Friday, November 8, 2013

Insta-Friday!

Happy Friday!  I am so happy the weekend is here... I am tired!  With daylight savings starting and changing my eating (I started Whole 30 this week), I am tapped out.  Today I have a date with my guest room wall... it's gonna go to the dark side.  Yeah baby.   Then the rest of the weekend, can you believe I don't have any major plans!  Just wine with my neighbor and a friend, and flea market!  I am sure I will find some things to get into though.  And maybe we will build a fire and cozy up one night- that sounds lovely!  Charlie loves to sit near the fire. ;)

Anyhow, it's insta-Friday, so time to share all of my instashennanigrams from the week! (You can find me at cassie8978).

Last week I bought a little red velvet settee from a lady at a storage unit... I  got there and she also had these goodies which I took home!

I did a little Thanksgiving decorating and purchased this teeny little milk bottle from a local shop- how cute!

I started participating in the Joy Filled Home Challenge with Michaela and this image was "something in your home that means the most to you besides the people in it".  My kids art:

Now that the mornings are a little lighter after setting clocks back, I was able to enjoy this view from my porch at 6:20 am as I headed out for a walk.

And Jake and I have been loving he cool mornings and beautiful surroundings.

I picked up a swanky vintage couch for the barn.... In my small Ford escape.  He he.

I missed my friend, so I hung a wreath she made me so I could think of her.

I used some West Elm dollars to randomly order a clearance shower curtain for upstairs.  You had to spend 75 to get 25 off.  I needed bowls that totaled $50, so clearly, I needed to add on some "fun" items.

I brought the foliage inside...

A little while ago I won a giveaway through Restoration House for an awesome wooden reclaimed arrow from The Charming Farmer.  Well, Meagan from the Charming Farmer happened to be in my neck of the woods and made a personal delivery!  We chatted for a while while Sawyer played and Charlie peed on the floor.  Good times. ;)  She is adorable and funny and sweet!!!!

And here is my AMAZING arrow.  I am still deciding where I want to hang it.

Antlers and hot glue one night.... I made an antler wreath and hung over my bed!

I finished up this table....

I went for another walk and this is always one of my favorite places in the Fall....

Sarah and I worked on setting up an "Earthy Bohemian Christmas" at Sweet Clover's cottage.  See where that swanky couch went?

Sarah and I often have the same thoughts and finish each other's sentences.  (You can even read her post about it here).  We also show up matching.  Sisters from another mother.

Because I am doing Whole 30 and eating clean and healthy, I am eating more squash and sweet potatoes than normal.  I was baking my spaghetti squash last night when I heard a crash.  My pyrex pan exploded!  And dinner was ruined. :(  And yes, that is the price tag on there, but I wasn't going to eat the skin!

Chris stopped to pick up a new pan on the way home, and I cleaned the oven.  Now we have a shiny oven and a new pan!  Let the good times roll!  I will laugh in the face of exploded pyrex and eat my squash!


Off to paint.... I hope to have some progress to share next week.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Oh, and you may have noticed I have been pinning my bangs back.... trying to decide if I should recut them or grow them out.  Discuss amongst yourselves and let me know.
Photobucket

30 comments:

Laura @ Top This Top That said...

What a fun week....except for the exploading potato. I have heard about those pans exploding under heat before. Good luck with your whole 30 plan.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I can't believe your pyrex cracked! That's not supposed to happen! I love spaghetti squash lately and butternut!! You live in such a pretty place!

Julia Konya said...

Can't wait to see your dark wall.
And I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous nature photos from your view or walks. Have a great weekend.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I had no idea pyrex could do that!! Wow! Love your insta fridays and I am totally jealous of where you live btw! Gorgeous!! xo Kristin

michelle@decorandthedog said...

I know where you can put that arrow!...IN MY DINING ROOM!!!!

Enjoy your weekend and squash.

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

Oh that arrow!?! I love it!!! Cannot wait to see where you put it. & I so wish I lived closer...I would love to see Sweet Clover and hang out on the swanky couch with you and Sarah finishing each other's sentences! My idea of a good time!!! ;)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

You life is one big happy adventure! ... Love that boho sofa and the cool arrow. Beautiful nature shots. Exploding pyrex is kind of scary! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bangs - keep them! ... Happy weekend! ... And I don't want to scare you, but I heard on the Today Show that there is a wine shortage coming ... better stock up!

pam {simple details} said...

