Thursday, July 11, 2013

Three French Chairs, Two Baby Turtles, and a Pheasant in a Corn Field!

You know I am writing this post too late at night when these are the kinds of titles you get.  But it really does make sense, because this post is about the chairs; We saw one or two baby turtles at Greenbrier lake this week; and this morning, my friend Dierdre saw a pheasant run into a corn field on her way over here for an early walk!  Pheasants don't live around here, so we think someone is raising them and one got loose.  Anyhow, that's where the title of today's post derives from.  And it makes a catchy song.  As you saw in yesterday's post, I would turn anything into a musical or bad white boy rap if I could.

So.  Moving on.  I found these chairs earlier this week at Goodwill.  I so wish there were 4, but there were only 3.  That's probably why they were still there.  I hemmed and hawed and eventually decided that with a long dining table, they would look good on one side paired with a bench on the other.  And so I bought them.

I removed the seats and got to work, giving these a classically French look with Paris Gray chalk paint. I gave them 2 coats, lightly distressed them, and sealed with clear wax.  I recovered the seats in my trusty burlap because I didn't really have anything else on hand, but also because I love the look of refined French with rustic burlap.  It's a nice juxtaposition.  Here they are now, ready for a new home!




Hopefully one of our Sweet Clover customers can use a set of 3! :)  Have a great day everyone!  The weekend is getting close...

Photobucket
Sharing here:
Photobucket741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oFurniture Feature Fridays

25 comments:

Julia Konya said...

I also hope someone can use three chairs because they sure are beautiful. Maybe even for a round kitchen table for a family of 3! ;)

Tiffany said...

Those chairs look awesome. I was totally singing your post title as I was reading it;)

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Very french indeed! Now I am singing your title in my head! LOL...xo K

Mary said...

Very pretty chairs. I can see why you want to keep them. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenny Romaine said...

The chairs came out beautifully. I love them!

Bliss said...

It's never too early to get into the spirit.
Bliss

pam {simple details} said...

You are a smart cookie ~ I'm going to remember that the next time I see three chairs! Or five!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Awesome! And the whole pheasant thing is pretty cool, too. :)
xo Heidi

Laura @ Our Prairie Home said...

Great job, Cassie! Three chairs with a bench on the other side... Hmmmm.... Now you've got me thinkin'. ;)

Alison @ Rubylicious Bespoke said...

Love them Cassie. I'm a sucker for chairs no matter how many, I think there needs to be a support group for that sort of thing!
And thought you should know, I've been singing ice ice baby ALL day. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be singing Christmas carols ;)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

The chairs are jewels!! They would look fabulous with a lovely wing back chair at the head of the table.

Erin @ His and Hers said...

Okay...can I call you in the middle of the night when I wake up with that song STILL in my head? ;)

The chairs look great!

RPK Interiors said...

I swore off dining room chairs a few months ago, but nothing like a pretty French designed chair for a redo! They are beautiful...

ps - my maiden name is Partridge..so yes, I have the tune "The 12 Days of Christmas" affixed in my brain for the rest of the day! Thanks a lot! :)

Jessica W said...

3cChairs will totally work at a table, just put them on one side and a bench on the other. Bam! Full set of "chairs".

cindy the cottage chick said...

Love those cane chairs. I used to see them around alot, but not recently. Love the gray with burlap! I don't think you'll have trouble selling them :)

Allison said...

The chairs look great! Perfect idea of using 3 on one side of a table and a bench on the other.

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

:-) yes, they do look very French! :-) love that you added the burlap, they turned out beautiful Cassie
I'm sure the person who will get them will love them right away!
:-)

Dear Emmeline said...

awesome chair find. they could always be sold as solo chairs too so I don't think it's a big deal that there were only 3.

Becca Berger said...

Girlfriend- you are a machine! These chairs are signature Cassie, for sure. I have no idea how you mother, paint, remake and blog all that you do!! I'm in awe!
xoxo

srpprcrftr said...

You sure made a big difference in how those chairs looked, love the burlap on the seats. Even two chairs on one side of table, the other on one end, then a master chair on other end with bench on side. Would look great. What kind of table? Enjoy your blog. Happy summer

Jenna LaFevor said...

I would kill to have a couple chairs like these! They are gorgeous!

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Those are beautiful! You can't go wrong with the burlap seat covers! Hope they find the perfect home! Life to the full! Melissa

Amber Wills said...

I love cane dining chairs like that. They are so classic.

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty!!!! I need these too! lol. xo

Good Time Charlie said...

That is a hilarious title. My husband and I joke that I could name a song for just about everything someone says.

Love these cane back French looking chairs. I love them in light French colors like you did!