Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Series: It' Eclectic! Boogie Oogie Oogie, with Dimples & Tangles

Happy Thursday!  I am headed off to the the Country Living Fair, road tripping it this morning!!!  While I am away today, I have a new series kicking off.  If you haven't noticed, I am drawn to very eclectic homes and I love a home that showcases the personality of the homeowners.  And I love a little quirk.  I wanted to share home tours with you from eclectic homes I love.  So I bring you my new series... (And by series I mean a random series... I have no commitment to a particular day or length for this series.  It's how I roll).

It's Eclectic! Boogie Oogie Oogie!

I am kicking it off with the amazingly talented and sweet Jennifer from Dimples and Tangles, whose home is amazing and full of fabulous jewel tones and personality plus!  Thank you so much, Jennifer for being here today.....


Hi everyone!  I'm Jennifer and my blog is called Dimples and Tangles.  Cassie is one of the sweetest, most talented, hard-working (does she ever sleep?) bloggers around, and I'm so happy that she invited me to this boogie oogie oogie party!  I've never been able to pin down my decorating style, I just do or buy what I like and hope it all works together.  So I guess I should be right at home with this eclectic series, right?

We purchased this home about 6 1/2 years ago, and have updated, painted, replaced, and touched almost every single part!  Of course, it's still a work in progress and there is always something else I want to do.  Come on in...


You will soon see that I love color, especially green with a healthy dose of black and white.  On display in our Entry are a thrifted pair of lamps that got a re-make, a second hand dresser, and a faux deer head that my sister made for me.  


We have a very open floor plan, and the entry, living room, and dining room all share the main part of the house.







The Dining Room-the star is the china cabinet that I bought from Craig's List and painted.  Right now I'm oh-so close to being finished with the new table that's going in here, and then this room will be officially f-i-n-i-s-h-e-d!



Oh, but I guess these guys like to show off a little bit too.  Once again, a Craig's List purchase that I re-fashioned to be host chairs for my dining room table.  The Chiang Mai Dragon fabric on the back gives them an element of surprise.


 This room gets plenty of use, especially for parties!



This is a hallway that was dark with no natural light.  I collected mirrors from everywhere and painted them all the same color to make a unique wall treatment, also allowing some light to bounce around.


All of the woodwork in our home, except for the baseboards and crown moulding, was stained oak.  In this photo you can see a little bit of a built in china cabinet on the right that was my first experiment with painting the oak.  


I found a roll of grasscloth wallpaper at a thrift store and used a portion of it to line the back of the cabinet.  It holds a lot of my serving pieces in easy reach.


After successfully painting the hall china cabinet, almost every other bit of oak cabinetry got painted, including the kitchen cabinets and living room built-ins.  




I recently completed this pair of lanterns that came from the Habitat ReStore and were shiny brass.  You can also see a bit of my chalk wall that I painted in a little nook of the kitchen.




The breakfast nook in the kitchen- with a botanical gallery wall that I made using inexpensive frames and pages from a book, and a made over second-hand table, chairs, and loveseat.



Just off the entry is our Office,  which we use for a multi-purpose Movie, Wii, Piano, Computer, and Craft room.  This is the only room where I kept the original stained woodwork, and it is filled to the brim with DIY projects, including the made from scratch drum shade over the vintage chandelier.




My daughter's room is colorful and happy, just like her!  All of the furniture is second hand and many of the accessories were thrifted or DIY projects.  Her ceiling fan got a major DIY style upgrade when I couldn't find any new fans for her room that I liked (we live in Oklahoma-some ceiling fans are a must!).






My laundry room is full of gallery walls of special family photos, momentos, and children's artwork.  



Our back yard and patio are home base in the summer for the neighbor kids...I love it!



My son's room is in progress,



and I'm planning to start an overhaul of our Master Bedroom as soon as I finish up a few more smaller projects.  Why don't you come on over and follow along?

Before I leave you, because it IS the middle of September and it's been too hot here to be motivated to decorate for Fall yet, here's a little holiday inspiration from my home last year.  




I hope you enjoyed touring my home, and I would love for you to come visit me at Dimples and Tangles soon! Cassie, thank you again for having me today. I hope you're having a blast and finding some amazing buys!  


Thank you so much, Jennifer, for sharing your gorgeous home with us!  Don't you love her use of color?  That green china cabinet haunts my dreams.

Speaking of dreams, I am living one of mine right now as I head to the fair!  You all have a wonderful weekend and I will be back next week!
Photobucket

34 comments:

Kirby Carespodi said...