My pan exploded with enchiladas, the oven and my language was ugly!! Love those morning walks! Have a wonderful weekend, and cozy up with your sweet Charlie!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

so many things to say cassie... first can i say i am green with envy - i wish the leaves were still on our trees and the snow wasn't covering the ground! love the set that you picked up - can't wait to see what you do with it! and finally - that pyrex... before staying home with my littles i was an occupational therapist - i did a turn in hand therapy as a student and learned that pyrex type baking dishes have a life span, and it never seemed to be consistent, that freaked me right out! we saw so many people whose pans exploded while they were transferring them out of the oven! needless to say their hands (and countless other parts) were NOT in good shape after! you got pretty lucky that it exploded in the oven! keep tabs on this new one and how often and how long you use it. if you feel like you've had it a while or have used it lot toss it, before you have a problem - we need to keep those hands in furniture painting shape! and there you have it, i may have filled my unsolicited advice quota for the day:)

Julie Boarder said...

What a beautiful place you live in, I'm envious of your walks with Charlie.

I cut my spaghetti squash in half, clean the seeds out and put it cut side down in a ceramic quiche pan. Add a little water and cover with saran wrap leaving a little venting space. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft and let sit for a few minutes. Carefully remove saran wrap as there might be steam build up and then remove squash with a fork. I have also heard of cooking it a second way, but haven't tried it: http://fishcooking.about.com/od/howtochoosefreshfish/ht/How-To-Cook-Spaghetti-Squash-The-Easy-Way-An-Easier-Safer-Method.htm

Heir and Space said...

Cassie! Too funny- i just did a twinsie table to yours! Literally it's the same table- check it out http://heirandspace.blogspot.com/2013/11/an-antique-classical-desk.html
I love what you did with yours :)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

You've been a busy girl this week! I say have 2 glasses of wine! Have a great weekend!

Amy Davenport Migliori said...

Did you preheat the pan in the oven and then put the squash in? That would make it shatter.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great week...but then all your weeks are GREAT!

Jamie said...

Contact Pyrex about your pan they may send you a new one, happened to me after I set one on a hot burner (oops forgot it was hot!) and they replaced it for me.

Bethany DeVore said...

Cozying up to a fire sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend! Daylight savings tired has me way tired too, here's to hoping we can all catch up on some sleep! :)

Ali Richardson said...

insta-stalker ;)
(hidden camera in the wreath - watch yo self).

Amber Wills said...

You are brave to start whole 30. I'm the worst at diets. I just get hungry so quickly that if I'm out I make all kinds of poor choices. Also I love that couch.

Pudel-design said...

What a nice week you`ve had!
Love the tufted ottoman and the arrow;)
Thank you so much for the compliment!
Love and hugs
Lydia

PB said...

Be sure to download and play Kacey Musgrave's song "Follow Your Arrow" to play while you hang that cool arrow.

House Envy said...

Love the couch in the bohemian style room. And I love your office desk finds!

Feral Turtle said...

I love the desk set you bought! Gorgeous, along with all of your other great finds. Glad your dish exploded in the oven and not in your hands!!!

Kelly said...

I'm w Charlie on cozying up around the fire. I need that arrow in my life.... And I'm on the fence w my bangs too.. I hate the in between stage though... Can't wait to see the dark wall in all its glory....

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

Where ever you go walking/running is the most beautiful place I've ever seen!

Shelley | Crazy Wonderful said...

Um, wow. I feel like such a slacker whenever I see your week in review posts :D

Courtney said...

Good on you for doing whole 30!! Can't wait to hear how you find it...I still feel fantastic!!
What a beautiful part of the world you live :-)

Patricia G said...

I've had Pyrex explode before - so scary! I think the arrow would be great on your front porch, directing people to your front door. That way people will always know which door is the right one to knock on...unless you want them to knock on the other one. Haha.

Lindsay said...

You had me at earthy bohemian :)

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} said...

I LOVE where you get to take walks and that you are surrounded by fall trees. So jealous!!

17 Perth said...

First off, I am pinning my bangs back too! Lol. Been letting them grow out--BUT--I have a hair appointment on the 20th--oh what to do, what to do. lol.

I have said it before and I will say it again--I am SO jealous of your walks...lol. Such beautiful scenery.

Also--cannot believe your pan exploded!! Crazy!