Friday, May 24, 2013

Insta-Friday!

Happy Friday!  Lots going on here these days as we make out plans for the barn, redo our kitchen, and prepare for a visit from my brother and his fiancee this weekend (and we've invited over all of our local friends for a cookout... I was optimistic about the kitchen! ;) ).

I spent my day yesterday teaching my friend's mother how to paint furniture.  We worked for almost 5 hours and had fun chatting through it all.  At one point she asked me "Are you sure you're not my daughter?" because we have very similar personalities and views.  It's also so fun to see someone just starting to paint furniture- the excitement and energy are inspiring!  After she left, I got to work priming trim in the kitchen which is how I like to have a good time.  It was so fun that I even spent my evening getting a second coat of primer on the trim while Chris assembled our industrial shelving.  Today I plan to paint the walls and trim!  If anyone local is looking for a good time... call me. ;)  I'll hand you a brush.

Since I am busy working on the kitchen and don't have much furniture to share, I thought I would share some of my instagram photos from the week... (You can follow me at cassie8978)


A peek at a dining table I am working on...

Peonies are blooming!  My Double Peonies just bloomed, too!

I promise I didn't sit on your bed while you were outside working... promise.

New kitchen lights from West Elm!  And yes, I have vintage style bulbs for them, but I hadn't bought them when the electrician was here and we needed to make sure they worked.

Yesterday on my drive over to my friend's house for our morning run this family crossed in front of me.... they scurried so fast that by the time I was ready to snap a picture they were far away.  Don't worry, there was no one behind me and I stopped.  I didn't take it while driving!

Aaaaah..... I love my new kitchen sink pendant from Lamps Plus!  LOVE!  What I don't love is painting trim.... I've been working on those windows.

And last night we got our stove back in place!  Woot Woot!  No more chicken nuggets and pizza bagels for dinner! Eh, who am I kidding- we will still eat that!


That's all I have for you in new pictures, but I thought it would be fun to look back and see how far we've come so far in the kitchen....


Yep.  I am happy with the progress!  Now to go get it all painted, clean up as much as possible, put the kitchen in some sort of order for the time being, grocery shop for a cookout, buy beer and wine, tend to the gardens, all in time for my brother and his fiancee's arrival Sunday!  Game on! :)

Hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day.... This weekend I will be thinking of those in OK, and the poor wife and child of the beheaded British soldier.  My heart goes out to all of them.
Photobucket

28 comments:

Julia Konya said...

You should also start to offer workshops to teach people ;)
Table looks awesome and kitchen is so fabulous. Love the lights.
Happy Memorial Day!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love it all so much. It's coming together beautifully Cassie!! Wishing you a fun Memorial Day weekend with friends and family!

PB said...

The stove looks brand new in it's pretty new setting. It looks wonderful!!!!

Cathy Wall said...

Cassie your kitchen is rockin' and the progress is amazing, I love where you are going with it. You have the energy and enthusiasm of 5 with all that is on your plate. Enjoy your holiday wk-end with your family!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

It is a lighting bonanza! Looks so good. And I just want to squeeze that sweet pup of yours. Have a great weekend!

Carmel - Our Fifth House said...

Your kitchen is looking fabulous!! LOVE the new lighting!

Lesley said...

So a thousand questions about the large wall alone. Are you going to re-install a new stove vent? Are you re-hanging the top cabinets? and if not, oooh.....what are you going to do with that awesome wall??? I have about forty five thousand ideas!!! lol Fun fun, exciting stuff there!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

It's coming together!! Enjoy the weekend :) It sounds like you have some fun plans. I will be P-I-M-Ping on...xo K

Sabrina said...

Everything is really starting to come together in your kitchen!!! I love all the lighting!! Funny you mention the light bulbs. My in laws are really big on using those CFL light bulbs. And they just can't get over why I refuse to use them. They would totally think it would be okay to use them in your pretty west elm lights! too funny!!

Michelle Scheibe said...

Yay, kitchen!! It's looking fantabulous.

Hope the week-end is a fun one!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

Painting trim is the worst....I don't envy you on that one. Have a great long weekend - we had ours last weekend, but I'd really like another!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, Cassie it's so much fun to see your kitchen coming together! At least you have pretty lights to look at while painting that trim! :) I had a big neighborhood BBQ when we had no kitchen, I put the invites on pieces of boards from our gutted rooms ~ everyone's expectations were so low, it was awesome! :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Your kitchen is looking good! The lighting is so cool! ... I bet you are bursting with ideas for the barn! ... Sounds like a busy and fun weekend ahead - enjoy!

Shelley | Crazy Wonderful said...

It is looking so amazing in there, and I die over those pendants! Your pup should give lessons on the puppy face :D

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Busy week! LOVE those globe lights!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Oh you are so close! I am loving the pendants from west elm! I might have to steal them! Enjoy your weekend!

Twice Nice said...

You remind me of this speeding comet you have so much energy! Could you bottle it and send it my way? Your kitchen is really coming together in a spectacular manner, so lovely! Have a great weekend!

Angela Santaniello said...

Absolutely love every bit of it! Painting trim has got to be the worst! I think I just ordered the same glass knobs for my kitchen...w/ different pulls though. have a great weekend!!!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Vintage Prairie Style said...

it looks so beautiful - you made great choices. i can't wait to see it all done!
keya

cindy the cottage chick said...

Oh how I wish I could take a 5 hour lesson from you! How super fun would that be?

I hate painting trim too. Done it in 6 houses, and I"m so hiring it out for our new house :) Walls, no prob. Trim, ick.

Love that table too!

I got a couple commission jobs (a dining set and a dresser) so I'm stoked!

Dana Frieling said...

Precious puppy...no guilt in those eye at all! ;) Girl, your hard work is paying off. Your kitchen is looking so good. I'm so impressed you're entertaining with such a big project underway. I need to learn a lesson or two from you.

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} said...

Lookin good Cassie!!! It's amazing how much the cabinet color changes the look of the kitchen! It is looking fab already! And I love your idea of a good time ;-) Wish I had more patience with paining furniture- I always end up rushing through it and regret it later.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You are the Girl! I am still amazed at what you accomplish.....oh to be half my age and try!

Kelly said...

That new lighting! OMG. Also, every picture I've ever seen of your dog is hilarious.

Ali Richardson said...

Hoooooray for kitchen amazingness. You are one of my faves to follow on IG (of course - duh). So fun that your bro and Viri are coming for a visit. Miss you!!!!

Patti@OldThingsNew said...

Hi Cassie - Love the color you're using on the dining room table . . . and your sweet pooch. Beagle? I wanted to let you know that I'm featuring you as my favorite blog of the week on my sidebar because I'm so in love with all the wonderful furniture makeovers you do! Blessings to you, Patti

Kristen said...

looks so great!

Lisa @ Trapped In North Jersey said...

I love how the kitchen is coming along--the blue cabinets are fabulous!