Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Antlers on the Mantle, Alternatively Titled "My Mantler"

Happy Wednesday!  Last night I talked to a group of women at my friend's church about upcycling furniture and thrfty home decor.  I felt like I was in school again as I prepared for it, taking notes, etc.  I am happy to say it went well and I survived.  It actually went better than I thought it would!  I just pictured them all naked, of course, highly appropriate for a church.  ;)  I was slightly nervous only because I don't usually give presentations on anything these days, but I will say that I am typically comfortable speaking in front of a group, and luckily it was a topic I know well.... I live, breathe, and eat it!

Anyhow, I have been getting ready for that and running around doing a bunch of work related things, so I have not had much time for furniture lately.  However, I did style my mantle a little the other day.  Friday when I worked at the barn, I picked up these antlers from the farmer's wife.  I thought they would add a little rustic touch to my mantle.  So here it is.... My end of summer mantle....

Oh, and I can't seem to find a great spot for my "Antiques" sign, so for now, it will sit in front of the fireplace while it's not in use.  And yes, I am aware of the slightly crooked photo, but I had way too much to do to pull the tripod out for this.  Sorry!

On the left side is the fun weight my parents gave me for my birthday, silver candlesticks, and white pillar candles, and 2 antlers.


On the right side, more white candles, 2 more antlers, and an aqua pitcher full of black eyed susans from my garden.  I love having the balance of aqua on either side. :)

And there you have it- the "Mantler".  Simple, sweet, and slightly crooked.  Have a great day!

Photobucket

29 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Mantler..?.....snort....now THAT'S funny!! I covet that weight...it's the perfect color! Why can't the Antiques sign be a fireplace screen? Make a set of feet for it so it can stand up!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Nice Mantler... love the pops of robins egg blue, that little weight is the bomb.

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Nice Mantler... love the pops of robins egg blue, that little weight is the bomb.

Suzan Sweatman said...

Love the Antiques sign - and LOVE LOVE LOVE that weight - it's perfect!
XOXO

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Mantler! Ha! I love it :) You know I love me some antlers. Picturing the church ladies naked is hilarious!! Hey, whatever works, right? xo Kristin

Meg@OliverandRust said...

mantler... you're too funny

Janel Hutton said...

That weight!?! Love! I want great presents like that!

Michelle Scheibe said...

I want to add antlers to mine only because mantler is genius!!!!!

And stop picturing me naked.

Twice Nice said...

Love all the elements! I need to think about styling my house sometime. It's a hot mess! Glad to hear the presentation went well.

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Cutest mantler ever. You witty girl, you :)

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Love the antlers! I am going to have to get my hands on some for my fall decor! Life to the full! Melissa

Storywood Designs said...

Love your mantler!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the way the aqua and white pop against the gray! Great mantler!

The Bold Abode said...

Crooked is the new straight.

Go Mantlers.

Vintage Prairie Style said...

love the weight and the antiques sign. kudos to you for using the tripod... ever. i am to usually so lazy that i just try to straighten everything out through editing...
keya

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

Love the sign. And I actually do drag out my tripod and I still get crooked pictures...so you are smarter than me! :/

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

Not sure about displaying deer parts. But I love the aqua!

Rita said...

I just have to say that It just took me reading the title of your post and I said " I just lover her"!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Clever, oh you are clever.
I like the idea of making the Antique Sign a firescreen. You would find a way!

Mrs. DeVore said...

Love your mantler! ;) I really need to find some to use for my fall decor!

Dear Emmeline said...

what a neat weight. love the color!

Julia Konya said...

The sign in front of the fireplace looks really awesome and you know I'm an antler fan ;)

Kelly said...

"Mantler" - hahaha. So cheesy. I love it. :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

So smart to put that sign in front of the fireplace! I'm always looking for things to fill that big black hole. :)

Bliss said...

I called home last night on my way back from a meeting and told everyone to go out and look at the moon. As it was rising it was fantastically HUGE.

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Mantler! Hah! I love antlers in any form. Truth.

Good Time Charlie said...

Loving the Mantler, and let's hear it for crooked pictures!!! Who has time to pull out the Tripod every time. Love that little weight!

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

I love the antlers (but I can't ever find any here!) & love the aqua and your sign I love it very much too! :-)

Ali Richardson said...

I love your mantler :) I think the antiques sign looks cute there (until you need to light a fire of course). XO