Friday, September 6, 2013

Insta Friday and House Snooping!

Happy Friday!  Hope you have all had a good week!  I have had a great week.  It's been one of those weeks where the weather has been gorgeous and I feel like the sun is shining right on me, metaphorically speaking.  It's just been a week full of joy!  And it will be a weekend full of joy as well as we head to Family Fun Night (Mexican theme!) at the neighbors tonight, kids first soccer games of the season, town firehall breakfast, and the rodeo on Saturday with my parents, and Sunday I am picking up a MCM sideboard for my dining room after scouring craigslist for weeks!  Happy happy!

Before I share with you some instagrams from the week, I wanted to let you know you can find me over at Suzy's blog, Worthing Court, today, where she is snooping around my house. ;)  Suzy has a great feature called "House Snooping" and I was asked to share my home tour with her readers.  She has shared several amazing bloggers homes, so check out the whole series and pop over to see mine today!

worthing_court_house_snoopers
Now let's get to insta-friday, where I share all my favorite instagrams from the week with you!  I am not sharing them all today though as that would give too much away.  So you will just have to follow me at cassie8978 to see what I've really been up to.....

Thanks to a sweet friend, Emmy inherited a beautiful aqua canopy for her room!  The one thing she had on her room's wishlist was a canopy, so I have one happy child. The aqua was just icing on the cake!


The canopy didn't work with her papier mache antlers.... DARN!  I had to put them in the dining room.  Oh well.

I picked up a vintage colorful rag rug for Emmy's room, and snapped a picture of it while she was doing math with Molly and Tiana.

Saturday night I put on a bandana I wore all through my pregnancy with Sawyer when I was hot and fat in Louisiana.... brought back memories!  And how awesome is this necklace my friend's 10 year old daughter made for my birthday?

Jake and I headed out for a walk Sunday and you can SEE the heat and humidity that was present.  And look at Jake's posittion.... we were walking up this big hill in the heat.  His body language says, "Can we just turn around?"

I was happy these chippy folding chairs didn't sell so I could take them home to go with our new table!

I found this in Emmy's backpack for her teacher, Mrs. Carpenter.  It had a rhinestone girl's face she created on the other side.  Emmy just melts my heart with her sweetness.

But don't be fooled, she's got a tough side, too.  She came down with this outfit she put together all on her own ready to hop on her Harley and go to school.  She has a style all her own.

I took a nice long bike ride one morning this week and stopped to snap a picture because it's just too pretty here to keep it to myself.

If you follow me on instagram, you know what happened with this...

From an early morning walk.... the corn is turning yellow and Fall is coming!

Another scene from that walk.... I drive by this barn all the time and just love it, even if it's falling apart.

I found this tan pleather hassock at the flea a few weeks back and want to keep it!  Trying to place it.  Where do you think it should go?

The kids were out of school and had the neighbors' kids over.... I love this shot of girls being girls... dressed in tutus and fancy dresses eating popsicles.  Life is sweet.

And that's all for this week!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

29 comments:

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

congrats on your feature! I see the minions are at it again with the lighting ;) Enjoy your weekend! xo Kristin

Courtney said...

Well my ears picked up at mcm sideboard...yeah!! Can't wait to see it!
Enjoy your joy filled weekend, sounds like fun! X

Julia Konya said...

I will head on over right away to check out the feature. Love you two in your bandanas, so cute! And The canopy for Emmy's room is just what a little girl needs.
Have a great weekend.

Dana Frieling said...

Have a happy weekend, friend. Looking forward to seeing your sideboard!

Andrea said...

Forget how cute you look in that bandana, check out those amazing arms! You are ripped girl! Sweet pictures of Emmy and I am in love with her room. Have a great weekend.

Gretchen said...

For some reason, I don't think I'd ever clicked on your house tour tab, so it was great going over and seeing it all in one place! Can't wait to see the new sideboard!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Have an awesome weekend Cassie!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Fun week for sure!
Emmy stole the show! I love her style! From Tu Tu to bandana!

Becca Berger said...

I love how positive you are- life is happier when we look at it the way you usually do! I am also loving the redesign happening at your place!
xo Becca

The Bold Abode said...

Love that Emmy! She's her own girl, fo sho. Have a great weekend, my Cassie!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see that sideboard that you are picking up!

Down to Earth Style said...

Love that old barn and Emmy is so cute! I am heading over to snoop your house too.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Love Emmy's outfit and her room is adorable! Please share where you found that cute fox pillow on your couch, my little would love that in her room.

Miss Charming said...

Congrats on the feature, Cassie! (And your little Emmy is such a cutie pie!)

Ali Richardson said...

Woohoo, can't wait to see your sideboard :) LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} said...

Emmy is so cute doing homework on her new love seat!! I saved my American Girl dolls to give to my daughter when she is old enough. I hope she likes them too!

Erin and Laura House Envy said...

I love the canopy too! That is a great color in a girls room and love how collected the room is!! Antlers go everywhere, don't they?!:) I think so!!

Have a great weekend

Laura
House Envy

Allison said...

Emmy is such a cutie and a thoughful little girl. That card to her teacher is adorable. I bet her teacher adores her. Yur morning walks and bike rides look so peaceful. Such a great way to start your day. Enjoy yur weekend Cassie!

Hetty said...

What a great week and great pictures. Inspirational to live in such a nice place!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Laughed out loud at Kristin's comment - minions!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love all your pictures!! Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

Love it all! Emmy's outfit is hilarious! I still can't get over how beautiful your morning walk photos are! What a gorgeous area!

RPK Interiors said...

Oh my goodness...that little Emmy is sooo cute! :)

Amber Wills said...

I love Emmy's settee. That fabric is so great!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I would have killed for a bedroom like Emmy's when I was a kid. Lucky girl!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

Sounds like a great week and a lovely weekend. Hope it all urged out as planned.
Fiona x

Mrs. DeVore said...

Congrats on your feature! Love Emmy's bedroom, so fun and colorful!

Kelly said...

Awww! I would have DIED to have a beautiful canopy like that in my room as a kid. Love that Emmy. <3

Lindsay said...

Love all of your home shots!!! So beautiful. And that's the cutest pic of you!