Friday, September 20, 2013

Insta-Friday, Sweet Clover Grand Opening, and Anniversaries

Happy Friday!
Today is a very special day.  First of all, it marks the first day of our Grand Opening at Sweet Clover!  We have aded a whole new floor of vintage and handmade goodies!  This week has been a little cray cray, but you can check out our pictures here.

Secondly, today is a super special day for me.  Today marks 10 years of marriage for Chris and me!  We are headed out tonight to celebrate with good food and wine!  In 10 years we have lived in 3 houses and had two kids.  Chris has steadily had the same job while I have pursued my dreams and interests working as a personal trainer, group ex instructor, self- employed furniture painted, to now "shop" owner.  We have seen so many changes, but we have loved each other and stuck together through it all, and kept each other laughing the whole time.  I am one loved and lucky lady, and I look forward to the rest of my life with Chris as we raise our kids and one day see them each say "I do", praying that they have found the love of their lifetimes, too, and that they are half as happy and lucky as we have been and will continue to be.

Oh,  and I should tell you what our gift to each other was this year.  We have not had any family photos taken since Emmy was born.  We've hired a photographer, who happens to be a new vendor at Sweet Clover, to take picture of the two of us as well as our family.  I will be sure to share the results here, and am really excited Chris agreed to it! :)

Anyhow, on to insta-Friday!

I was happy to be back to walk Jake Monday morning, but it was so dark at 6:15 am!

I added my new painting the the dining room.

Someone was excited to wear her new boots Daddy bought her.

I worked on a little Halloween project coming soon!

Which got me in the mood to keep on decorating....

My BHG finally arrived and I was so glad!  I had been waiting so I could show my kids he "I did it!" and say, "See that girl?  That's my friend, Jennifer, and I am proud of her!"

I also got to the outside and hung my sign my neighbor made....

I picked up some mums which we are selling at Sweet Clover this weekend!  I put them in crates and now my entry is complete!

And while I was at Sweet Clover, my sweet landlord gave me a jar of her amazing homemade salsa fresh from her garden!  I made a salad for dinner and used greek yogurt and salsa to top it off.

It was delicious!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I will be celebrating my anniversary and our grand opening and living the dream, baby! :)
Photobucket

39 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

C-
What an amazing post! Happy happy anniversary to you! 10 years is an incredible milestone. We haven't had any family pics taken either, and REALLY need to get on that! What am I waiting for? I am just in love with your growing collection of seascape art in your dining room- the beautiful aqua colors are brilliant against that dark grey wall. I love it! I hope you find even more!! Together, they have such a collective impact. Super cool Halloween decorations,too. I need to get mine up this weekend- my daughter keeps asking me when we're going to decorate!

Storywood Designs said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on the grand opening of Sweet Clover! Lots of big exciting stuff to celebrate this weekend...have fun. Your Halloween decorations look fantastic - mine are coming out the first week of October... you've inspired me!

Restyled Vintage said...

I know I just commented on Facebook but read your post and had to comment again, happy 10 years, it is a wonderful milestone, and makes you reflect over where you've been and what you've achieved, and feel grateful for all of it :)

Family photos are a great idea, we are well overdue for some of those, need to get onto it I think!

Geoff and I will have been married 12 years on October 21st...time flies when you are having fun! the way you talk about Chris, he sounds very similar to Geoff. Maybe one day we can all get together...and have a drink at the same time in the same timezone:)

Wishing you an awesome day today my friend!
xx Karen

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary Cassie (and Chris). We celebrated 15 yesterday. You are leaving the dream and I'm so happy we get to follow along on your adventures with you. Good luck this weekend!

Julia Konya said...

Happy Anniversary to you too and lots of fun tonight. You sure sound like a happy couple.
Love all your Halloween decor!!

Cathy Wall said...

Congrats on 10 years girl! We just celebrated our anniversary last week-end, so I'll be thinking of you!
Good luck with the grand opening, so excited for you as you follow your dreams!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Happy Anniversary! Chris and I just celebrated our 10 year dating anniversary on the 16th. Your entry way looks so good :)

michelle@decorandthedog said...

I love your spooky decor. You're motivating me to hop on it.

That dead and breakfast is one of my all time favorites.

Happy anniversary!!!

