Friday, November 1, 2013

Insta-Friday and Halloween

Happy Friday!  YAY it's the weekend! This weekend is the Sweet Clover Holiday Open House and I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday- hope to see you!  Yes, we just wrapped up Halloween last night, so time to throw some Christmas in your face.  Love it.  Seriously though, I love Christmas and I feel ready to start getting in the Holiday Spirit.  It's such a happy time, filled with smiling people... what's not to love?

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my life in instagram (cassie8978) from the past week as well as some Halloween shots of my kiddos.

Last Friday we had a meeting at the barn.... I dressed for the occasion.


I worked on this chair which is almost done.  I'll be keeping it and it's going right there in my guest room.  The wall behind the bed will soon (hopefully next weekend!) be painted black.

Last Friday night, Chris was home later, but the kids and I carved out pumpkins.  Left to right: Mine which mustache you a question; Emmy's "unicorn"; Sawyer's sneering pirate.

Last Saturday I hit the flea market... score!

Been loving on my ill blind dog.... and wearing this bracelet which was a bridesmaid gift from my new sis in law, but made by my best friend, Ali, who has the cutest etsy shop!  Seriously- awesome Christmas goodies you need to check out.

I received a sweet note in the mail from my friend, Jesse.  It made me tear up and smile.  In this crazy world, I love how blogging has brought so many beautiful and talented people into my life.  I thank my lucky stars for friends like Jesse.

Saturday night one of my best friends came over and we worked with some rub n buff.  I created these antlers, and also gilded the little stump.

I stopped in a thrift shop and picked up this beautiful china cabinet.... I am teetering between black or white....

This poor two toned dresser had wood drawers and it just hadn't sold.  I mixed up some MMS kitchen scale milk paint and added it to the drawers.  Why didn't I do that before?  I love it now!

This child is NOT a morning person.

But she makes one beautiful peacock~  and you may notice the shorter hair.  I gave her a hair cut at her request.  My mom made her amazing peacock skirt and I found the mask at World Market.

Sawyer was John Wayne, or he told me I could call him the Duke.  My mom made his vest and chaps!

It was super windy and my peacock did not like the wind messing with her feathers, but I tried to get some real pictures with my camera as well from last night.

Lil John Wayne, as I like to call him.

Ruffled Peacock...

Um, yeah... couldn't find one good one of the two of them.  Sawyer who usually is not the one to pose was perfectly a ham.  And then there is that peacock.

Better...

Sawyer wanted to give me a "tough cowboy" look.  Nailed it.

Ya know what?  I told you all how stressful this week has been with things going wrong.  There's been so much work to be done, and I've been dealing with an ailing pup who is constantly having accidents inside, and has had a couple tumbles down the stairs.  This week has been emotionally draining for me, and it takes a lot for me to feel that way.  But last night, even in a rain shower, we paraded through my friend's neighborhood and the kids trick or treated while Chris and I hung out with our friends, and I left feeling refreshed.  Seeing the joy on my children's faces, and sharing in the evening's events with people I love was all that my soul needed to be renewed.  Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!  And welcome to November!Halloween 2013
Photobucket

34 comments:

Bethany DeVore said...

Glad you are feeling refreshed! Your kids' costumes are adorable!

Julia Konya said...

I'm glad you are seeing things a little different so you are ready to tackle the weekend. Loe Emmy's headpiece.
My hubby got mad at me yesterday when I told him that I'm getting ready for Christmas already LOL.

michelle@decorandthedog said...

I've said it before but your children are some of the most adorable children on the planet. Ike and I send lots of love Charlie's way. Hope the weekend goes well!

Dana Frieling said...

Sitting here wondering if Reed would freak out if I painted/gilded some of his antlers. ha! Glad you're feeling better, Cassie.

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Emmy and Sawyer looked great! I'm with you - have had a tired week but last night it was hard not to feel the pure joy watching the kids run around with such huge smiles on their faces.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Emmy and Sawyer's costumes look awesome! You've had a busy week...I vote black on that china cabinet. :) Hope you have a great one!

pam {simple details} said...

First, how cute are you in your cute equestrian attire!!! Isn't it amazing how gratitude for the simple things and a few friends can change your outlook! LOVE those cute costumes!

