Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" Print

I was so excited when my DIY Club colleague, Cheri, told me about a new company we were going to work with called Lettered and Lined.  Lettered and Lined is a fabulous etsy shop featuring amazing quality prints for your home!  I was able to choose two prints and I chose one to keep and one which will become a Christmas gift for someone I love.  (I'll share soon, but hope they don't read that post!).

This shop is stocked with beautiful prints like this one....

And this one that my kids certainly could benefit from....



And if I were to have any more children, which I am not, but if I did, I could see this print in a Busta-baby room....

There were so many amazing choices that I took my time selecting one that spoke to me, and it also happens to be from an all time favorite book of Chris', so I thought he'd enjoy it, too.  It's from a poem in J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.  Here is the poem in its entirety....


All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King.


But the words of the print I chose are simple: Not all those who wander are lost.  For anyone who knows me well knows that these words speak to the way I live my life... I tend to wander and meander on my course.  Many people see those who wander as straying their course and losing sight of themselves or their goal.  For me, I wander to stay true to who I am and to be on my own path of happiness and life experience.  So although I may appear to wander, I am not lost.  I am exactly where I should be.

I chose to mount this print very simply.  I purchased a vintage child's pool table top at the Country Living Fair back in October.  It sits in my kitchen so that we could use it as a bulletin board, but then I purchased an organizer and didn't need the bulletin board.  So the table top sat empty until this print arrived and is perfect on its green background.  And it serves as a reminder to me that I am doing what I was meant to do, and it encourages my kids to wander and experience on their own path.  Do not worry about straying from where you are told to be, and trust your instincts.  I hung it between two tacks so that I did not have to make holes in it, by the way.... Here it is...



It makes me smile every time I walk that way.  Or grab an M&M or peanut.

Now, I have some good news for you!  On Friday, at The DIY Club, we will be starting a give away for two art prints from Lettered and Lined to one lucky winner!  Make sure you pop over Friday to enter!

And be sure to check out everyone else at the DIY Club's prints posts this week!

Photobucket

30 comments:

Julia Konya said...

"So although I may appear to wander, I am not lost. I am exactly where I should be." That's exactly what I love about you ;) The art is perfect for you!

ART aka Anna-Ruth Taynton said...

That is how I live my life, too!...I love this! Thank you so much for sharing!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Cool Prints, loving that little mini pool table super sweet score on that one

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That mini pool table as a bulletin board is genius. :) These prints are so beautiful.

Andrea said...

Yep, perfect for you. I love your method of displaying it too. Looking forward to checking out their shop.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a cool way to display your beautiful print!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

Cute! Love that bathroom one....

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

What great signs! LOVE the bike one! Life to the full! Melissa

pam {simple details} said...

Looks like I could get lost checking out all the fun prints! Love that yours has a special meaning for both of you!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is a wonderful quote and I love how it speaks to you. So cool to put it on that cute little pool table!!!

17 Perth said...

Thanks for introducing me to them! I love these prints! (And I have always loved the saying you chose! Maybe because I am a wanderer? lol. Annnywaaaays.)

Heading over to check out her work!

anu said...

Very cute prints. Love that you mounted yours on that vintage pool table. The quote is perfect too!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I love it! You chose perfectly :) xo

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

How very perfectly "Cassie"... well done, my dear. :)
xo Heidi

Allison said...

That print is very "You" Cassie. I admire you for staying true to yourself.

Hetty said...

Very nice prints, quote is perfect! Great way to display on your vintage pool table!

Ali Richardson said...

Love it :) And it looks perfect in that spot :) Keep on wandering (to Cali please).

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

Oh I love it. The location of it is perfect. I love wandering to a candy station :)

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Very cool Cassie! I love the wild things print :) xo Kristin

Bethany DeVore said...

I love how you displayed it on the vintage pool table, so unique!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

so cute cassie - love your new print and i NEED the guide to bathroom procedures in our family bathroom!
keya

Erin said...

The background of that print is so pretty! And grabbing an M&M would make me happy by itself, so seeing the print there is really just extra credit. You over-achiever. ;)

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

I love that quote. It's perfect :) I am wandering myself...

Alexa said...

I love that Not All Who Wander Are Lost print. I have that quote in my daughter's room! :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That is one of my favorite quotes. I love it!

Danielle said...

Lovely! I really love that quote. We did a bit of wandering today in the woods and it was just what we needed. x

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

:-) love how you displayed it and what it means to you Cassie :-)

Dear Emmeline said...

I looked at this one but ended up picking 2 different ones for Everett's room! I'll share tomorrow!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I love your choice and how you displayed it!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These prints are too cool. I'm sort of a sucker for bike prints, so that would probably be my favorite. (For right now.)