What a GREAT home! So happy to see color---and not just that same color story of pale gray/off-white/hint of beige. Love the bright colors! And have a ton of fun at the fair *sniff*

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

Fantastic home! So nice to see someone that is not afraid of colour AND makes it work.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Enjoy your trip, Cassie. I love everything about this house. :) I've loved her dining room chairs since I saw them a few months back..they are amazing!

Laura @ Top This Top That said...

I always love visiting jennifers beautiful home. So warm and full of personality. Looking forward to your series cassie.

Julia Konya said...

Everything Jennifer touches turns into something amazing. Love her home!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Love this series Cassie and of course the name of it! Great home tour Jennifer :) xo Kristin

miss flibbertigibbet said...

You're going to the Country Living Fair??? You're going to the Country Living Fair??.
This house is stunning! I love her modern flair!!

Cathy Wall said...

A fun series kick off with a delightful and clever home! Thanks for sharing Jennifer and Cassie!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

I love Jennifer AND her fabulous blog. Even though I see her home pics and DIY projects all the time, seeing the tour pics all together makes me go "Shoot...why am I waiting to finish my DIY projects?!?!" Her home is incredibly warm, inviting and vibrant. The kind of home I think we all want. Love this inspiration!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

love this series and such fabulous photos. Americans really decorate their houses much more than we Aussies do - or is it just bloggers?
have fun at your fair!

Di said...

Love her use of color, makes me what to add some color in my house! Di

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What an awesome house tour - so many unique and interesting elements! ... Happy road trip girl! Hope you took lots of cash. Bring home lots of goodies and have fun a blast!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Cassie, Jennifer's home is amazing. I think she is fantastic! Her DIY projects are out of this world GREAT!
Thank you both.

Jenny said...

Your series title made me giggle - love it. Jennifer's home is awesome! So eclectic (boogie-oogie-oogie), but so totally pulled together. I can't even pick a favorite thing, it's all so gorgeous!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

What a beautiful home! I love Jennifer's style and that she seems to have a lot of stuff but is able to keep it looking cozy without being cluttered.

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

Super fun series. And I agree, Jennifer's house is awesomely eclectic and beautiful. Have fun road trippin'

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

Loving this series already and of course what a beautiful home Jennifer has; so beautiful and colorful; I love it! :-)

Vintage Prairie Style said...

so cute. i love the new series and this house, wow. i'm off to follow a new blog now...
thanks cassie and have a great time at the fair.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Thanks again for having me, Cassie. Your commenters are so sweet! I can't wait to see what other eclectic homes you feature! Put on your comfy shoes and go have some fun!

Amber Wills said...

So gorgeous Jennifer! I love all the emerald and navy! And I don't think Cassie sleeps either. I have a few theories about that! ;)

pam {simple details} said...

I love Jennifer's one-of-a-kind style and her un-ending supply of inspiring diys! :) What a great series! Can't wait to see what you come home with, Cassie!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I have been a D&T follower for a long time but I still sat here and looked through all of Jennifer's rooms again. It never ceases to amaze me how much personality is stuffed into that house! Love it!

Good Time Charlie said...

Jennifer, I want to go paint several things in my home Emerald Green. What a cool house you have!!! My kind of style, eclectic, color and fun, and almost everything repurposed. LOVE those dining room chairs.

Have SO MUCH fun Cassie at the Country Living Fair!!

Mrs. DeVore said...

I love her home and blog! So many fun projects!

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

What a beautiful home! LOVE all the painted furniture. Such a great sense of style.

Sandy said...

Cassie, going to Columbus tomorrow. First time at a Country Living Fair. Sooo excited! I follow Jennifer's blog religiously. Love her navy and gold elements.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Have the BEST time at the fair!! :) And Jennifer's house is beautiful.

Kelly said...

She is SO stylin'! GAH. LOVE that house, every single detail!

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog said...

There is just so much to love about this house! I love the use of color and how well she pulled it all together. Amazing!!! Have a great time at the fair! I know I loved going to the one here... Enjoy your time.

Gail Wilson said...

Jennifer has a beautiful home! Love the open floor plan and all the fun colors!

gail

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Hey, Cassie and Jennifer! What a fabulous tour. And a great way to start this new series. Love Jennifer's hall of mirrors: clever, creative and very cool! The entire house is wonderfully layered and beautiful.
xo
Loi
PS - Enjoy the fair, Cassie :)

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

Love Jennifer's house and I swear...every time I see her house, I notice something new. I love the pair of red lamps in her daughters room and that fun chair. But, then her office, her brightly colored painted furniture, black and white stripe accent walls, and her new kitchen lanterns...seriously??? I love it all. Such a gorgeous home!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I couldn't love this house more!! SO happy, cheerful, filled with personality!!! Jennifer is so amazingly creative and talented!!

Down to Earth Style said...

Love that house - especially the kitchen.