Gail Wilson said...

hey Cassie-love your inst-friday posts. :)

the kids are so cute in their costumes...halloween just isn't the same after the kids are grown, happy to know you're enjoying it, and loving it for what it is. :)

I hope your weekend is good!
gail

Eclectically Vintage said...

Glad you had a fun Halloween! I got a note from Jesse too - she's so sweet and made my day! So sorry about your pup too.
Kelly

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

The costumes are just awesome! And so glad the week ended on a happy note! Have a great weekend! I hope the barn is a flurry of activity, so wish I could come!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

What great costumes! I love the peacock!!

Roeshel said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your stressful week and poor pup! Hoping today's a better day!

Those costumes are awesome! Love the pics of your little ones. Too cute!

Have a great weekend, Cassie!

Good Time Charlie said...

Hope today is fabulous to make up for the week! Those costumes are hands down the best! Love the John Wayne ham.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Cassie those pictures you took before trick or treating are really lovely. They are at such a cute age, enjoy it!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Your kids and carved pumpkins are just too cute! I was a peacock once when I was little, wish my costume had been that cute! And, I think you should paint the china cabinet GREEN! :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Halloween is for the kids and boy did yours enjoy it!!! Their "outfits" are amazing.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Your kiddos are too cute! I want to add plaid to a chair now...it's all your fault! And...I want a sweater with a giant horse head on it...again all your fault! Have a great weekend!!! xo Kristin

Whats Ur Home Story said...

Love the costumes, especially your daughter's. After seeing this I want to try convincing mine to be a peacock next yr. :)

17 Perth said...

The photos of emmy and sawyer are too cute!! LOVE the headdress emmy is wearing. So impressed by your mom's skill! Makes me wish I could sew!

Rita said...

Hi Cassie remember me!! Im the blogger friend that hasn't had time to blog in like forever. i haven't even stopped by to say Hello...what kind of friend is that?? oh no! I had a break at work today and checked on your blog and i feel so out of the loop . So much to catch up on in so many blogger friends lives!! I promise not to be gone too long just wanted to stop by and say HI!!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

cassie, what a week. do you ever find that when it rains it pours! soon after we exited the hospital with our son i had to take my mom in! they are really getting to know me around there!!! on a brighter note, those are some cute costumes and hello - i love that horse sweater! i'm pretty crazy about your plaid chair too. I am staring at a chair right now that i pretty sure needs to be re-covered in buffalo check - that plaid chair gave me the push that i needed! now if everyone can just stay healthy and out of the hospital i'll be able to get to work!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Adorable costumes and adorable kids!! Love that chair and the rub n buff antlers, very cool.

Sorry about your puppy dog.

Dear Emmeline said...

I seriously need to go shopping with you!! You find all the best stuff.

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I love Emmy's costume! And the gold dipped antlers!

Ali Richardson said...

LoVe you friend!!! Have a great weekend at the barn. Missing you!

Amber Wills said...

Love the plaid on that chair! Looks like your guest room is all ready for us! ;)

Gretchen said...

Sorry it was a rough week! But those costumes are awesome, and I'm glad your Halloween went well :) Can't wait to see your black wall; I'll let you go first before I make the leap in my bathroom ;)

Renee said...

Simply adorable! I want that peacock skirt…can your mom make me one, too?

Alexa said...

Love the kids' costumes and love those antlers and the stump!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I love the Halloween costumes! Gorgeous peacock mask :) The gold chair with the caning will look amazing wherever you put it - great work on that, Cassie.I can see it has been a busy week and tiring, too. Hopefully a better week to come.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Those costumes are awesome! I want that mask for myself.

You hvae been busy!!! I think you fit more into days than anyone I know. And those antlers are awesomely amazing.

I'm sorry about your pup. Thinking about you guys.

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

I hope you had a lovely weekend Cassie and your two little ones look adorable in their costumes :-)

Shelley | Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm so sorry it has been such a rough week with Charlie :( Still praying for him! The kids look awesome in their costumes, by the way!

Katja @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

I love those costumes. And the tough John Wayne look. Perfect :)

The antlers you made looks so fab. I can't wait to see the black wall :)