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

CONGRATULATIONS & Happy Anniversary! That is so special and what a great gift to each other...I cannot wait to see your family photos! Enjoy your weekend and so exciting and super about your official grand opening. You are a rock star, Cassie...I love it! ;)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Huge congrats on your anniversary Cassie! Living out your dreams and sharing it all with your very best friend is just the best! Wishing the two of you many more years of love and laughter!

Jane Craske said...

Happy, happy again doll. Everytime I see that sideboard in your diningroom my heart takes an extra beat!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Happy Happy Anniversary.
Only the best down the fun road ahead!!!
Congratulations on The Grand Opening!
I look forward to the Family Photo!!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Yay! I am so glad you got a photographer :) Happy 10 years and here's to many more!! Enjoy celebrating love birds!! xo Kristin

pam {simple details} said...

Happy Anniversary!! You are one blessed girl on so many levels, enjoy it all, sweet friend and post your gorgeous photos soon!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

Congrats on 10 years! And you know how I feel about photography, so I think that's one of the best gifts that you could give yourselves! Hope you have a great and successful weekend at Sweet Clover!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Happy happy happy anniversary Cassie & Chris! Enjoy celebrating tonight!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

YAY! Congrats Cassie! Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see your sweet family photos!

Shavonda said...

Yaaaay!!!! Happy Anniversary Cassie. Today also happens to be my daughters bday!!! Here's to many many more years of love, support, and happiness:)

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

I love all your halloween decorations. They are so fun! I want to come live in your house! And happy anniversary. 10 years is a big deal. I hope your celebrating is so much fun!

Dana Frieling said...

What a celebratory weekend you're about to have! So exciting. I have a love/hate relationship with professional photos...love having them, hate picking out everyone's clothes. Can't wait to see yours!

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary! Greg and I celebrated 27 years last Friday...went to Jalapenos for dinner...ever go there?
Love the Dead and Breakfast sign.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Yay!! So many things to be happy about! Happy 10th Anniversary!! Those of us newbies (only 3 yrs in) look up to the love and friendship that you and Chris have found! I hope you have a fabulous wine night with your friends!!! And yay for Sweet Clover's grand opening. You have worked so hard, I just know that it will go off without a hitch and you all will be rolling in the dough in no time ;) love you! xoxo

Gretchen said...

Happy anniversary!!!!

Love the sneak peaks of the Halloween decorating--I've got to get on that this weekend, too!

sarah m. dorsey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

happy anniversary!!! my hubby and i are celebrating 5 years today! can't wait to pop over and check out thew sweet clover pics.
have a great weekend!
keya

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog said...

What an exciting day for you! I wish you & Chris a very Happy Anniversary and cheers to many more years!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Happy Anniversary and many more, Cassie! You so deserve all the happiness and success you're celebrating now... soak in every moment. <3 you!
xo Heidi

Amber Wills said...

Happy Anniversary you cuties!! Here's to another decade and all the wonderful things it will bring!

RPK Interiors said...

Happy Anniversary, Cassie!

Bliss said...

Bet it's getting spooky over at Sweet Clover too. The sparrow one made me laugh, I must have a sick sense of humor!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

your happiness leaps off the page. love it all
wishing much joy to you both
Fiona x

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

Happy Anniversary Cassie! :-) I'm glad you seem so happy and that you celebrated with your husband, hope you both had a wonderful evening!
& loving your Halloween decor too! :-)
wish you a fun weekend!

stripeycat said...

Happy 10 Year Anni !!! My hubs and I celebrate 10 Years this Friday the 27th! what a great year that was!!

Ali Richardson said...

Happy 10!! And yay for the Grand Opening for SC :) XOXO

Holly Browning said...

Happy Anniversary! Some of the best years are still to come! Hang on tight! You have a beautiful family.

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

Happy anniversary and what a great idea to get family pictures. I really want to do that too. Love your Halloween decor! The mums in crates look terrific!

Katie said...

Happy 10 years Cassie!! And happy grand opening!! Loving all the Halloween d├ęcor!

Miss Charming said...

Hope you had a wonderful time! (Congrats on all your successes.)

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

BTW, I would like to invite you to my blog for a great giveaway this week - Jan Shower's new interior design book, Glamorous Retreats!

Rebecca