting the "wuv" line! Love the mirror too!

Dear Emmeline said...

You weren't kidding when you said you came home with a haul! So far everything has turned out gorgeous! Though you my friend have the Midas touch as far as furniture is concerned! So excited to pick up the end tables tomorrow and have a bit of your "gold" in my house! :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

THE MIRROR....OH IT'S LOVELY! and you are selling it!!!
Now, Emmy and her "boyfriend" in the last picture...I am sorry, they stole the POST!!!

17 Perth said...

So funny!! Look at sweet emmy! Love that! Hope yall are having a great day!

Rita said...

I love when you're in this kind of mood!! it' warms my heart!

Catherine said...

Ummm I haven't seen it! Maybe I should borrow it on the weekend...

Love the mirror :)

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh you stop it and I mean it! Does anyone have a peanut? I quote this movie all the time! Especially Mawage!!! One of my favorites too. Love the mirror, gorgeous! How cool to run into people hiking the Appalachian trail! Do you ever read Bill Bryson's travel/humor books? One of my favorites is "Into The Woods" about his experience hiking the ENTIRE Appalachian trail. It's hot here! Some cooler mountain air sounds pretty good!

Gwen said...

OH, the memories! That movie will reign in my heart forever...

LOVE the mirror, Cassie! I'm not a hiker, but it looks like yall had some fun... what a cutie-pie Emmy's got!

Allison said...

Pretty, pretty mirror! Love the touch of glitzy gold. What a cute photo of Emmy and her "boyfriend". A darling little couple they make!

Barbara Hiatt said...

Wow haven't seen that movie in ages!! Looove the mirror Cassie! That blue coupled with the gold is awesome!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Sweet!! Love that you're having such a great time! Our spring break is next week and not a moment too soon.
xo Heidi
PS -- that mirror is to die for. :)

Living Books said...

Can't count the amount of times I have seen that movie C: So getting going with the garage sales this summer and using you as inspiration.

thistlewoodfarm said...

That is one of my favorite movies ever....and I LOVE the mirror (I don't know how to spell the first part)! Perfect color!

blessings,
karianne

Ali Richardson said...

Love that sweet mirror :)
SO happy you guys had a fun Spring break. Hayden is on break this week and Noah's isn't until next week. Love u! Miss u!

Miss Charming said...

Absolutely Wuv the trumeau! (And the rest of that beautiful furniture, too.) The gold rub & buff was the perfect touch.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

The mirror looks just beautiful Cassie! And I always love the pics of your adorable kids! Happy to hear you're enjoying your Spring break!

:) Linda

cURioSItaELlyA said...

I am so in love with your trumeau mirror. I love them very much too!
Thanks for sharing.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm officially covering that chair. The fabric and pair are too fun. You have such an eye for these things.

Amy Fennell said...

Love that movie! Along with A Knight's Tale!